KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

The Mosaic Company Houston, TX Reviews

Updated May 22, 2020

Found 4 of over 67 reviews

4.9
The Mosaic Company President Megan Deans (no image)
Megan Deans

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Consulting

131 Comments

Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A company with values, that genuinely cares for clients and employees alike.

May 22, 2020 - Grid Operations Industry Expert in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Challenging tasks that make every day a new puzzle. Responsive leadership that values employee input and appreciates new ideas and suggestions. Pay and most benefits are above average. The opportunity for growth is above average. For those who enjoy or don't mind travel, Mosaic offers some excellent opportunities and locations.

Cons

PTO scale could be improved. Not for those who don't enjoy travel.

Vice President, People Operations

Thank you for taking the time to share what you appreciate about Mosaic! One of our core values as well as a branding trait, is Collaboration. We work hard to exhibit this every day and it is an expectation of everyone on our team. One of the reasons we love what we do at Mosaic is the opportunity to collaborate with one another to help solve complex problems for our clients. With this focus on collaboration, we want to make sure we continue to find new ways to recognize our team. We feel so grateful to have an amazing CEO who regularly advocates for our employees. During COVID, she awarded a bonus to all employees to help them with any immediate impacts and make a gesture to show just how important our team is to Mosaic's success. Our CEO is part of that can-do attitude you mention, and she is one of many examples of growth within Mosaic (she started as a Consultant back in the day!).

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Exceptional Company

Dec 11, 2019 - Consultant in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is the best company that I've worked for, throughout my career. The salary and benefits are very generous. The culture is amazing There's continuous support throughout the organization and numerous opportunities for growth and professional development. This organization not only talks the talk, but walks the walk. It's incredible to see how much this company gives back to communities where we work and live, provides employee charitable matches, and supports our client's charitable initatives. Mosaic also provides considerable support for Adanu, which helps build schools in underdeveloped Ghanaian communities. The Leadership style throughout the organization is roll-up your sleeve and do whatever it takes to support the staff to ensure that the highest quality projects are delivered to our clients.

Cons

The company is really growing very fast. Like all companies going through vast growth, there are some process changes, and you just have to be flexible.

Vice President, People Operations

Thank you for taking the time to highlight your positive experience as a member of the Mosaic team! We never stop looking at ways to improve as a company, which includes continuing to look at our compensation plans, benefits, culture, processes (and everything in between). Giving back to our communities is a key part of our culture and in 2019 we gave almost $200,000 to nonprofits ($50k was in employee matching). As part of our 5-year strategy, we recently opened additional positions on our Community Service Committee (CCC) to make sure we have additional resources and employee voices to target causes across the country that our employees care about. Over the past 10 years, we have sponsored 20+ employees to travel to Ghana, Africa to participate in community service efforts with Adanu, to focus on building schools and libraries in impoverished villages in the area. At Mosaic, we are all part of the same team and work hard to not lead by example and not title. We believe in wearing different hats and jumping in to help our teammates, regardless of the need, to get the job done. We appreciate the shout out on our endless drive reach excellence through ongoing improvement and lessons learned. We are always open to employee ideas and suggestions (even outside of regular surveys), and invite you and your teammates to reach out to us directly as we continue to grow and evolve.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Opportunity for Development

Jul 9, 2018 - Consultant in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Mosaic specializes in training and change management for companies in oil and gas. Mosaic is not a young company, but it has experienced exponential growth in the last five years. Part of that growth included the creation of a Southern Region headquartered out of Houston, TX. As such, Mosaic has clients which span from the Washington and California to Ohio and Massachusetts. Such growth allows for employee involvement in any field related to training, such as Project Management, Instructional Design, Front End Analysis, Training Delivery, and Technology Consulting. Mosaic provides invaluable experience to employees because of the wide range of specialized working . Mosaic encourages collaboration, and understands each employee has different strengths and weaknesses, and by combining all the various skills into a team, successful work output occurs. Additionally, Mosaic hosts monthly seminars on topics within the industry, so that if an employee wants to increase their knowledge in an area, they can attend the learning sessions and ask questions to improve their skill set. Employees at Mosaic have the opportunity to develop as fast they choose to, which is very unique in the consulting world.

Cons

One of Mosaic's core branding traits is collaboration. Many companies promote the concept that "you are in charge of your career", but with Mosaic this is actually true and can be frustrating for some employees. Issues and needs arise as the company grows, yet many of these issues and needs are first seen at the ground level by employees and not management. Such a situation is not necessarily a pro or con, but rather, a result of working in an expanding company. As a Mosaic Employee, your are expected to address, find solutions to, and communicate issues so that new business processes can be put into place to solve or prevent future problems. Employees with a "clock in/clock out" mentality struggle at Mosaic because of the dynamic style of projects assigned to the teams. Leaving issues for others and not solving issues as they arise inevitably creates massive re-work for all members of the team. As a Mosaic employee, you must understand that you have a responsibility to all aspects of your project, even if that issues falls out of your initial scope of assignment or delegation. Some employees can struggle with such great responsibility, but those that embrace the challenge are able to develop and advance quickly. Finally, travel is inevitable when working for Mosaic. Even if you are assigned to a project in your home city, it will be with a company that has offices in other states and will require some travel during the course of the projects. Again, this is not necessarily a con, just something to be prepared for.

Vice President, People Operations

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate your thoughtful responses describing the way we work at Mosaic. As you mentioned, we have experienced a lot of growth over the last five years. With that growth, we like to be flexible and open to new ideas, approaches to our business, and how we work with our teams and clients. What hasn’t changed is that we want our employees to truly feel empowered to take charge of their future and empowered to handle situations internally, face to face and with a human approach. We find that in most cases, our team can work together to come up with great solutions (and we are there to help guide and support). As we continue to grow and expand our operations, travel will remain our model. Our culture is to build relationships and partnerships with our clients and their teams. We feel this is the best way to provide outstanding service, collaboration and solutions to their business needs.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Mosaic Review

Dec 21, 2016 - Consultant in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Genuine people to work with who always offer their support and help, and truly care about the work they do.

Cons

The staffing personnel team could be tightened up. It seems as though some loose canons slipped through the cracks.

Vice President, HR & Recruiting

We love hearing consistent feedback about our amazing team - and we could not agree more! Our team works so hard and brings so much passion to the work we do. We believe it is important that we support one another, not only in the work we do, but holistically as people. We interview and hire to not only the role requirements, but alignment with Mosaic's core values and branding. These are the tools we use to make decisions, and guide our actions on a daily basis. We would love to say that we get it right 100% of the time, but there are times where we may have a miss. We use these opportunities as lessons learned, and work to continue to improve all areas of our business, which includes our hiring practices.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews