KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

The N2 Company

Is this your company?

The N2 Company

Add a Review

The N2 Company Employee Reviews about "area director"

Updated Oct 16, 2019

Found 43 of over 419 reviews

4.5
The N2 Company CEO Duane Hixon
Duane Hixon
Pros
  • "I also love being creative with my publication(in 47 reviews)

• "I started out with N2 as an Account Executive responsible for advertising sales for an Area Director with N2(in 43 reviews)

• Cons
  • "You have to be financially stable enough to support the ramp-up period for your publication(in 38 reviews)

• "Only 10% of those who start actually get to print, especially if you are in a market already saturated with other Area Directors(in 29 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of The N2 Company and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "area director"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Excellent Income Potential

Oct 16, 2019 - Region Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

N2 offers an opportunity to earn high levels of income quickly with the flexibility of the ability to create a great work/life balance. The ongoing training and support is ever present and there is a real desire for their Area Directors to succeed in their goals.

Cons

Getting the publication off the ground takes hard work however once in print, consistent activity, to a lesser degree, will sustain it for a long time.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome Opportunity!

Jul 22, 2019 - ADC in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture with lots of encouragement from everyone you meet! N2covers at least half of the cost of your hotel for all training and will cover all of it if you room with another Area Director which works out well if you already know someone or meet someone you wouldn't mind rooming with for a conference which honestly isn't difficult since you meet so many great people. You get paid immediately for any cross sales you make into other N2 neighborhoods. Autonomy and flexibility are amazing because you can work your life into your work schedule of appointments, calling and conference calls.

Cons

You don't get paid until you go to print which sucks because that takes some time, but it's not that bad if you are used to a sales environment or if you are currently self employed. There should be a better process in place to help with the sale of National accounts into new pubs that are ramping up. It would help by motivating you as you're working to get to print.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

I love my job with N2 Publishing

May 14, 2019 - Area Director in Sarasota, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love the flexibility of this job. I can work most weeks full time but other weeks where I may have a family event I am able to attend. I am able to put my family first with hard work and and following my schedule. The Culture at N2 is by far the best I have ever worked with and I feel more like N2 is a big family instead of coworkers. The company is constantly helping me grow in my responsibilities as an Area Director and in my personal life. They have given me an opportunity to be my own boss, determine my own income and they have helped me find a great work/life balance that works for me as an individual. I love this company!

Cons

Deadlines are what we work around so I guess that could be a con but N2 helps you learn how to manage them well and after over 8 years in print I just learned to plan for them with my schedule.

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0

Best Place to Work

Feb 5, 2019 - Franchise Owner in Tyler, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from Home, flexible hours, plenty of time off, Great money, Lots of training and help lines, three conferences per year, awesome and unique product, Very user friendly portal and publication article upload system, very high standards, gives back 2% of all company earnings to non-profits, many great area directors company wide, great culture and very high values

Cons

I seriously can not think of any cons to this business. I am 55 and worked for other companies throughout the years that were not sales related and it was just a job for me. N2 has been the best decision I ever made and I consider myself VERY fortunate.

5 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0

Amazing Company

Nov 5, 2018 - Area Director in Durham, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I absolutely love working here, and I plan to be here until I retire (so another 20 years). From the very start, when I was being interviewed for the position, N2 has been clear on what the job is and what the job isn't. It's not easy to go for several months without a paycheck, but they are very clear that this is what you will do at first, and if you work hard and have an ALL IN attitude, it will be SO worth it. I make a very nice income, have A TON of flexibility with my schedule, and I love the people I work with and work for. The leadership and training is second to none. I truly love it here, so I recruited one of my good friends, and she just made it to print and became an Area Director! N2 gives a very generous recruiting bonus, but that is not even why I recruited her. I knew she was looking for something she would love, and I knew this opportunity would be a nice fit for her personality, talents, and would provide the balance she was looking for with her family.

Cons

Cold calling. This is the only part of my job that I don't like, but I knew it was part of the job going into it, and its only a small portion. The amount you need to do is totally doable, and so worth it.

