The Menta Group Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"Outstanding"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Love the organization and exciting opportunities are ahead.

Cons

No cons at this time. The organization has a great team in place so things will continue to grow.

2. "Administrator"

Current Employee - Administrator in Aurora, IL
    Current Employee - Administrator in Aurora, IL

I have been working at The Menta Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is an amazing company to work at, we all believe in the mission of NOT GIVING UP ON KIDS!

Cons

The only negative I can think of is that, we need more schools to support even more students!

3. "Encouraging"

Current Employee - Staff in Aurora, IL
    Current Employee - Staff in Aurora, IL

I have been working at The Menta Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Collaborative, team environment. They appreciate new ideas and look to each individual's strengths and expertise. They welcome fresh ideas in curriculum, therapeutic learning, and problem-solving. There's always room for personal growth and they foster an environment for that.

Cons

(If it even is a "con) You must be a self-starter, quick-thinking, and creative. You go into uncharted territory sometimes in crisis situations with this population of kids. You have to be self-assured and confidence. You cannot wait around for your supervisor to tell you what to do. You have to be willing to reach out and effectively articulate your needs. This isn't a place for wallflowers.

Advice to Management

Keep striving for clear, concise internal communication.

4. "Doing their Best under tough working conditions."

Former Employee - Special Education Teacher in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Special Education Teacher in Mesa, AZ

I worked at The Menta Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A caring staff. The administration really wants to help the kids and the staff improve.

Cons

It gradually became more of a burden to remain with kids all day long. I became burnt out due to the increasing level of paperwork without the time to perform those tasks. The daily schedule became so compact that there was hardly anytime for grading papers, writing IEPs, meeting with parents, etc... Of course, doing work at home at night and during the weekend seemed to be an expectation. Why continue when there are other options that provide a proper lunch and time during the day to prepare. Somewhat sad to leave, but it was time to move on.

Advice to Management

Revise the schedule to provide teachers with structured time during the day for grading and data analysis.

5. "Administrator"

Pros

Good people are hired and under paid and under-appreciated

Cons

Menta's managers do not conduct business legally. They do not pay according to the rate of hire. The difference in pay between what was accutally offered versus what is received is staggering. They have a hard time retaining excellent staff because of pay. Once staff leaves, especially great staff, their exit, many times, is extremely vindictive and may require legal representation due to terrible management. I especially feel bad for students because who do not receive adequate resources. The company seems to nickle and dime everything. Their oversight and harrassment is extreme. The benefits also are terrible

Advice to Management

Learn how to be leaders- NOT MICRO MANIPULATIVE MANAGERS!

6. "MCS West"

I have been working at The Menta Group full-time

Pros

Supportive leadership staff and coworkers, diverse atmosphere, competitive salary, and room for growth within the company.

Cons

New staff, and not enough training.

Advice to Management

Add more thorough training for MSIS and Synergy, as well as explanation of benefits and PTO.

7. "Pragmatic learning"

Current Employee - Instructional Assistant in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Instructional Assistant in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Very accommodating, flexible. And offers great benefites to ALL employees.

Cons

Requires a great level of patients, and understanding. Without the right coping skills work can potentially be stressful.

Advice to Management

need to have a system in place to where we can communicate with other branches in order to share and learn from each-others experiences.

8. "Great place to work with excellent support"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Mesa, AZ

Pros

Working at The Menta Group has taken a burnt out teacher from public education and reignited the flame that I had in my early 20's. The Menta group cares about every student and they care about their employeees. I feel supported in all of my endeavors and taking my position with them was the best move I have made in my career!

Cons

I have not come across many cons. I feel challenged, but I do not see that as a con, I see at as my opportunity to bloom.

9. "Mission Driven"

Former Employee - Administration
    Former Employee - Administration

Pros

The folks at The Menta Group are to be praised for the work they do with children. They never give up on the children, they believe all children can and will be successful. This is tough to get through to some employees. The others on these threads who blame management have missed the mission and don't believe in the children. The job is tough, the children work to push any adult who tries to help them away. The Menta Groups philosophy of never giving up is not to be taken lightly. Saying no is not an option and this is usually where others become angry and feel management is not doing their job. Kick the kid out. Don't put him in my class and then they place negative reviews.

Many, many supports are given to all staff and staff to student rations are well below other schools. There is at least 1 staff for every 3 student in the school.

Cons

Please hire carefully and weed out those who really don't care about the children and are just looking for a paycheck. They can result in bad reviews here.

Advice to Management

The work you do is amazing. Please consider developing a systematic professional development program. Also you need to train staff more on the mission and the belief system. Staff who leave usually do not believe in the kids and will find someone else to blame for their failures as noted in some of these reviews.

"Not a good culture here"

Former Employee - Therapist in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Therapist in Chicago, IL

I worked at The Menta Group (More than a year)

Pros

High pay for very low caseload for therapists. If you apply, depending on the position, you have a good chance of getting hired because they need people for certain positions desperately.

Cons

I don't even know where to begin. I have many years of experience working as a therapist in the schools. Practicing here is like working 30 years ago; while I realize that a large part of the mission is to "rehabilitate" students so that they can matriculate back into their school districts, I have not seen much evidence of this being the goal pursued with fidelity, and academics are certainly not a focus. No one is happy here--not the students, not the staff, And upper management is paranoid, almost creepily so. Principals are really day managers, so if you have an issue, you cannot really go to them, You have to call a higher administrator and they will likely kick your issue to someone else. Everyone is afraid to say or do the wrong thing. It's just weird. Stay away if your license means anything to you. They don't care about anything except that you "meet your minutes."

Advice to Management

Hire administrators who actually understand special education law and stop micromanaging your principals and therapy staff.