The N2 Company Employee Reviews about "work life balance"
66% would recommend to a friend
(38 total reviews)
90% approve of CEO
Found 38 of over 477 reviews
Updated Nov 30, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great people and the company works hard to train and develop individuals while giving them tools to succeed." (in 45 reviews)
- "Great culture!" (in 34 reviews)
- "The training and tools provided to help you become successful is outstanding." (in 33 reviews)
- "Create your own hours, success and failure is up to you, great company and leadership" (in 21 reviews)
- "Pros: Flexible schedule, explosive growth, niche market, untapped advertising categories and advertisers, strong support at all levels, and leadership team is responsive." (in 19 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of The N2 Company and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "work life balance"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Jun 16, 2016Graphic DesignerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearWilmington, NC
When I first think of N2 Publishing, I immediately think about the incredible people that make up this company. How hardworking, fun, creative, determined and genuine they are. I look forward to company meetings, office days and company events because of this very fact. They are beautiful people inside and out and really are the definition of a work family. Another benefit I value a lot is having our own work out classes everyday held at our office with our very own N2 Publishing Trainer. Because fitness is something I am passionate about, I can't put a price on being able to have time built into my work day to step away from my computer and focus on my health - and it's with the people that I love! So that is definitely a win win. Lastly, the opportunity I have to work from home as a graphic designer has several benefits. This allows for so much flexibility in my work hours and work location and allows balance between work and life. I am able to visit my family or spend time on my other passions as well because of this flexibility and N2's focus on strengthen the family while working diligently at your day job as well.
The only con I can even think of is as a graphic designer, all of our work is based on deadlines. We receive all the information to create a publication and might have three days to complete the design of it. However, within this deadline, a designer can have anywhere to three to six publications. So some days, this might mean a little longer hours - but you are working in the comfort of your own home and with incredible people around you. Everyone is a team player and pitches in to help so it helps to know you are all in it together!
- 5.0Aug 3, 2017Area DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsGroton Long Point, CT
I have been blessed to find this opportunity. N2 has changed my life. The people you work with are amazing, the income opportunity and comp plan are like no other. I would highly recommend N2 to anyone who wants to have flexibility and a strong income. Prose: * Work Life Balance * Flexibility * High Income Potential * Great support and leadership *Great product * Fun
None that I can think of.1
- 5.0Jul 19, 2016Area DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsIndianapolis, IN
Balance Residual income Cross selling Trade opportunities (I traded 25,000 for my wedding) Building community Freedom Team Work hard play hard mentality Endless opportunity Growth N2 has allowed me to to have a great work life balance. Being a mom and & business owner is not always an easy thing to balance. Because of N2 I can provide for my family and take the time I need to spend with them. I get the opportunity to provide value to not only the residents in our communities but our business partners as well through events. It's fun to connect people and watch relationships flourish and grow. I love capturing memories and love that we get to recognize and highlight a community and their accomplishments through their monthly publications.
Getting to print can take time but pushing hard through that process is exceptionally rewarding!!!6
- 5.0Aug 6, 2019UI User Experience DesignerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsWilmington, NC
- Work Life Balance - Growth Mindset and Opportunities To Make Impact Across Company - Focus on a Healthy Culture - New and Exciting Opportunities as Company Grows
- Solutions are sometimes driven by Sales Team - Communication throughout Company can seem divided
- 5.0Dec 22, 2016Area DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearMiami, FL
I started working with N2 Publishing in March of 2015. There were no publications in Miami at the time and it is not an easy market to work in. In 6 months I was already in print and making 5k+ in residual per month. There are 3 major areas of the business: sales, networking and gathering content from residents, and organizing small events. N2 completely prepares you to be successful in all of the different aspects of the business. There are 2 conference calls per week with amazing leaders / speakers that address several areas of the business. There are 3 major conferences per year that require a short distance of travel, but are very beneficial for improving your skills, attitude and understanding of the business. The first six months of working in the business are most likely going to revolve solely on sales. Once your publication is ready to go to print, you must balance sales, and networking / gathering content from residents, and organizing small events. It takes a few weeks / months to really get the hang of doing all those things at the same time, but it becomes increasingly easier the longer you are in the company. Over 800 people have been able to learn to balance these things and run a successful business. So that should tell you, that pretty much anyone can do it, if they are willing to follow the system that N2 has designed. By August of 2016 there were 3 publications in print in the Miami market (2 of which are mine), and I was making 12k+ plus per month in residual. The hardest part of N2 is managing your emotions and the ups and downs of sales (as in any sales job), as well as keeping your activity level up (as you do not have a boss breathing down your neck and making sure you are working). My work life balance is way better than a traditional 9-5 business. I have been able to take numerous vacations and spontaneous 3 day weekends with my family. I have 2 small children under 3 years old so although my life is quite busy, the lifestyle I can live with N2 is truly unparalleled. If you can handle sales, and are a people person that connects well with individuals, this could be an amazing job for you. Pros of working at N2? - Support and mentoring from incredible leaders. - Ability to make great income working 40 or less hours per week. - Flexibility in schedule. - Owning your own business that you can sell at a later date. - Plenty of opportunities to move up in management. - N2 invests in helping their employees grow in their personal lives.
- Must be willing to be humble and follow the N2 program, even if you think you could come up with a better system. - You will have to learn to manage the roller-coaster of emotions that surround a sales job that is 100% commission. - You will have to learn to be organized and manage several unrelated tasks at the same time. - You will have to learn how to have faith that if you do the work, the results will come.47
- 5.0May 21, 2018Area DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsColleyville, TX
Work / Family Life balance Freedom over your schedule Great training!
No pay until your publication launches3
- 5.0Apr 30, 2023Talent Acquisition SpecialistFormer Employee, more than 1 yearWilmington, NC
Work life balance is great
hard to move up the ladder within the companyThe N2 Company Response7mo
Hi there. We're so glad you're enjoying your work-life balance at N2! It's definitely a top highlight for many of our team members. We're always glad to hear candid feedback and concerns from our people, including your note about the opportunity for promotion. We encourage you to speak with your leader about what you'd like to see in your future at N2, and keep in mind we're always seeking to promote from within even inter-departmentally (if any of our future openings interest you). Thanks for your review!
- 5.0Aug 17, 2017Area DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsManchester, NH
I've enjoyed owning my own N2 franchise over the past few years. I love the work/home balance and flexibility (being around for my family), as well as the opportunity to meet my income goals. The company's region directors and coaches provide the appropriate level of accountability and support for people who are new to sales. Pros: - Flexibility to make your own schedule and have a fantastic work/life balance - Unlimited income opportunity - Ability to expand with additional publications once you achieve a profitability level - Weekly training conference calls to 'sharpen the ax' and constantly improve - National conferences, regional training meetings, regional teams collaborate over instant messaging - all of these help to prevent Area Directors from feeling alone and help them to improve and create relationships within the company - If you just follow the N2 program and stay faithful to it over the long haul, you will succeed
- As with any entrepreneurship and sales position, it is a grind with a lot of rejection - It can be difficult to sustain a high level of consistent activity, which is required to succeed - 100% commission structure - commissions vary month to month and can dip a lot during renewal cycles - This is a 1099 independent contractor position, so no benefits2
- 5.0Sep 13, 2021Sales Area DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsAlpharetta, GA
Ownership Culture Relationship building with the community Work Life Balance Christian
They don't provide Health, Life or Benefits
- 5.0May 10, 2018Area DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsCharleston, SC
Work life balance is a positive aspect of this company
Ramping up a publication can be challenging1The N2 Company Response6y
Thank you for sharing about your experience!