6. 5.0

Two Thumbs Up

Oct 8, 2018 - Area Director in Dublin, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

I started with N2 in 2010 as an Account Executive and am now an Area Director in one of the most prestigious communities in the Columbus, Ohio market. Starting as an AE allowed me to experience many aspects of the AD role. I’m so thankful for my new role and the support of my fellow Area Directors. When my father was diagnosed with cancer, every member of my team reached out to me and my family to see what they could do to help. Our team is a more of a family than coworkers.

Cons

The hardest part of the job is staying motivated. That is when you dig deep and remember your why.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Perfect opportunity for life changing transition...

Sep 29, 2018 - Area Director in Johnson City, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility of schedule. Potential for six figure income and beyond. Great support from the company. Excellent training. A company with superb integrity. The company culture is unprecedented. Ability to own you own company with minimum financial investment. After serving in full-time church ministry for over 30 years, my wife and I were looking for an opportunity to move to her hometown. This is when we found N2 Publishing. A friend in Alabama had started a publication and introduced to the concept. We found a publication in Johnson City. The current Area Director had moved and was looking for someone to manage the publication and eventually become the Area Director. In June of 2015, we made the transition to Johnson City to become the publication manager of Life at the Ridges and became the Area Directors in January of 2017. Simply put, this has been a "life changing" experience and perfect fit.

Cons

Need to tweak the Area Director position to include a husband and wife team. Takes a several month commitment to start earning an income when starting a publication.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0

LOVE LOVE N2!!

Sep 12, 2018 - Area Sales Director in Castle Pines, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

I started out with N2 as an Account Executive responsible for advertising sales for an Area Director with N2. After gaining experience and knowledge about N2 Publishing, I went to a conference and met Duane Hixon and Earl Seales, the CEO and President of N2. They are honest and genuinely care about the people who represent their brand. I decided to take a leap of faith and start my own publication and have been in print for more than four years now. You are an independent franchisee. I love the freedom and flexibility I have as an Area Director. With this, I am able to spend time with my family near and far when necessary. I can schedule my own time. N2 Publishing offers training and ongoing education to teach you how to run your business the right way. I love meeting new people and learning their stories. Also being able to help make connections between our affluent residents and local businesses in our area. The income potential has no limits.

Cons

You withhold your own taxes and there are no medical benefits or 401K plans. If you want these, you need to be diligent to set up your own plan. The job does include stress with demands for content, deadlines, sales of advertising and ongoing communications with customers, social events you schedule and keeping all the balls in the air for a successful magazine. You can hire help, it is up to you if you want to manage and pay others. There are no set territories for sales...there is a lot of crossover with others as it is a straight commission position.

9. 5.0

My N2 Experience

Aug 10, 2018 - Area Director in Las Colonias, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

My N2 experience has been like many of my Fellow Area Directors. I worked very hard to get my Ramp-Up completed. It, with out a doubt, was one of the most challenging things that I ever have taken on. The concept is not difficult but the battle to stay focused and positive throughout the day to day appointments was difficult. In the end, receiving the box full of my first month's issue samples was one of the most gratifying in my life. I enjoy the tremendous flexibility that N2 provides. In addition, there is truly no limits to the income that you can aspire to make as long as you are willing to do the work to get you there.

Cons

There are no cons from my perspective. There are challenges for sure but they are my own personal challenges. Being my own boss, I have to develop the habits of focused work throughout the day. Many distractions come at us every day and learning to stay focused on the revenue driving activities is a learning curve. After being in a salaried position for many years, you can get complacent. The great thing is that with every sale I make I give myself a raise..

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Review

Jan 29, 2018 - Area Director in Sacramento, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Residual income Flexibility to work hard and take time off No micro management from leaders Corporate support Opportunity to meet and help other business owners Before I started working with N2 I spoke with several Area Directors to understand their perceptions of expectations for the role, the pros and cons, and day to day responsibilities. So far my expectations have been mostly met. I enjoy the position. I appreciate the ability to earn without having someone overseeing all my activities, while simultaneously having support when wanted and needed. The positive culture is also a motivator.

Cons

Setting up new appointments Handling unsatisfied clients

3 people found this review helpful