The Morey Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Dana Morey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Sr. Mechanical Designer"

Former Employee - Senior Mechanical Designer in Woodridge, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Mechanical Designer in Woodridge, IL

I worked at The Morey Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Morey as a company has a good work enviroment.

Cons

Morey as a company is not as stable as they would like the business world believes.

2. "Good Place to Learn"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodridge, IL

I have been working at The Morey Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-You are exposed to many attributes of a company you wouldn't see at another company.
    -Freedom to find your niche.

Cons

-Too much responsibly
    -Work is not evenly spread out among employees or departments

Advice to Management

-Please begin enforcing a top down management approach and bring vision to the company.

3. "Good Company with Positive Momentum"

I have been working at The Morey Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It feels like a family. Everything is made in house. Brilliant Design Engineering team.

Cons

No Marketing Targets. Very weak on product direction and goals. Little or no training or room for career enhancement.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing for better processes and better talent.

4. "Great people, constant change"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineering in Woodridge, IL
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineering in Woodridge, IL

Pros

People are great, environment is great, nice facility, good processes and systems

Cons

Changing management, changing employees makes job description change frequently. Benefits were cut after financial setbacks.

Advice to Management

Connect with your people, recognize accomplishments, bring consistency to the organization to instill confidence.

"A Great Place That's Not For Everyone"

Current Employee - Leader in Aurora, IL
    Current Employee - Leader in Aurora, IL

Pros

Morey Corp. is a great place to work, in my opinion. But the opinions of the Morey work environment are of a "love/hate" nature. You'll love it - or - you'll hate it. Below is what you might love about it:

1. The people are genuinely honest and good, for the most part. Many have worked here for 15, 20, even 30 years. And these people are good (again, for the most part). This is not a "cut throat" corporate environment.
    2. Morey serves a VERY diverse set of customers with a VERY diverse set of services. You will learn A LOT. You'll also feel confused and feel like the company lacks direction at times. This, again, is because they are performing a lot of tasks for a lot of different kinds of customers. With that...
    3. Morey is one of the last true "ODM/JDM" (original design manufacturers, joint development manufacturers) left in the USA. Most electronics providers of this kind are long gone, in China, Mexico, LCC's in other regions of the world. Morey is truly a survivor and continues to find ways to survive.
    4. Morey is a conservative company with (mostly) evangelical Christian leanings. But they are NOT sexist, racist, etc. The company is diverse. There are women, atheists, Muslims, minorities, etc all along the worker-manager-director-exec spectrum. However, the company does have 'Serve God' on the back of the business card. Some love it. Some hate it. That's what happens when you stand for something. You get opposition. Period!
    5. Morey looks like a big company but acts like a small company. Some of the corporate processes you'd expect for a company that "looks" like Morey are not there. This can be disconcerting for some, freeing for others. Again, what's your preference?

Cons

See "Pros". Because all their Pros are Cons (for some).

Advice to Management

Get more focused on what's happening outside the walls of Morey. Morey needs to change. Let the world/market influence you more. Be more influenced "outside/in", don't let it change the core of who you are. Because a lot of people (like me) appreciate what you stand for and what you're trying to do. A Christian company, surviving in the Midwest in a global game, not perfect, but "good". I like that!

6. "My Favorite factory to build my designs. Period!,"

Current Employee - Sr. Design Engineer
    Current Employee - Sr. Design Engineer

I have been working at The Morey Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I do not have to get on a plane to go see my designs being built.
    We have a very impressive manufacturing facility with nitrogen assisted reflow.
    Wide adaptability to different products, wireless, GSM, CDMA, 4GLTE, BLDC motors, displays, engine controllers, etc.

Cons

Learning curve of newbies VS lack of acknowledgement to those who repeatedly pump designs out the back door meeting customer requirements, silently!

Advice to Management

SPC/SPC. oh, more SPC to slice good from bad at EOL and ICT and folks that understand how to drive out process variability.
    BOB's and WOW's

7. "Good company to work at"

Former Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Woodridge, IL
    Former Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Woodridge, IL

I worked at The Morey Corporation (Less than a year)

Pros

Company is growing so with a talent you have an opportunity to grown with the company

Cons

Management is a little new and is making a lot of decision

"Things are falling apart, do not even consider"

Pros

No pros other than some of the people I worked with

Cons

They treat you like crap. Salary is below average, long work hours, expect you to work weekends, no investment into employees, no respect from some managers, etc. I'm happy I got out of there.

"A disaster, run fast and run hard"

I have been working at The Morey Corporation full-time

Pros

The low level people are great to work with and always plenty to do. Sometimes too much.

Cons

The management is a disaster. I can only describe it as a Chinese fire-drill. What the company professes and what the company does are total opposites. The turnaround on good and quality employees is atrocious. If you are not an old time company insider you will not have a chance to make a difference before you reach the point of despair and are ready to run away. All the quality people have either, left, are leaving, are prepared to leave, or have been forced out. Loyalty at this company is a one way street. The only way to advance at this company is to know someone. Hard work will not do it. Anyone who gives this company a five star rating is either new, an insider or high level management. The advice I would give to any perspective employee is this; If you can find another job than do yourself a favor and do so. If you are intelligent or hard working you will not make it for very long and you will regret your decision for taking the job. The company has not been giving raises for many years, and in fact has been actually giving pay cuts. Company has been on mandatory furloughs for many months. Female employees are drastically discriminated against and for few there is a very hostile work environment. Employees on the production floor are looked down upon and quite often belittled by the production management staff. Even long time employees are now looking for new jobs. There are a few reviews by previous employees which are stellar. I am quite sure that those former employees, who once did, now regret giving this company a five star rating.

Advice to Management

I am beyond words for management. Get rid of the old time "good-ol-boy" network in middle management. There are about three to five people which are driving this company to ruin. It may even be too late for this company. Things MUST change drastically and fast. David Smith attempted these changes but was resisted because of these same people. Start paying attention to valuable hard working lower level employees and start rewarding them with decent pay. Pay scales at Morey are critically sub standard and below scale. Morey must work overtime to retain quality employees which can make a difference for the good of the company. All decisions made to date were politically motivated for the benefit of these same few insiders who are destroying this company. Start rewarding the people who are actually making or attempting to make a difference for the good. Your insiders are puling the wool over your eyes and not allowing others to improve this company if it will not serve their agenda. The loss of quality employees MUST stop. The only way to do this is to pay them a decent wage and to allow them to grow and with it to better the company. Too many mistakes have been made in the years I have been with the company and the only person in power who saw those mistakes and could have changed things was let go for political reasons and not due to lack of performance. If this company is to grow than quality employees must be allowed to flourish and stagnant employees must be controlled and motivated properly. The wrong people are being retained and the good people are allowed to get away.

"Slowly Going Downhill after CEO Left"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodridge, IL

I have been working at The Morey Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a job when I needed a job. I, however, am just waiting until I can find a very good position in a difficult field. It's turning out to be a good place to look for another job from!

Cons

Uncertainty abounds!! We "used" to have a really great CEo that seemed to be a very good business guy. The thing I liked about him is that he seemed to have a plan for the company and was trying to get his plan underway. All of a sudden, he was gone along with other senior executives and now we are back being managed by the owners, which is scary and troublesome, as they never seem to know what they are doing and their plan is always just to make the most money. Since the CEO left, it sems business has really started to slow down, we've had furloughs and it doesn't seem to be picking up, so a lot of fear around!

Advice to Management

Owners should have gotten out of the way of the CEO that "YOU" decided to bring in. At last he was growing the company and had a plan, now we don't know what the company is doing (good or bad) or if we are still growing or going out of business???