Found 4,534 of over 5K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Teachers
Got a burning question about The Ohio State University? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with The Ohio State University employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The benefits are great and the easy collection of paid off hours were the best I ever experienced at a job." (in 375 reviews)
- "So many great people and resources" (in 219 reviews)
- "Great for students and flexible hours." (in 188 reviews)
- "Great work environment and labs" (in 81 reviews)
- "Great coworkers and a fun time" (in 75 reviews)
- "The pay is low but at least you're not going into debt for it." (in 363 reviews)
- "low salary and slow increase in salary" (in 131 reviews)
- "Parking is expensive ($750 per year) if you work on main campus." (in 102 reviews)
- "Management is bad." (in 80 reviews)
- "There is no real formal training when on the floor." (in 22 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of The Ohio State University and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 5.0Sep 22, 2023Graduate Research AssistantCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearColumbus, OH
You get paid well and partial tuition fees is also waived
Sometimes it is hectic to concentrate both on research as well as academics
- 5.0Sep 11, 2023Assistant Hall DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearColumbus, OH
-Includes housing (fully furnished apartment) -Scarlet 14 meal plan provided -Covers the cost of attendance for the duration of your graduate studies -Provides opportunity to supervise and advise undergraduate students -You do not have to be studying a specific field to hold this assistantship, but most AHDs are pursuing a career in Higher Education and Student Affairs
-Being on-call 2 weeks per semester. Some incidents can be difficult to manage, but you’re always supported by Assistant Directors on call when needed -Difficult work/life/academic balance -Does not include parking pass, which is expensive on campus
The Ohio State University Reviews FAQs
The Ohio State University has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 4,852 reviews left anonymously by employees. 81% of employees would recommend working at The Ohio State University to a friend and 66% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
81% of The Ohio State University employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated The Ohio State University 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.