KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

The N2 Company Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Sep 13, 2021

Found 36 of over 442 reviews

4.5
The N2 Company CEO Duane Hixon
Duane Hixon

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "At my time of employment, there were no benefits offered to employees as you basically operated independent of corporate.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Low pay and lots of change(in 8 reviews)
  • "100% commission.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of The N2 Company and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Graphic Designer

Jun 16, 2016 - Graphic Designer in Wilmington, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

When I first think of N2 Publishing, I immediately think about the incredible people that make up this company. How hardworking, fun, creative, determined and genuine they are. I look forward to company meetings, office days and company events because of this very fact. They are beautiful people inside and out and really are the definition of a work family. Another benefit I value a lot is having our own work out classes everyday held at our office with our very own N2 Publishing Trainer. Because fitness is something I am passionate about, I can't put a price on being able to have time built into my work day to step away from my computer and focus on my health - and it's with the people that I love! So that is definitely a win win. Lastly, the opportunity I have to work from home as a graphic designer has several benefits. This allows for so much flexibility in my work hours and work location and allows balance between work and life. I am able to visit my family or spend time on my other passions as well because of this flexibility and N2's focus on strengthen the family while working diligently at your day job as well.

Cons

The only con I can even think of is as a graphic designer, all of our work is based on deadlines. We receive all the information to create a publication and might have three days to complete the design of it. However, within this deadline, a designer can have anywhere to three to six publications. So some days, this might mean a little longer hours - but you are working in the comfort of your own home and with incredible people around you. Everyone is a team player and pitches in to help so it helps to know you are all in it together!

2. 5.0

Outstanding Work Environment

Aug 3, 2017 - Area Director in Groton Long Point, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been blessed to find this opportunity. N2 has changed my life. The people you work with are amazing, the income opportunity and comp plan are like no other. I would highly recommend N2 to anyone who wants to have flexibility and a strong income. Prose: * Work Life Balance * Flexibility * High Income Potential * Great support and leadership *Great product * Fun

Cons

None that I can think of.

3. 5.0

Work life balance

Jul 19, 2016 - Area Director in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Balance Residual income Cross selling Trade opportunities (I traded 25,000 for my wedding) Building community Freedom Team Work hard play hard mentality Endless opportunity Growth N2 has allowed me to to have a great work life balance. Being a mom and & business owner is not always an easy thing to balance. Because of N2 I can provide for my family and take the time I need to spend with them. I get the opportunity to provide value to not only the residents in our communities but our business partners as well through events. It's fun to connect people and watch relationships flourish and grow. I love capturing memories and love that we get to recognize and highlight a community and their accomplishments through their monthly publications.

Cons

Getting to print can take time but pushing hard through that process is exceptionally rewarding!!!

6 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

13 Years at N2 and I have never been more excited

Aug 6, 2019 - UI User Experience Designer in Wilmington, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Work Life Balance - Growth Mindset and Opportunities To Make Impact Across Company - Focus on a Healthy Culture - New and Exciting Opportunities as Company Grows

Cons

- Solutions are sometimes driven by Sales Team - Communication throughout Company can seem divided

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing Company!

Jun 7, 2019 - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Wilmington, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

From day one my manager and coworkers mentored me and continued to encourage me to grow. N2 Publishing has official mentors for almost every employee, and every employee has the ability to walk down the hall and talk with the executive team when an issue is presented. There are few companies with over 1,000 employees that have this type of culture. With N2 Publishing work life balance is REAL. N2 just doesn't make empty promises they deliver what they promise. This is one of the best companies for an individual to be a part of.

Cons

The only con that I could possibly think of is as follows. When you are surrounded by the highest level of talent you push yourself harder than expected and longer than expected. After months of this you can become tired and worn. If you do not ask for time N2 expects you to be able to preform. But as I mentioned earlier work life balance exists here. So have the self awareness to ask for some time and rejuvenate.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Incredible Company With Incredible Leaders

