KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Updated May 17, 2022

Found 12 of over 12 reviews

4.1

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The Nook is a great place to work and the staffs are awesome(in 3 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Awesome work place!

May 17, 2022 - Director in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Here at The Nook West Town you are treated like more than just an employee, you gain a family. This is center is smaller compared to the other Nooks, so it provides more individualized learning experiences for everyone. The staff are so welcoming to everyone. There is a lot of opportunities to grow and learn. You have so much support from upper management and from co-workers. We also have monthly culture activities that are fun and provide a time for us to get to know our co-workers outside of the work place. There are always fun things management does for all of us. We have a new Kuddos program that holds many benefits for employees. I totally recommend this work place for anyone with a passion for working with chidden. I love coming to work; the staff, children, and families are fantastic.

Cons

None, work place is amazing!

Continue reading
  2. 5.0
    Former Employee

👍

Feb 24, 2022 - Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

A good place to work

Cons

I’ve worked much worse places

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

The best !

Aug 24, 2021 - Assistant Teacher in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I definitely recommend The Nook to everyone! I love it here. I started as a breaker, moved up to an assistant teacher and now working to get my cda and become a lead teacher. This place isn't just my work place it is also my second home. My coworkers aren't just my coworkers ,We Are a big family. Here at the nook we help each other out if help is needed , we have amazing communication skills between us and also with our nook parents, we also care for one another , and our love for children is amazing . Each and everyone of the kiddos that come in have a place in our hearts. I honestly think one of my favorite things about the nook is having the pleasure of watching them learn and grow everyday ❤

Cons

No cons! It's a great place.

4. 2.0

Not great

Jan 6, 2022 - Lead Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

Most of the families drawn to the Nook are wonderful and working with the kids is a blast.

Cons

Badly managed. They don't know how to manage conflict with employees leading to stress in the team/lack of respect for management. Also definitely not paid enough for the amount of work and effort they expect you to put into the job. The raises are nonexistent.

5. 5.0

Educator

Sep 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great teachers love children Creative environment Friendly staff

Cons

No complaints staff has been trying.

6. 3.0
    Current Employee

Good if you're managements favorite

Jan 16, 2021 - Lead Teacher in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities for growth within the company

Cons

A lot of favoritism and you will get treated differently if you're not friends with management. If you're friends with people, your work will be acknowledged but if you're not, nobody will acknowledge you or help you. It's easy to tell when you're being treated differently

Continue reading
  7. 3.0

Lead teacher

Dec 14, 2020 - Lead Teacher in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule when needed, helps those to obtain a cda if not teacher qualified, give knowledgeable trainings

Cons

Raises are cents compare to the hard work, teacher to children ratio are terrible, unable to receive much supplies for class.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Feel Apart of the Family!

Oct 14, 2019 - Assistant Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

I moved to Chicago about 6 months ago, and I couldn't be more welcomed and feel at home. The Nook welcomed me with open arms, have been more than helpful, and are some of the nicest people I know. I am so happy to come to work every day because I work with girls who genuinely care about their kiddos and a Director who you can tell loves what she does and wants nothing but the best for her school!

Cons

I have no cons to say!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Working at The Nook Daycare

Sep 25, 2019 - Teacher in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working at the Nook for a year and a half. I would recommend the Nook to others because we work together as a team and we have great communication with each other. Working at the Nook is a great experience for me because I am always ready to come to work everyday! The families I work with are amazing and it is a joy to be able to work with their child!

Cons

None that I can think off!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place to Work!

Sep 30, 2019 - Assistant Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working at the Nook for over two years and I’ve enjoyed every minute of it! Jasmin (the Director) has been amazing at what she has done for this school and creating a fun safe environment for the children and staff! The Nook is a great place to work and the staffs are awesome - great teamwork!

Cons

None that I can think of!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Reviews