The Nook Daycare Reviews

Updated Oct 14, 2019

4.2
  1. "Feel Apart of the Family!"

Current Employee - Assistant Director

I have been working at The Nook Daycare full-time for less than a year

Pros

I moved to Chicago about 6 months ago, and I couldn't be more welcomed and feel at home. The Nook welcomed me with open arms, have been more than helpful, and are some of the nicest people I know. I am so happy to come to work every day because I work with girls who genuinely care about their kiddos and a Director who you can tell loves what she does and wants nothing but the best for her school!

Cons

I have no cons to say!

2. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Assistant Director

I have been working at The Nook Daycare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been working at the Nook for over two years and I’ve enjoyed every minute of it! Jasmin (the Director) has been amazing at what she has done for this school and creating a fun safe environment for the children and staff! The Nook is a great place to work and the staffs are awesome - great teamwork!

Cons

None that I can think of!

3. "Working at The Nook Daycare"

Current Employee - Teacher in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The Nook Daycare full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been working at the Nook for a year and a half. I would recommend the Nook to others because we work together as a team and we have great communication with each other. Working at the Nook is a great experience for me because I am always ready to come to work everyday! The families I work with are amazing and it is a joy to be able to work with their child!

Cons

None that I can think off!

4. "Terrible Management"

1.0
    Former Employee - Substitute Teacher in Chicago, IL

I worked at The Nook Daycare part-time for less than a year

Pros

There’s no pros, it’s a dungeon for kids

Cons

The teachers are required to work 11 hour shifts so they’re always moody. The hour long break they get they use it to nap! That and the fact that kids are kept in constant darkness (lights off and curtains drawn all day long) were some of the reasons why I decided not to continue to work there. Came to realization that I was never paid for my time “training”, when in reality they take away 6 hours of your life to do the work that their teachers are too tired or too grumpy to do.

Continue reading
  5. "Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The Nook Daycare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Value your opinions and live by a high standard. Work/life balance is valued.

Cons

None that I can think

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 5 reviews