The Oakleaf Group Reviews | Glassdoor

"Disappointed"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at The Oakleaf Group full-time

Pros

The president seems like a nice guy who cares about his business, and he's very knowledgeable about the industry.
    The pay is good and this is one of the few companies who will take you as a W2, 1099 or corp-to-corp. The recruiter has control, and you can negotiate basically anything with him.
    If you do a good job for your client, there's a lot of opportunity to work long term or even get hired on there.
    A lot of good coworkers who know how to be consultants.

Cons

No one in management cares about the employees. It's a really small company, and yet they can't even seem to get my name right. Ever. There's no engagement from management (what little management there is), and no respect.
    Management does not follow through on promises, suggestions, etc.
    No W2 last time around (still waiting this time), and no HR department to fix it. No real internal structure.
    There's a lot of turnover. Most of the really good people leave or get let go.

Advice to Management

You're not a consulting firm, but pretty good as a staffing/temp agency. Develop a business model as a staffing company, and you won't have to address a lot of the issues you have right now as a wannabe consulting firm, because expectations are so much different/lower from an temp agency than an employer.

The Oakleaf Group Response

Jan 20, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. Sorry we did not respond earlier – we should have, and will do better in the future. We appreciate the great things you had to say about our team, as we are trying hard ... More

"Very disappointing..."

Pros

They allow for great flexibility and control.

Cons

There is no business model. Management considers itself a consulting firm, when it really is a staffing firm.

Advice to Management

Choose a focus for the company and stick with it. You can't be everything to all people.

The Oakleaf Group Response

Jan 20, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for posting, and sorry for the delay in responding. Even though it’s been a while, we wanted to get back to you and let you know that we appreciated your taking the time to leave a review ... More