The Peak Organization Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Richard Eichenberg, CPC
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Field Service Technician"

Current Contractor - Field Service Technician in Detroit, MI
    Current Contractor - Field Service Technician in Detroit, MI

I have been working at The Peak Organization as a contractor (More than 8 years)

Pros

Working in different types of business's and staying up to date on what companies are using to help better their business by utilizing the technology that is out there.

Cons

The hours are not always steady nor is the work. I love working and if I am not getting at least 40 hours I feel like I am missing out on educating myself and keeping my skills and abilities up to date.

Advice to Management

Great place to work for when there is work to be done. I understand that work can only be given where work is needed.

2. "Virtual Recruiter"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at The Peak Organization as a contractor (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great place to work

Cons

There are no cons - it is a great company

Advice to Management

none

3. "PC Tech Support"

Former Employee - Computer Technician in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Computer Technician in Columbus, OH

I worked at The Peak Organization (More than a year)

Pros

Pay was about average for tech support.
    Once in the system, pay was regular as long as you filled out time card.
    Even covered parking expenses if on special project.

Cons

As the name 'Peak' implies, Peak supplies bodies as needed. You need to really get to know someone at work locations to be contracted again. Work at first was sporadic. Some full-time jobs became more routine clerical work updating PC databases than tech support.(JPMorgan). Health insurance very expensive. No paid holidays or vacation unless brought on as full-time permanent Peak employee. Not a place to make a career.

Advice to Management

Typical staffing company. Develop employees more and provide better communication.

4. "Not enough work"

Current Contractor - Technician in Modesto, CA
    Current Contractor - Technician in Modesto, CA

I have been working at The Peak Organization as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay. Lots of assignments at certain times of year

Cons

complicated time card reporting. Delayed paychecks

Advice to Management

Be more hands on and involved with your subordinates

5. "This review is for peak systems division of peak org"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in New York, NY

I worked at The Peak Organization full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Recruiters and coordinators were good people.. And staff was good...the workers work hard are the ones who care about there job.

Cons

No growth, many promises broken, raise takes 18 months, account managers and directors do nothing. Recruiters and coordinators do all the work while management takes credit. Salary is low from beginning.. Alot of shady stuff behind close doors of peak system side. This is not a reflection of peak org side. Also, they hire alot of people who do no work and others have to pick up there slack.. They fired one of the best recruiters for nothing. So if you work with this company understand that this is only for a stepping stone to go elsewhere.. You will not have a career here

Advice to Management

Advice for peak systems and not peak org.. Please start treating your workers with more respect.. They work hard so you can get the benefits of a fat wallet.. Fire the people who dont do things. Because sooner or later companies will not do business with shady people.. I understand rangers season tickets are expensive but that does mot give you the right to not give people raises or what they deserve.

"Great place to work"

Pros

Great place to work, awesome people and a perfect way to startup your career

Cons

None that i can think of

7. "Admin Employee"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at The Peak Organization (Less than a year)

Pros

Great management. Great human resources. Upper management really cares about the mid and junior level staff members. Great culture and care from upper management

Cons

Some of the mid-level staff do not have the same qualities as upper management. Focusing on the position requirements and the relationship with upper management is best.

Advice to Management

Continue to treat staff members with the highest regard. It is really appreciated. The staff's performance is reflective of the great culture that has been established.

8. "Technician"

I have been working at The Peak Organization part-time

Pros

Well run company provides great support to the field staff. Everyone I have worked with has been very helpful and east to work with

Cons

Not enough work to keep busy. Once a big project is complete there is a long period of no work.

Advice to Management

Provide opportunity to move up into more permanent positions. An ongoing training program to develop your technical staff.

9. "Personnel problems"

Former Contractor - Technician in New York, NY
    Former Contractor - Technician in New York, NY

I worked at The Peak Organization as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Good client list, decent (not good) pay. Will keep you busy, if only with short-term deployments.

Cons

Low hiring standards; some of the technicians I worked with belonged stocking shelves in a store, not working in a professional environment. Most of the tech leads have no business being in charge of anyone or anything. None of the recruiters will return a call unless they need you to staff a contract.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring anyone with a pulse. Not everyone can manage.

10. "A close-knit quirky place filled with some really great people and other people who won't talk to you for years."

Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

Pros

You're allowed to laugh be own your sense of self.

Cons

A little old-school, a lil old fashioned, and the culture is one that will never change. It doesn't seem to be the count the calls type of recruiting agency though which is great.

Advice to Management

Respect and treat all of your people equally. Coach senior level leads on how to treat and respect others in the team.