KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

The Mosaic Company Reviews

Updated Jun 14, 2022

Found 51 of over 67 reviews

3.9
The Mosaic Company President Megan Deans (no image)
Megan Deans

131 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Low level technology, dingy office setting, risk averse leadership, and slow moving processes, not to mention that the content can be fairly dry.(in 4 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

great people

Jun 14, 2022 - Instructional Design Consultant in Livermore, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everybody at Mosaic was friendly, helpful, and great to work with.

Cons

As a consulting firm, employment depends on the contracts they secure and maintain with their clients. They focus on certain industries, which can also be seen as a pro.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great for getting into the industry, poor for longevity

Aug 25, 2021 - Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great experience to add to your resume, you learn a LOT very quickly, most of the people you work with are great, and starting pay and PTO are pretty decent.

Cons

Not devoted to training or providing resources to their own employees, or investing time/money to ensure that changes. Senior leadership feels very reactive, and doesn’t seem to think past the next couple of client contracts. You WILL work with some rotten apples, and left to clean up the mess. There isn’t any devotion to helping you develop your career, you are an expendable and expensable resource. The recognition and resources you receive really depend on your PM or project. CEO does not seem invested or to care about the lower folks. Health insurance (Cigna) is TERRIBLE. And it’s the only option. 401k match is well below industry standards.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company to work for and grow with

Aug 25, 2021 - Senior Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very strong growing company with a bright future ahead. Love the way the company focuses on personal growth and has a family feel.

Cons

With the company growing it's getting difficult to maintain that small company feeling, however, Mosaic is doing a great job of trying to keep it that way.

Vice President, People Operations

We are pleased to hear that you had a great experience during your time at Mosaic! We are proud of the collective work our team has done to get to where we are today. Over the past 25 years, we have gone from being a small consulting firm in Seattle, WA to a national consulting firm with clients and employees all across North America! With our growth, we have put focused efforts to protect our company culture, which really starts with our core values and branding traits. These values and traits are living, breathing guideposts that help direct our actions, messages, and decisions, and allow us to embrace lessons learned. One of the values (and traits!) our team shines at is collaboration. We understand that collectively, we are stronger and can come up with more powerful solutions than we could on our own. We understand that the only thing that is constant is change, but we try to protect what has made our culture so unique. We love investing in our team and offer a wide range of professional development opportunities through our SEED (Skill Enhancement & Employee Development) program which includes on-the-job training, stretch opportunities, project showcase sessions, project and regional events, a Mosaic Toastmasters club, a LinkedIn Learning license, and more.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Company

Jun 7, 2021 - Instructional Designer in San Ramon, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Mosaic Company is a great company that does it's best to offer quality training specifically tailored to its clients. Mosaic has fun employee events and offer some nice perks, including an end of the year bonus. The majority of the instructional designers employed by Mosaic are highly-qualified and fun people to work with.

Cons

They don't seem to have much control of the client's working environment so even though Mosaic is an excellent company, there is a big disconnect between the two. The contract at PG&E lasts only two years.

Vice President, People Operations

Thank you for recognizing Mosaic as a great company; we can't help but agree! We love that we get to leverage our experience, expertise, and industry best practices to design and develop customized solutions to help our clients solve their business needs. Because we are so passionate about what we do, we also enjoy the diverse team of people we get to work with. Due to COVID, we haven’t been able to get together in-person over the past 18 months. Because we love to collaborate (a core value AND a branding trait as it is so important to us!) an internal team of employees was formed earlier this year to plan a virtual get-together. These creative geniuses came up with “MosaiCon 2021” where we had superhero-themed branding and swag, breakout sessions, optional activities (virtual scavenger hunts!) and guest speakers over a 2-day period. The event was a big hit and a great example of our team making lemonade out of lemons. PG&E is one of our many clients across North America and parts of their organization have tenure limits for contractors. We have seen this tenure limit being another example of turning lemons into lemonade as it allows our consultants to get to work with one of our clients for a few years before shifting gears to support another client project and location. As Consultants, we don’t see our role as one focused on trying to change our clients, but to support them as advisors and adapt to their unique culture and business challenges. We really enjoy having those fresh set of eyes and perspectives to support our clients with important changes happening to their business.

5. 4.0

Good Company

Sep 6, 2021 - Lead Engineer in West Carlsbad, NM
    Business Outlook

Pros

Salary and benefits. Strong Diversity culture.

