The Nook Daycare Lead Teacher Reviews

Updated Jan 16, 2021

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Working at The Nook Daycare

Sep 25, 2019 - Teacher in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working at the Nook for a year and a half. I would recommend the Nook to others because we work together as a team and we have great communication with each other. Working at the Nook is a great experience for me because I am always ready to come to work everyday! The families I work with are amazing and it is a joy to be able to work with their child!

Cons

None that I can think off!

2. 3.0
    Current Employee

Good if you're managements favorite

Jan 16, 2021 - Lead Teacher in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities for growth within the company

Cons

A lot of favoritism and you will get treated differently if you're not friends with management. If you're friends with people, your work will be acknowledged but if you're not, nobody will acknowledge you or help you. It's easy to tell when you're being treated differently

Continue reading
  3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Lead teacher

Dec 14, 2020 - Lead Teacher in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule when needed, helps those to obtain a cda if not teacher qualified, give knowledgeable trainings

Cons

Raises are cents compare to the hard work, teacher to children ratio are terrible, unable to receive much supplies for class.

4. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Terrible Management

Aug 11, 2019 - Substitute Teacher in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

There’s no pros, it’s a dungeon for kids

Cons

The teachers are required to work 11 hour shifts so they’re always moody. The hour long break they get they use it to nap! That and the fact that kids are kept in constant darkness (lights off and curtains drawn all day long) were some of the reasons why I decided not to continue to work there. Came to realization that I was never paid for my time “training”, when in reality they take away 6 hours of your life to do the work that their teachers are too tired or too grumpy to do.

Continue reading