The Novo Group Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Consultant in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at The Novo Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Growing company with opportunities in delivery, management and sales.
    - Methodical project delivery with room for flexibility.
    - Talented consultants and leads, most of which are career human capital/TA experts.

Cons

- No 401K match

Advice to Management

Collaborate with team members on how to continue improving each pillars work-flow.

2. "Lead Recruiter"

Current Employee - Lead Recruiter in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Lead Recruiter in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at The Novo Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture and leadership team. Involved, hands on and transparent.
    Not a micro- managed environment!
    Growing and tons of opportunity.
    Promote hard workers- give more responsibility
    great offerings for businesses in need of recruiting, research and sourcing, project based recruiting and executive search.
    Some of the best people I have worked with in my career--smart, hardworking, willing to help each other out. Says it all about the leadership and culture!

Cons

Been with the company 3 months, no cons at this time. Looking forward to learning all I can to advance.

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work and great hiring! CEO is involved and a go-getter- she's building Novo along with the exec. team! Inspiring and motivating.

3. "Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Wauwatosa, WI
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Wauwatosa, WI

I worked at The Novo Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Got great experience there-culture great until former CEO left

Cons

Floundering in the marketplace to distinguish from competition

The Novo Group Response

Dec 21, 2016 – Novo Group, Inc.

Thank you for your post, we are always looking for insight on how Novo is doing. The past eighteen months has been a whirlwind of new culture initiatives and service offerings to help us compete in ... More

"I felt mislead"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at The Novo Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I left the company.

Cons

When I first started at this company, I was told by the hiring manager that I would be working as a Recruiting Consultant. I really looked forward to this because I really wanted to advance my career from what I was doing . However, when i started, I was asked to work instead as a coordinator ...which is NOT what I agreed to do. Essentially, I was doing work that an admin or a good scheduling software could do. I felt like my career and development wasn't being taken seriously.

Other things:
    -Lack of diversity despite being headquartered in Milwaukee, Chicago, and St. Lous
    -Client I was working with was very difficult
    -Management didn't care about my career needs

In the end, I only stayed with the company for five months and decided to leave. I was beyond frustrated with the company and couldn't see myself being there longer than a year. When I felt I told my manager all these things but I doubt they have made any improvement.

If you vaule career growth and diveristy...then don't work at Novo.

Advice to Management

Don't offer employees one job and then when they start have them do another job. I didn't leave my job as a recruiter to work as a coordinator. Be truthful!

The Novo Group Response

Nov 16, 2016 – Novo Group, Inc.

Our intention was not to mislead you. Unfortunately, the job title and description in which you were hired under did not clearly reflect the work required to be done day to day. The job title has ... More

"Managing Director"

Current Employee - Managing Director in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Managing Director in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at The Novo Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Novo Group has recently re-strategized its business goals and practice offerings to become more competitive in the marketplace. Novo's new CEO and executive team bring a fresh, innovative perspective and positive culture to the organization. There are plenty of opportunities for an employee to move up within the company, and Novo is committed to providing a flexible work-life balance, offering a fantastic PTO plan and work-from-home options. The people at Novo are all very passionate about the organization and excited about the positive changes occurring. Now it a great time to be part of the company.

Cons

As with every company strategy re-alignment, growing pains happen. While Novo is headed in the right direction to best support our clients and employees, Novo is in rapid growth mode, and there are a couple executives with too many projects on their plates right now and are stretched very thin.

Advice to Management

Hire a talented Director of Sales who can help us grow our territories and support revenue generation

6. "Excited and confident in Novo's direction"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

Flexibility, Transparency, Career Development Opportunities, Ability to make an impact

Cons

There is the natural trade-off in benefits between small and large companies. Novo does not offer a 401K match, for example, but offers outstanding flexibility and a generous PTO package.

7. "A Great Place to Grow"

Current Employee - Sourcing & Research Manager in Mount Vernon, OH
    Current Employee - Sourcing & Research Manager in Mount Vernon, OH

I have been working at The Novo Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I came to Novo Group over 2 years ago with an advanced skillset in Sourcing & Research. I fell in love with the fact that Novo cared about quality with their clients, work/life balance for their employees, and that they also have built sourcing and research in as a valuable part of their model. When I first started, I was immediately given the opportunity to make an impact on clients and get involved in projects that were outside of my initial job description. I sought out those opportunities as I was at a mature part of my career path, and they have responded with giving me additional opportunities. Novo has been an amazing place for me to grow, and I am continually developing in my new management position. They have new leadership with an incredible vision. The best part? Through all of the growth and recent transition, they have not stopped caring about quality delivery for their clients and career growth for their employees. Bright things ahead!