Dec 22, 2016 - Area Director in Miami, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I started working with N2 Publishing in March of 2015. There were no publications in Miami at the time and it is not an easy market to work in. In 6 months I was already in print and making 5k+ in residual per month. There are 3 major areas of the business: sales, networking and gathering content from residents, and organizing small events. N2 completely prepares you to be successful in all of the different aspects of the business. There are 2 conference calls per week with amazing leaders / speakers that address several areas of the business. There are 3 major conferences per year that require a short distance of travel, but are very beneficial for improving your skills, attitude and understanding of the business. The first six months of working in the business are most likely going to revolve solely on sales. Once your publication is ready to go to print, you must balance sales, and networking / gathering content from residents, and organizing small events. It takes a few weeks / months to really get the hang of doing all those things at the same time, but it becomes increasingly easier the longer you are in the company. Over 800 people have been able to learn to balance these things and run a successful business. So that should tell you, that pretty much anyone can do it, if they are willing to follow the system that N2 has designed. By August of 2016 there were 3 publications in print in the Miami market (2 of which are mine), and I was making 12k+ plus per month in residual. The hardest part of N2 is managing your emotions and the ups and downs of sales (as in any sales job), as well as keeping your activity level up (as you do not have a boss breathing down your neck and making sure you are working). My work life balance is way better than a traditional 9-5 business. I have been able to take numerous vacations and spontaneous 3 day weekends with my family. I have 2 small children under 3 years old so although my life is quite busy, the lifestyle I can live with N2 is truly unparalleled. If you can handle sales, and are a people person that connects well with individuals, this could be an amazing job for you. Pros of working at N2? - Support and mentoring from incredible leaders. - Ability to make great income working 40 or less hours per week. - Flexibility in schedule. - Owning your own business that you can sell at a later date. - Plenty of opportunities to move up in management. - N2 invests in helping their employees grow in their personal lives.

Cons

- Must be willing to be humble and follow the N2 program, even if you think you could come up with a better system. - You will have to learn to manage the roller-coaster of emotions that surround a sales job that is 100% commission. - You will have to learn to be organized and manage several unrelated tasks at the same time. - You will have to learn how to have faith that if you do the work, the results will come.

47 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0

Area Director

May 21, 2018 - Area Director in Colleyville, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work / Family Life balance Freedom over your schedule Great training!

Cons

No pay until your publication launches

3 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Wonderful opportunity at a great company

Aug 17, 2017 - Area Director in Manchester, NH
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've enjoyed owning my own N2 franchise over the past few years. I love the work/home balance and flexibility (being around for my family), as well as the opportunity to meet my income goals. The company's region directors and coaches provide the appropriate level of accountability and support for people who are new to sales. Pros: - Flexibility to make your own schedule and have a fantastic work/life balance - Unlimited income opportunity - Ability to expand with additional publications once you achieve a profitability level - Weekly training conference calls to 'sharpen the ax' and constantly improve - National conferences, regional training meetings, regional teams collaborate over instant messaging - all of these help to prevent Area Directors from feeling alone and help them to improve and create relationships within the company - If you just follow the N2 program and stay faithful to it over the long haul, you will succeed

Cons

- As with any entrepreneurship and sales position, it is a grind with a lot of rejection - It can be difficult to sustain a high level of consistent activity, which is required to succeed - 100% commission structure - commissions vary month to month and can dip a lot during renewal cycles - This is a 1099 independent contractor position, so no benefits

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0

Sales Area Director

Sep 13, 2021 - Sales Area Director in Alpharetta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ownership Culture Relationship building with the community Work Life Balance Christian

Cons

They don't provide Health, Life or Benefits

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company with innovative program

May 10, 2018 - Area Director in Bhāvnagar
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance is a positive aspect of this company

Cons

Ramping up a publication can be challenging

The N2 Company Response

Content Strategist

Thank you for sharing about your experience!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 36 Reviews

Popular Careers with The N2 Company Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at The N2 Company? Share Your Experiences

Company Updates

Logo

1 days ago

Company News
The N2 Company isn't your average magazine publisher. All of our products have something in common: They all aim to strengthen the communities they serve. To learn more about what all of our products offer,.
Shared image - About - The N2 Company
About - The N2 Company
www.n2co.com

The N2 Company Photos

+ Add Photo
The N2 Company photo of: Our monthly Home Office team meeting has turned into quite the production!
The N2 Company photo of: National conference is a great way to see how we've grown, since it brings everyone together in one room. 700+ strong.
The N2 Company photo of: Our Field Support staff exists to support our Area Directors with any questions they may have.
The N2 Company photo of: Residents enjoy reading N2 publications because it's about their neighbors. The magazine is a reflection of the community itself.
The N2 Company photo of: N2-ers enjoying a post Home Office Team Meeting social!
The N2 Company photo of: N2 Field Day -- where our leadership takes one for the team underneath the N2 Dump Tank. Every time the tank is released, we donate to fight human trafficking.
The N2 Company photo of: National conferences are our favorites because we get to catch up with team members from across the United States.