KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

The N2 Company Employee Reviews about "residents"

Updated Jul 27, 2021

Found 13 of over 442 reviews

4.5
The N2 Company CEO Duane Hixon
Duane Hixon

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "At my time of employment, there were no benefits offered to employees as you basically operated independent of corporate.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Low pay and lots of change(in 6 reviews)
  • "100% commission.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of The N2 Company and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "residents"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Feb 16, 2017 - Area Director in Sarasota, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

N2 has been the best company I have ever been a part of. The companies culture and the people make it an amazing place to work. I struggled when I first started but the support I received got me through the ramp up stage. N2 continues to give me the support and has procedures in place for me to be successful. Thank you N2 for creating such a great product that my residents and I both love and offers financial freedom for my family. The pros of working with N2 is that you are never alone in the job. They have support systems in place such as leaders, coaching calls, conferences and even a care team. These are all put in place to help each individual reach their personal and financial goals.

Cons

The cons of working at N2 are you need to be self motivated and if you are the type of person who can only be successful with reporting to someone then N2 is not going to be a good fit.

3 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0

Work life balance

Jul 19, 2016 - Area Director in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Balance Residual income Cross selling Trade opportunities (I traded 25,000 for my wedding) Building community Freedom Team Work hard play hard mentality Endless opportunity Growth N2 has allowed me to to have a great work life balance. Being a mom and & business owner is not always an easy thing to balance. Because of N2 I can provide for my family and take the time I need to spend with them. I get the opportunity to provide value to not only the residents in our communities but our business partners as well through events. It's fun to connect people and watch relationships flourish and grow. I love capturing memories and love that we get to recognize and highlight a community and their accomplishments through their monthly publications.

Cons

Getting to print can take time but pushing hard through that process is exceptionally rewarding!!!

6 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0

Life is Good!

Oct 31, 2017 - Area Director in University Park, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Quality of life, income, culture, the product, setting my own schedule. was recruited into N2 Publishing by another Area Director. I met with him about advertising my insurance business. When he told me about working from home, the income, and culture I thought it was a scam. I personally knew two of his advertisers so I called them. They had nothing but good things to say about N2 Publishing and the Area Director. I called him back and we talked. He explained that getting to print was a tough and challenging road but worth the effort. It was tough but worth the effort. For the past four years my life has been, making good money, working from home, spending time with my family, working with people I consider some of my best friends, working with clients and residents that are fun. So life is good and I'm thankful that N2 Publishing created this business model and wonderful product for me to build a business around.

Cons

Getting to print and the first year is tough. It's mentally challenging and can cause a person to have self doubt. It is a bit of a challenge to muscle through but is good because it builds a culture of dedicated hard workers.

4. 4.0
    Former Contractor, more than 5 years

Great Products and opportunities

Jun 10, 2019 - Area Director in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a really great place to work is you are a self starter. The product is great and residents really love it.

Cons

if you are not a self starter or sales guru you will probably get left behind.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Learning the ropes

Sep 6, 2016 - Area Director in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Overall it's been excellent. Clear to see the company is very focused on more than just a profit. The support to help achieve success is outstanding. Really the only way not to succeed is to not care. Ramp up took longer and was harder than expected but it was really more about understanding the sales process from both sides. Pros: Lots of people to turn to if you need help, you just need to reach out. Pay is good. Resident and business success stories. It's great knowing the residents really value what we do and great to see businesses reap the benefits of a partnership.

Cons

Mentally it can be challenging at times when business owners don't understand what we do or how it will help. Most have a mentality towards marketing that if they spend a dollar today they want to generate 2 tomorrow. In addition the only questions they've learned to ask are how many homes, how many people. So it's really about educating business owners.

16 people found this review helpful
  6. 4.0
    Current Freelancer, more than 1 year

Cream Puff Gig for Motivated Self-Starters

Aug 22, 2017 - Appointment Setter in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great to work with awesome & diverse Area Directors. One-of-a-kind opportunity for women. Culture of encouraging community residents to come together as true neighborhoods is highly commended. Being provided a sales environment that is ethically comfortable is much appreciated. Compensation commensurate with my work ethic is greatly appreciated. Flexibility of being able to work wherever I am is just fabulous!

Cons

The only cons are related to the twists & turns of new beginnings which are usually solved by being flexible and rolling with the punches.

