The Mosaic Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Megan Deans

1. "A Role Model for Consultancies"

Former Employee - Instructional Designer in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Instructional Designer in San Ramon, CA

I worked at The Mosaic Company (Less than a year)

Pros

Engaged, knowledgeable colleagues, supportive management, balanced focus between client, employee, and Mosaic. Excellent project management, inclusive (everyone's input is accepted respectfully).

Cons

Can't think of anything. It was a good experience.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

May 19, 2016 – Vice President, HR & Recruiting

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are very pleased to hear that you had a positive experience working with us. We work hard to do right by our teams and clients by leveraging our branding ... More

"Challenging and Fun!"

Current Employee - Learning Consultant in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Learning Consultant in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at The Mosaic Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Mosaic offers an excellent compensation package, and many opportunities to grow professionally. My colleagues and management are exceedingly helpful and have made my first year at Mosaic quite enjoyable.

Cons

I'm concerned that PG&E is Mosaic's only client in California. Cost-cutting measures and policies at PG&E are affecting Mosaic directly, which means my job could be impacted.

Advice to Management

Grow your California clients quickly before you lose a lot of great employees.

Feb 10, 2017 – Vice President, HR & Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We agree; our team is not only talented, but fantastic people that support one another. Our employees are passionate about their work, and ... More

3. "Mosaic Review"

Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at The Mosaic Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Genuine people to work with who always offer their support and help, and truly care about the work they do.

Cons

The staffing personnel team could be tightened up. It seems as though some loose canons slipped through the cracks.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing.

Feb 10, 2017 – Vice President, HR & Recruiting

We love hearing consistent feedback about our amazing team - and we could not agree more! Our team works so hard and brings so much passion to the work we do. We believe it is important that we ... More

5. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Benicia, CA
    Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Benicia, CA

I have been working at The Mosaic Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits: health, dental, vision.

Cons

Travel possibility mandatory, high hours

Jul 21, 2016 – Vice President, HR & Recruiting

Thank you for your feedback. We work hard to provide a rich compensation and benefits package to take care of our team. Our team demonstrates passion every day in serving our clients and we work to ... More

"Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Good Company to work for

Cons

May require some travel to locations across the country

Oct 15, 2015 – Vice President, HR & Recruiting

Thank you for your feedback. Travel is definitely a challenging aspect of the work we do at Mosaic. We work hard to recognize and reward the sacrifice our team makes to travel week after week to work ... More

"Small Company, Big Impact!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at The Mosaic Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Mosaic Company sets the standards high when it comes to core values and they deliver on them. This is an environment where people truly love the work they do and come together in a collaborative manner for the greater good of our clients. Customer service, flexibility and passion are just a few things these folks have in common. As Mosaic continues to grow, the stance to stay true to those values and who we are as a company are more important than ever and they are making it happen.

Cons

Any company in growth mode has lessons learned along the way. It’s how they are handled that makes all the difference. Mosaic continues to impress!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. We appreciate you listening.

Oct 15, 2015 – Vice President, HR & Recruiting

Thank you for your feedback. We agree that our core values and branding traits are everything to us, and are ultimately why we have been successful. As we grow, it becomes more important than ever ... More

8. "Mosaic Works Hard to Walk the Walk & Talk the Talk"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Renton, WA

I have been working at The Mosaic Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When you look at Mosaic's goal--to be the best consulting company in the utility and oil & gas industry--they work at it pretty hard. We go out of our way to help clients. We treat each other like clients and stick to the referability habitsw--show up on time, dod what you say you will, finish what you started and say please and thank you. I give Mosaic great credit for desiring to be the best.

Cons

No company is perfect and with growing pains, the company has occasionally stubbed its toe. This is a company that takes the high road, and I will too.

Advice to Management

Protect the benefits--to be the best you can be and retain employees, don't let the benefits slide and erode.

Jun 5, 2015 – Vice President, HR & Recruiting

We are glad to see that the hard work our entire team puts in is being seen and recognized. We work hard every day to exhibit our core values, branding traits, and referrability habits - things we ... More

"Genuinely a great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA

Pros

True professionals engaged in essential work for the clients, and their customers.
    Benefits that rival some very large companies.
    Proactively collaborative environment - from the new employee all the way to the CEO and Founder.
    Real integrity from leadership and throughout organization.

Cons

One of the best organizations I have worked for, so very few. Some may find the travel daunting, but this is almost entirely based on location - some resources travel, others do not as the clients are nationwide.

Jan 20, 2015 – Vice President, HR & Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We work hard to provide a competitive total compensation package and regularly benchmark against other organizations. Our core values ... More

"Motivated? Self-Initiated? Passionate? Enjoy Helping Clients? Mosaic is Your Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at The Mosaic Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is all ears--they listen well. Rather than sit on their laurels as one of the best companies to work for, Mosaic is looking down the road to locate their next client to help. And you get to be a part of that process. If you can look at situations at a utility or oil & gas company and see where the cogs are clogging or the wheels aren't working as well as they could, you get to be innovative and creative and part of the process to make things better. Great satisfaction!

Cons

This is not a company for people who lack motivation, insight or need constant reassurance. It's not for complainers who are great at criticism, but fall short of ever providing answers, or even thoughts of how to make things better. You probably should be an alpha and know how to work with alphas--you can be the dominant key in a chord, or a part of a major chord that blends with all the dominants.

Advice to Management

As you grow, stick to the core values and beliefs that got you to the top of the consulting heap in the first place. Mosaic stands out, and most of that attention belongs to the employees who make that company happen. Continue to be generous--that also sets you apart and attracts the best people to the company.

Oct 7, 2014 – Vice President, HR & Recruiting

Thank you for the positive feedback. We work hard to really listen to our team and regularly solicit input and suggestions through employee surveys, meetings, and ongoing communications. We are ... More

"A Company That Visualizes, Believes and Makes Things Happen"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

I have been working at The Mosaic Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People who work here feel passionate about helping clients and helping each other. Regardless of your position at Mosaic, you are treated as a valuable employee and your opinions are heard. People genuinely like each other. If you are self-initiating, you can learn a ton of information about the company and about the utility and oil & gas industry by reading the training/education materials on an internal portal. The benefits are good and the opportunities are there. It's not a place for wallflowers--you have to have that drive in your belly.

Cons

While technology minimizes distances, Mosaic employees are working at many different sites across the nation and you just have to remember the time differences.

Advice to Management

Continue in the direction you are headed. Your employees are behind you. Just keep the dialogue open and transparent and we'll be there when you need us most. Praise the employees who are living are living the core values and promoting the branding traits. The best thing Mosaic leadership can do is keep its staff informed --they will support the direction when they understand what you want.

Oct 1, 2014 – Director, HR & Recruiting

Thank you for the feedback. We continue to listen to our employees and leverage the feedback to make ongoing improvements so we can continue to be recognized as a best company to work for.