Cons

Change in the workplace is never easy, and Novo has experienced a change of leadership within the past year. That was not easy for everyone. Change requires a career maturity and willingness to push through a season of being uncomfortable. As someone who has journeyed with Novo through this process, I can tell you that tell you that it has helped me grow in my career, and I am glad I stayed to experience it. Change was a "con" for Novo in the midst of it, but has now resulted in being considered a "pro."

Advice to Management

In the midst of all the growth, be sure to never lose the quality client delivery, and the focus on your employees.

8. "Strategic, thought leadership is at the helm of this company."

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Tyler, TX
    Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Tyler, TX

I have been working at The Novo Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Driven by a highly energetic executive and leadership team, Novo Group, Inc. is focused on going places in 2016 and years to come.

The leaders are the go-to people in their field of expertise. They are trusted sources who move and inspire people with innovative ideas, turn ideas into reality, and know and show how to replicate their success.

Cons

If you are not excited by strategic change management or thought leadership, Novo Group, Inc. is not the right company for you.

"Novo is not for talented and ambitious recruiters"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at The Novo Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It once had a great culture. Flexibility is their biggest reason why people join the organization

Cons

Novo is not a place for someone who can stand on their own, or whose opinions differ from those of the management. Your growth potential, unfortunately, depends on how much you are liked by the Managers and your commitment to doing things their way. It all seems picture-perfect when you first start, but soon enough you realize that Novo is like a high school where if you are not “in” with the cool kids, you will not go far. They will hold you back, and all your potential will not be fully utilized. Frequently, you will be encouraged to share your ideas and concepts, but then you soon realize it is to your own detriment if it contrasts from the views of management.

Politics and favoritism play a huge role at Novo. There was a running joke that you must drink the “cool-aid” in order to be promoted/successful, and it really proved to be true in most cases. Managers are often not aware of actual issues and problems, and when brought to their attention, they would rather avoid them than deal with them. Chicago office was filled with top-talent recruiters at one time, and without any managers in that office, we were all repeatedly neglected and our concerns went unnoticed. While all this may seem like an overstatement, be assured that all this has been validated recently by a mass exodus of their best recruiters, especially in the Chicago office. There has been at least an 80% turnover in Chicago. And even now, it is not discussed or dealt with, but rather pushed aside. Denial runs through Novo even at this crucial time.

If you are a talented recruiter who is looking for a great culture where talent is appreciated, success is recognized and career growth given to those deserving, Novo is probably not the place for you.

Dec 21, 2015 – Marketing Director

Novo has gone through a lot of transformation since Kelly Renz, CEO, started in August of 2015. Our culture is changing, our practice offerings are expanding and there is amazing opportunities for ... More

"Great opportunity, work/life balance, fun employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at The Novo Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Novo Group is a talent recruitment company with multiple service offerings to suit customer's needs. Management cares deeply about finding the right fit of employee for the roles they fill internally as well as externally for our clients.

Great Opportunity
    Novo took a chance on me like they have for many other employees starting in their careers by giving an opportunity to come in and make an impact. As I became more comfortable in my role, I let management know that I was interested in moving forward in my career. Not only did they support me, they gave me the coaching and opportunity i needed to advance and grow.

Work/Life Balance
    The Novo Group gives a flexible work schedule and even offers some employees a work from home day each week. Even further than that, management understands the needs of employee's families and is willing to be flexible when needed.

Fun Employees
    As I mentioned, Novo works hard to ensure that employees that are hired are the right fit and create a collaborative work environment. This creates friendships that go beyond the work day, and the fun activities help build camaraderie.

I have enjoyed my time with Novo, and feel that my career is finally on the right track!

Cons

Recent change to the CEO has created some turnover among recruiters. Although this has been a transition period it has created opportunity for recruiters to step up into higher roles with clients.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in current employees and give opportunity for growth when earned. You have a strong group of smart and creative employees when it comes to finding solutions for clients, give them the tools they need and see the magic happen!