7. 5.0

My first 3 1/2 years at N2

Mar 13, 2017 - Area Director in Pacific Palisades, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I processed my first deadline for the March 2014 issue of my first pub and April 2016 of my second pub. As I have told many of my advertising partners; I have been in the publishing/advertising/marketing industry for over 25 years and the main reason I got back into the business is because N2 has built a better mouse trap. From the way they connect affluent residents with advertisers to the way they run the company and treat their team members. I have been involved in many start-ups and 'opportunities' with promises of great success. So I went into the N2 opportunity with skepticism and a good knowledge of publishing. Not only was the opportunity to make a very good living real, but the promises of autonomy, yet support was fulfilled. With any fast growing company there will be new areas to trailblazer. In EVERY case, in my experience, N2 did the right thing by their team members, even if it costs them more money. N2's support is the best I've seen. N2 delivers, to their Advertising partners, Residents and Team members. Pros of working at N2? N2's structure creates an opportunity to build the business you want. If you want to publish 6-7 pubs and make $500k a year or one pub and supplement your income by $4-6k a month, its up to you. In my time with N2, I have been through a couple of family challenges so my work level has varied. Whether I was working 50 hours a week to run and grow my business or 5 hours a week to maintain my business I always got support from N2 to succeed. The requirements to work with N2 are all expectations they have for you to succeed, not to watch over you and micro-manage your business. The support through one-on-one coaching, telephone conferences, regional conferences and national conferences all make you a better business owner.

Cons

Sometimes there is to much autonomy! When you work from your home and nobody is looking over your shoulder, its tempting to do non-work related activities. But the results of that is the impact on your business, so its your call.

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0

Fantastic Company

Sep 12, 2016 - Area Director in Apollo Beach, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I started with N2 in 2014 and have been publishing for over two years now. The concept is so incredible and I've been able to help so many businesses while providing very unique and interesting publications to the residents. I've just recently opened up my second publication in my own neighborhood. The power of connecting residents and telling their stories is unlike anything I have ever been involved in and I've been in advertising and marketing for over 30 years. The residents love it, the businesses are thrilled and it's just a win-win for everyone in the communities we serve. I love the flexibility of my schedule. It's a lot of work putting together two magazines but you get loads of help from corporate and I can pretty much set my own schedule and take time off when I want. You also have the opportunity to earn a great income. The more effort you put in, the more rewards you will reap. Need a little extra spending money, ok.....need to support a family....ok...it can all be achieved at the level you want.

Cons

It can be a heavy workload around deadline time trying to get it all together. Eventhough you have a great deal of flexibility in your schedule, you must adhere to strict deadlines...the printer doesn't wait!

7 people found this review helpful

The N2 Company Response

Director of Human Resources

So exciting that you're opening up a second publication. Congratulations! -Katherine

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

5 years with this company

May 24, 2018 - Franchise Owner in Reno, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Quality of life changed forever Work around my family needs controll of my pay and time work with great residents N2 supports the AD's with clients

Cons

must be able to work - you have to put in the work no one is doing it for you

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

SO IN LOVE WITH N2!!!!

Aug 5, 2014 - Area Director in Mercer Island, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I can set my own schedule and I have complete control over how much money I make. I can use my creativity to help produce a truly high quality, amazing publication that the residents love. The most incredible training program I have ever experienced and they continuously develop their team, I am constantly inspired. I can truly trust the leadership team. I can't remember ever thinking a company makes me want to be a better person, but this one truly does.

Cons

There's nothing I can really think of. Haven't found any yet.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Reviews

Popular Careers with The N2 Company Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at The N2 Company? Share Your Experiences

Company Updates

Logo

7 days ago

Company News
The N2 Company isn't your average magazine publisher. All of our products have something in common: They all aim to strengthen the communities they serve. To learn more about what all of our products offer,.
Shared image - About - The N2 Company
About - The N2 Company
www.n2co.com

The N2 Company Photos

+ Add Photo
The N2 Company photo of: Our monthly Home Office team meeting has turned into quite the production!
The N2 Company photo of: National conference is a great way to see how we've grown, since it brings everyone together in one room. 700+ strong.
The N2 Company photo of: Our Field Support staff exists to support our Area Directors with any questions they may have.
The N2 Company photo of: Residents enjoy reading N2 publications because it's about their neighbors. The magazine is a reflection of the community itself.
The N2 Company photo of: N2-ers enjoying a post Home Office Team Meeting social!
The N2 Company photo of: N2 Field Day -- where our leadership takes one for the team underneath the N2 Dump Tank. Every time the tank is released, we donate to fight human trafficking.
The N2 Company photo of: National conferences are our favorites because we get to catch up with team members from across the United States.