Cover image for The N2 Company

The N2 Company CEO Duane Hixon
Duane Hixon

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "At my time of employment, there were no benefits offered to employees as you basically operated independent of corporate.(in 10 reviews)
  • "Low pay and lots of change(in 7 reviews)
  • "100% commission.(in 4 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of The N2 Company and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome culture

Jan 10, 2023 - Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

This place takes work /life balance to a whole new level. It isn’t just all talk like some companies.

Cons

Can’t think of anything bad to say.

2. 1.0

Model not sustainable

Jan 2, 2023 - Area Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Meeting residents Meeting business owners Make your own schedule Can earn good Money in short term Good 3 to 5 year opportunity for a cold calling aggressive salesperson

Cons

Product does not deliver what clients want as Cost is way too high, there are not enough potential homes that can do business and the product is filled with ads so there is little chance to be seen. They even say “the magazine without events doesn’t work.” Events are not regular and often there are not enough residents there to bring business. They are fun, the stories on the newsletter are good and read bit don’t equate to business for more than a handful of realtors, High end remodelers and. I niche businesses. Etc..roi is low. N2 charges way to much to its area directors in addition to costs outside for Staff and gifts and errors and quarterly taxes and extra pages. Relationships that begin great sour due to low roi, requirement of Area Director to collect payments when they don’t go thrift, which affects income, and so one may go through 300 businesses in 3 or 4 years. Contracts trap business into paying thousands for ads that don’t bring many calls and so the relationships are harmed. Model is not sustainable so many quality businesses close. It is just like insurance sales and knife sales..hard core cold calling. 100 percent commission income No benefits Required costs of travel and training and override for leaders Deceptive tactics to set meetings

3 people found this review helpful

The N2 Company Response

Hi there. While we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review for a role you were in for more than eight years, we have to disagree with your many points. The award-winning training we provide for our Area Directors does not include selling false promises. We stress the importance of clear expectations and open communication with our clients from day one. Anyone who does not follow this is not a fit for this opportunity, which may have turned out to be the case for you. We have tens of thousands of happy, returning businesses who partner with their local publication to reach their ideal clients and are sad to hear you don’t believe the clients you served were a good fit. As an Area Director, you have the ability to drive your financial outcomes and we have not changed our commission structure in many years. The points you made in the “Advice to Management” section of this review have been shared with leadership. We wish you the best.

3. Join the The N2 Company team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Ineffective ads leave clients frustrated

Jan 12, 2023 - Area Director in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

100% commission on ad sales so you can essentially make as much money as you’re able to sell. Set your own schedule and work remotely.

Cons

The advertisements are expensive for clients and many claim to never receive a direct lead from them. The contracts are air tight so they can’t cancel early, which leads to relationships turning sour and the position becomes more about damage control and trying to appease frustrated clients. Also take note that almost every negative review on this site is followed by several short/vague positive reviews. This is the company unofficially soliciting positive reviews from employees, something I have been asked to do several times and have always refused.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company to work for

Jan 9, 2023 - Area Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Autonomy, uncapped potential, culture, community, leadership potential

Cons

no insurance for 1099, lots of change, systems bog down

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place

Jan 12, 2023 - Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team work, great mission, and awesome people to work with.

Cons

Salary is not competitive in some of the roles.

7. 3.0
    Former Employee

Great Work Place for Entry Level

Dec 5, 2022 - N A in Wilmington, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Flexible Schedule as long as you communicate with TL - 100% Remote - Frequent check-ins

Cons

- Pay is low in comparison to other companies

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

A company that truly puts people FIRST!!

Aug 30, 2022 - Chief Operations Officer in Wilmington, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

In my 9+ years at N2, I have never witnessed our leaders do anything that wasn't in the best interest of our team members. The owners built an organization that rewards those that contribute to both the bottom line AND that care about the team members they work with.

Cons

As an Operations team member, it is frustrating working with a company that is mostly about recruiting/sales....but, that is what we signed up for!!

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company! Amazing Culture

Oct 20, 2022 - Customer Service Manager (CSM) in Wilmington, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company Culture Work-life balance Flexibility Supportive

Cons

income potential wasn't the best

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

The N2 Opportunity Has Changed My Life!

Nov 12, 2021 - Franchise Owner
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you follow the program and work hard, you'll achieve your goals. N2 offers plenty of support and continued education. The opportunity with N2 offers the ability to give back to the community in various ways while also creating a steady and unlimited income potential for yourself. There are so many little and big perks in this role that add to the value immensely too.

Cons

You have to be a self starter and highly motivated on your own. Nobody is hovering over you to make sure you do the work. You have to be willing to be vulnerable and sometimes ask for help. You have to be willing to learn and grow even when it's not always easy. You must be tough and have grit and do the grunt work to get started. None of these are actual cons to me, nor are they to other successful business owner. Owning a business is not as easy as it looks, so you better be up for it and have the mental stamina to keep pursing. It's worth it and pays off in the long term but it's not for everyone.

The N2 Company Response

Thank you for sharing this and we really appreciate the advice to our leaders. We will share this on an upcoming meeting. So glad you've been with us for almost a decade.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing company

Sep 14, 2022 - Area Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

uncapped salary, 100% flexibility, run your own business

Cons

work in isolation sometimes, business ownership is not for the faint at heart.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 412 Reviews
</>Embed

The N2 Company Reviews FAQs

The N2 Company has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 456 reviews left anonymously by employees. 83% of employees would recommend working at The N2 Company to a friend and 79% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, The N2 Company employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at The N2 Company. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

83% of The N2 Company employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated The N2 Company 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at The N2 Company to be senior leadership, benefits, career development and the cons to be management, compensation.

Popular Careers with The N2 Company Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at The N2 Company? Share Your Experiences

The N2 Company logo

Affiliated Companies

The N2 Company Careers

Cover image for The N2 Company

It's difficult for most businesses to reach their target market. At N2, we offer local marketing solutions that connect great businesses...More

• A Place For You

Company Updates

Logo

1 days ago

Company News
Riding the tails of a major rebrand from N2 Publishing to Stroll neighborhood magazines in July 2022, there were still a handful of larger community publications that stood out as unique from their Stroll counterparts. These 30-some publications could have been part of the Stroll brand family, but they had a separate feel and reach – and N2 already had big plans for future launches of the same caliber.
Shared image - MEET GREET: N2's Newest Community Publication
MEET GREET: N2's Newest Community Publication
n2co.com

The N2 Company Photos

+ Add Photo
The N2 Company photo of: Our monthly Home Office team meeting has turned into quite the production!
The N2 Company photo of: National conference is a great way to see how we've grown, since it brings everyone together in one room. 700+ strong.
The N2 Company photo of: Our Field Support staff exists to support our Area Directors with any questions they may have.
The N2 Company photo of: Residents enjoy reading N2 publications because it's about their neighbors. The magazine is a reflection of the community itself.
The N2 Company photo of: N2-ers enjoying a post Home Office Team Meeting social!
The N2 Company photo of: N2 Field Day -- where our leadership takes one for the team underneath the N2 Dump Tank. Every time the tank is released, we donate to fight human trafficking.
The N2 Company photo of: Real Producers and Stroll Area Directors at National Conference

Expert Career Advice

Best Version Media Logo
Best Version Media

4.4

Compare

Glassdoor has 456 The N2 Company reviews submitted anonymously by The N2 Company employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if The N2 Company is right for you.