The Nature Conservancy Reviews

Found 432 of over 564 reviews

4.3
The Nature Conservancy CEO Jennifer Morris
Jennifer Morris
Pros
  • "They encourage work life balance and career development(in 50 reviews)

• "Great conservation organization dedicated to land management(in 43 reviews)

• Cons
  • "People supporting day-to-day operations can feel very far removed from the conservation work on the ground(in 15 reviews)

• "efforts to foster work-life balance)(in 14 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Global Environmental NGO

May 20, 2021 - Chief Scientist/Director of Science in Duluth, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

TNC offers great benefits, has an outstanding mission and solid organizational values. They take pride in their ethical standards and are committed to "living their values."

Cons

Like many environmental NGOs, TNC is working on becoming a more diverse and inclusive organization, but it is early on this journey.

Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're so happy to hear that your enjoying your career with TNC and value our commitment to living our values and diversity. TNC has focused on the importance of how we work is as important as what work we do. Our GDEI team aims to develop our staff's cultural competencies and build on our DEI foundation across the globe. We appreciate your positive feedback.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Competent and compassionate staff

May 12, 2021 - Donor Relations Manager in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working with experts, passionate and dedicated staff, helpful coworkers, compassionate management

Cons

Can be silos with each state/country having separate operating units with overall efforts at the national and international level as well

Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're excited to hear that you're enjoying your career at TNC and enjoy working with supportive colleagues. TNC values working as one conservancy because collaborative efforts are essential to our success. We also recognize that our global organization is decentralized with multiple business units across the world. We appreciate your input and welcome any additional feedback.

3. 3.0
      Former Employee

Good

Jun 14, 2021 - Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

Helpful and I liked my coworkers

Cons

Didn’t pay me at all

4. 4.0

Nice

Jun 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great mission, lots of employees

Cons

Large organization, HQ separation from local offices

Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you enjoyed your experience working at TNC! Feel free to contact us with any additional feedback.

5. 3.0

Ok

Jun 3, 2021 - Program Coordinator II in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

The work is often rewarding

Cons

The executive leadership not good

Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're happy to hear that you feel rewarded in the work you do! Our people are the core of our work and we truly value the dedication to our mission. We would like to hear more about your experience and discuss your concerns about leadership. Please contact us at recruiting@tnc.org.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great people devoted to mission

May 4, 2021 - Marketing Assistant in Arlington, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance, commitment to mission

Cons

Hiring process is slow, some teams are understaffed

Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We’re pleased to hear that you feel supported in your work life balance. How we work is as important to as what work we do. In the past months we’ve updated our recruiting procedures to improve hiring speed and invested in resources for additional recruiting support. We appreciate your input and welcome any additional feedback.

7. 5.0

great place

Apr 29, 2021 - Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in Bowie, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

great company to work at

Cons

nothing but good things to say

Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you're enjoying your experience here. Please email us at recruiting@tnc.org with any further feedback.

8. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Apr 9, 2021 - Director in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Cause, Plenty of Influence, Motivated Team

Cons

Somewhat hierarchical structure and limited ability to respond quickly to external opportunities. Career advancement opportunities can be limited.

Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We’re happy to hear that you are motivated by our mission. TNC has recruiting policies to ensure a culture that’s committed to promoting from within. It’s important to us as an organization that our employees have sufficient time acknowledge opportunities. Please contact us at recruiting@tnc.org as we would like to hear more about your experience and ways to improve.

9. 2.0
      Former Employee

Good mission does not equal great culture

Jan 11, 2021 - Communications
      Business Outlook

Pros

Large organization that has influence and resources, some really good people who care about conservation, good pay and benefits compared to other nonprofits

Cons

Extremely risk averse which can lead to paralysis when it comes to moving new initiatives forward, not open to new ideas or challenging status quo, behind the curve in addressing equity issues for BIPOC and women staff, ineffective managers abound yet have too much control, favoritism culture, very limited upward mobility, doesn’t address issues brought to leadership

Continue reading

Manager, Talent Acquisition Operations

Thanks for writing your review. We’re passionate about strengthening our culture and and living our values of Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. We may not be where we want to be as an organization yet and acknowledge this is a time of growth. Please contact us directly at recruiting@tnc.org so that we can learn more about your experience.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work, great culture, great mission

Apr 9, 2021 - Fundraiser
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance, great people to work with

Cons

Haven’t found any cons yet

Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're very happy to hear your enjoying your experience at here! TNC values work-life balance and it's great to hear that you feel supported in your workplace. If you have any additional feedback, please email us at recruiting@tnc.org.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 432 Reviews