Cons

Nothing really bad so far.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Work and Learn

May 17, 2021 - Instructional Designer in San Ramon, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Constantly being exposed to new cutting edge tools and software for professional development. Great place to learn ID best practices. Woman owned. Great compensation. Efforts for fair practices.

Cons

Due to being a consulting company, sometimes the employer culture is different than the company culture and you have to ignore the negative things about it because it’s not your space to critique. PG&E dictates most local available work. If those opportunities subside, travel opportunities are available but the frequency expected is not conducive to work/life balance.

Vice President, People Operations

Thank you for highlighting many of the great things about Mosaic! We work tirelessly to continue to improve our internal best practices around total compensation, processes, culture, and more to ensure Mosaic continues to be an amazing workplace. We are proud of our legacy of implementing practices that focus on doing the right thing (specifically centered around our core values and branding traits that drive our actions and messages) for our employees and clients. We continue to implement additional reviews and processes to ensure we are intentional in achieving diversity and inclusion across Mosaic (e.g. hiring, promotions, compensation, internal training). You are correct that we have our own unique culture at Mosaic, which overwhelmingly, our employees share that they love and what keeps them here. We are proud to currently work with over 30 clients that are located across North America. One of the exciting challenges our consultants navigate is adapting to different client cultures. We love that each customer is unique (even though they are often in the same industry) and require us to adapt to their culture to ensure our solutions are the right fit for their situation and needs. Because of the need to work closely with our clients to customize solutions, our team does conduct regular travel. We recognize that consulting and travel is not the right fit for everyone, which is why we hire with a combination of local, regional, and national talent in mind. With COVID, many of our employees have been working remotely and we look forward to adapting to the new reality of travel and needs of our customers as the country reopens.

7. 3.0

Okay company

Nov 13, 2021 - Instructional Designer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Looks out for employees wellbeing.

Cons

Micro-managing Not as Diverse You buy the PTO because you get certain hours for free

8. 5.0

Culture

Jul 12, 2021 - Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

company culture is amazing and they truly run their company based on those core vaules.

Cons

I don't have any cons for this company.

Vice President, People Operations

At Mosaic, our company culture is critical to our success! We are glad to hear that you have seen our culture in action as we believe it is why our team is so great at supporting our clients (and why we have fun!). It all starts with the foundation we were built on (aka "Clint's Napkin - Keys to Success"). That is: 1). Opportunity, Challenge, Growth = Employee Success 2). Branding Traits + Referability Habits = Customer Success 3). Billable Hours + Rate = Financial Success Time after time, when you ask someone why they are at Mosaic the answer is "The People". Our people are our culture and they are pretty awesome. We work hard to support one another, assume good intent, collaborate, have transparent conversations, and work hard to help our clients solve complex business problems.

9. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great place to work and great management

Jun 28, 2021 - Business Development Assistant in Renton, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very close family oriented business

Cons

Lots of travel required in my role

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not for everyone

Jul 28, 2021 - Account Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

1.) Fosters great culture at the staff level 2.) Has exploited a niche market 3.) Well received by their clients and the industry as a whole

Cons

1.) Senior leadership is tactical in their decisions 2.) Lacks strategic thinking beyond 3 to 5 years 3.) Lacks investment in the right areas

Vice President, People Operations

We are pleased to hear that you were able to experience our amazing culture and see what great opportunities we have to serve clients in the utility and oil & gas industry. Our team has a tremendous amount of experience and expertise (and they are really great people who are easy to work with!). As we have grown, we have made investments in many areas of our business including new leadership roles, subject-matter experts, and sales and marketing. One of the things we love about Mosaic is the ability to try new things and keep our strategy broad enough so that we can pivot with market changes or new opportunities. We have been able to do this successfully with COVID (quickly shifting gears from onsite trade shows to virtual events) and a successful acquisition earlier this year (we now have a Digital Learning arm of our business focused on AR/VR, which has brought us a new suite of tools, resources, and clients in new verticals). We don’t claim to have the answers for everything but we work really hard at jumping in to try new things, figure it out and continue to adapt as our approach as we move forward.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 51 Reviews

The Mosaic Company Reviews FAQs

The Mosaic Company has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 67 reviews left anonymously by employees. 70% of employees would recommend working at The Mosaic Company to a friend and 57% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, The Mosaic Company employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at The Mosaic Company. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

70% of The Mosaic Company employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated The Mosaic Company 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at The Mosaic Company to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be work life balance, management.

Popular Careers with The Mosaic Company Job Seekers