The Palmer Group (Ohio) Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 23, 2017

2.0
Mary Jane Palmer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Took four months to get a call back but once I changed representatives I got a job in a matter of days."

Current Employee - Loan Servicing Specialist in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Loan Servicing Specialist in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at The Palmer Group (Ohio) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly, professional, beautiful office, quick response to questions

Cons

little contact with contract employees after the job has started - out of sight out of mind kind of feeling

Advice to Management

show more appreciation to your contract employees

2. "Learned the hard way"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

I have been working at The Palmer Group (Ohio) (Less than a year)

Pros

Beautiful office convenient to get to

Cons

I worked with The Palmer Group twice while working on my Masters and again after I left my last position due to the commute. The second time I was a contract employee for a large banking institution as I was the first time. I did not get much feedback and felt neglected. I worked for Palmer contracting without being hired for 9 months and on a Friday afternoon received a phone call to call Palmer back after I had left the office where I was contracted. When I called I was told that would be my last day. With four children to take care of, having never been late to work and meeting quota I was let go. I was told I would be given glowing recommendations and they would help me find another position. That was six weeks ago and no one has ever reached out with a contract position. I feel beyond stunned and used. It was clearly a management issue where I was contracted to work and Palmer was following their wishes, it was just a horrible thing for them to do to someone and then to not follow through with helping me find another position as they indicated. I have sent several people their way previously but now, in good conscience I cannot recommend them to anyone. Very unprofessional on both Palmer's and the large banking institutes.