The Pinnacle Schools Reviews | Glassdoor

The Pinnacle Schools Reviews

4.3
Karen Lee

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Dedicated to the Treatment of Adolescents"

Pros

The staff are dedicated in their provision of quality services to adolescents in our community.

Cons

The program has not expanded to provide services in other cities.

2. "A company with a great concept, compassionate staff, and opportunities to grow."

Former Employee - SGL in Elkmont, AL
    Former Employee - SGL in Elkmont, AL

I worked at The Pinnacle Schools full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work is rewarding. Emails and letters from current and past residents and parents provide proof that what you do is important and relevant. The company is quick to accommodate and really works with your schedule if you are a college student or have a second job. My coworkers were like family which in a lot of incidents it was great to know someone always had your back and was only a radio call away.

Cons

My only complaint is that I sometimes felt unheard when i didn't agree with a policy or procedure.

Advice to Management

Take more advice and suggestions from those on the front line.

3. "A welcome alternative to government schools"

Current Contractor - Information Technology in Huntsville, AL
    Current Contractor - Information Technology in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at The Pinnacle Schools as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Pinnacle is not burdened under the yoke of the bureaucracy that is crippling the American education system.

Cons

Anyone who is actually honest about the situation will tell you that working with these kids is not a walk in the park. May of these children, like their parents, are a blight on society, and it takes a special kind of person to work here.

4. "This is the best and most rewarding job experience I have ever had."

I have been working at The Pinnacle Schools full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Every day is a new experience and is always challenging. I have learned so much since I started here and I am encouraged to keep learning and taking on new responsibilities.

Cons

I wish the office was closer to my home.

5. "The most compassionate group of people I have ever met."

Current Contractor - Admissions and Marketing in Huntsville, AL
    Current Contractor - Admissions and Marketing in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at The Pinnacle Schools as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

This program is an environment of positive energy even on a "bad" day. Supervisors are willing to listen to new ideas and are not afraid of change. Children's safety and well being is number one priority. I've been blessed to be a part of positive change in the lives of entire families - not just the "troubled" child. If you thrive on immediate gratification, this is the place to work. If you have patience for progress, this is the place for you.

Cons

The hours are sometimes long and you must be be willing to occasionally work nights and weekends, in the heat and the cold. It's an outdoor program. You'll sometimes hear stories from residents that are heartbreaking.

Advice to Management

Continue to seek and hire employees who are educated and experienced in the field of adolescent treatment. The staff should continue to represent young and older adults who love kids even when they are difficult - those who can talk the talk and walk the walk. Kids respect that.

6. "Not a place I would send my kid if I had one."

I worked at The Pinnacle Schools full-time

Pros

Would be a good concept if place was run like it shows on the website.

Cons

The way they treat their employees and the kids they are suppose to care so much about. The pool is a joke. Horse therapy, really. The food is usually gross. The kids are cut off from outside contact and treated worse than prisoners.

Advice to Management

Needs to be more consistency in the way things are did. Every employee should be held to the same standard.