The Oakleaf Group Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

The Oakleaf Group Consultant Reviews

Consultant

2.8
Chris Milner

1. "Fast Growing Company"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at The Oakleaf Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a fast growing company with over 50 people. It's now a full fledge consulting firm where hiring is occuring weekly due to the great work that is going on. I'm new and started recently and this is what my pulse of the firm is now.

Management can be quite busy but they try hard and are dedicated to improvement. this firm has a lot of growth and opportunities ahead of it and if you like a small company growing to a mid-size feel and like to tackle challenges and help them figure out opportunities then you will be in a great place.

Cons

I can understand the feeling others have that it is a "staffing firm" But hey, it's a small company that's working real hard to grow and is.

If you like the big corporation feel with all the departments and bureacracy, this type of environment may not be for you

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work in winning more contracts and opportunities but continue to focus on employee engagement and development.

The Oakleaf Group Response

Jan 20, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your posting, we appreciate both your kind words and your recommendations for us as we continue to grow. Sorry for the delay in responding – with our new management, engaging with our ... More

"Oakleaf"

Current Employee - Core Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Core Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at The Oakleaf Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation is good; Work/life balance is good for some; terrible for others. Colleagues are bright and hard-working.

Cons

I've been at Oakleaf for more than 3 years. Recently, I have had to keep my resume updated, because I am not sure if I might get laid off when my project ends like everyone else. Management egos get in the way of real work. Fannie and Freddie nepotism is rampant. The company is struggling because there is absolutely no continuity or consistency. Very high turnover, people keep leaving.

The Oakleaf Group Response

Jan 20, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

We appreciate your posting, and hope that you have continued your journey with The Oakleaf Group, despite your reservations. We should have responded sooner: we’ve grown and changed a lot since you ... More