The Menta Group Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"Outstanding"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Love the organization and exciting opportunities are ahead.

Cons

No cons at this time. The organization has a great team in place so things will continue to grow.

"Excellent organization"

Pros

Excellent place to work.I learned more in my first year of teaching here than all 4 years in college. Leadership is compassionate and caring. Feels like family.

Cons

The work is not for someone who doesn't like a challenge.

Advice to Management

Continue providing training to staff. Love the kids and staff.

"Great experience and many life situations taught"

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

Pros

Everyone is a family in this place, when there are issues they are addressed and handled. There is always a helping hand when a situation occurs. Good job security, if you're willing to put everything you have into the job/career, you are definitely noticed. Will absolutely fall in love with the kids, especially the lifeskills students, they're an absolute blast. It is a challenging job but at the same time the challenge doesn't compare to what the rewards are. Watching a student improve in academics is one of the most accomplishing feelings in the world. To show students a world they never thought in a million years they would see is also an amazing feeling, as well as making a difference in a child's life that no other teacher could do. There's always someone in the school where you can change their lives for the better. An absolute all around great program and put into place for all the right reasons.

Cons

The students are challenging, in my eyes that's a good thing though because the more challenging the more opportunities you have to make a difference.

Advice to Management

Thank you for all you do and thank you for putting all the hard work that the kids deserve just so they have an opportunity to have a change in their lives.

"Good Environment"

I have been working at The Menta Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall good environment to work in. It is easy to feel supported by administrators and staff around you. I like that ideas and opinions are taken seriously, even if it is from an entry-level employee. There's definitely a sense of community within the organization. If you put in hard work and they feel you are capable, they will help pay for further education.

Cons

Sometimes there are disconnects between schools and administrators which causes confusion among staff.

Advice to Management

Keep on being involved. it means a lot to see administrators in the building being supportive and engaged.

"Human Service Organization that is there for the kids"

Former Employee - Teacher in Nokomis, IL
    Former Employee - Teacher in Nokomis, IL

I worked at The Menta Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The staff, administration, and upper management truly care about children. The focus is on the never giving up on kids. Can be a hard line to tow but definitely is the culture and belief system.

Cons

The work is challenging but rewarding. Not a job for the meek.

Advice to Management

Stay involved in the schools.

"Kid First Company"

I have been working at The Menta Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company is always thinking of the kid first and ensuring that they individualize to every student. They are on the cutting edge of educational strategies and always looking to implement research based best practices, they are not just "checking boxes" in order to be compliant. They have constant PD for all staff and are always willing to jump in and assist, from the top down. Their pay scale is competitive with district pay, which is not always seen in private schools. They are the epitome of what non-profit agencies are designed for.

Coming from a public background there are many things that I have enjoyed being employed with Menta. I like how the beuracracy is non existent in comparison. I have really enjoyed how the administration problem solves as a team and changes can be implemented without having to jump through hoops. My favorite thing of all, it is not about money, it is about the students and what the student needs.

Having a SPED degree offers many opportunities for me, as we know there are more openings then qualified teachers, and I have no intention of leaving this organization.

Although we do not get a "lunch" per se, we are with students the same amount of time as the public schools. Our planning periods are before and after school, which I have also enjoyed because it allows for collaboration amongst all staff.

Overall the environment of the organization and my building is fantastic! Nothing in education is perfect but Menta is doing what is best for kids all the time.

Cons

A small amount of my colleagues.....

They are good with our kids but terrible with other adults, which I can understand why the organization holds onto them, but they drive me crazy!!!

Advice to Management

Keep putting kids first, this is why I got into education and it is nice to see an organization that believes in that from the top down.

"Thanks for all you do!!"

Current Employee - Para Professional in Tolleson, AZ
    Current Employee - Para Professional in Tolleson, AZ

I have been working at The Menta Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent organization. Never gives up on children. This organization is one that is there to help the needest children.

Cons

All staff are not always in it for the children.

Advice to Management

Higher staff based on their mission to help children not because of certification. Assistants some times care more than teachers. Not managements fault just sad. Love the organization nor crazy about my old principal. Glad she is gone.

9. "Mission Driven"

Former Employee - Administration
    Former Employee - Administration

Pros

The folks at The Menta Group are to be praised for the work they do with children. They never give up on the children, they believe all children can and will be successful. This is tough to get through to some employees. The others on these threads who blame management have missed the mission and don't believe in the children. The job is tough, the children work to push any adult who tries to help them away. The Menta Groups philosophy of never giving up is not to be taken lightly. Saying no is not an option and this is usually where others become angry and feel management is not doing their job. Kick the kid out. Don't put him in my class and then they place negative reviews.

Many, many supports are given to all staff and staff to student rations are well below other schools. There is at least 1 staff for every 3 student in the school.

Cons

Please hire carefully and weed out those who really don't care about the children and are just looking for a paycheck. They can result in bad reviews here.

Advice to Management

The work you do is amazing. Please consider developing a systematic professional development program. Also you need to train staff more on the mission and the belief system. Staff who leave usually do not believe in the kids and will find someone else to blame for their failures as noted in some of these reviews.

10. "Great place to work with excellent support"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Mesa, AZ

Pros

Working at The Menta Group has taken a burnt out teacher from public education and reignited the flame that I had in my early 20's. The Menta group cares about every student and they care about their employeees. I feel supported in all of my endeavors and taking my position with them was the best move I have made in my career!

Cons

I have not come across many cons. I feel challenged, but I do not see that as a con, I see at as my opportunity to bloom.

11. "Pragmatic learning"

Current Employee - Instructional Assistant in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Instructional Assistant in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Very accommodating, flexible. And offers great benefites to ALL employees.

Cons

Requires a great level of patients, and understanding. Without the right coping skills work can potentially be stressful.

Advice to Management

need to have a system in place to where we can communicate with other branches in order to share and learn from each-others experiences.