The Plus Group Reviews | Glassdoor

The Plus Group Reviews

4.1
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Recruiter - Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at The Plus Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone in the company welcomes you when you are hired - they have a very friendly network of offices even though they are spread out. Corporate visits and supports each branch and generally lets each branch run their office how they see fit (ownership/accountability). Management has solid tenure and are great mentors for someone newer to the industry. Some of the best people have started here and moved on, but we were lucky to have them.

Cons

Branches are generally small, so unless you like a small office environment it can feel like a small pond. However, each branch covers a wide area. Pay is livable and commission structures change a bit - your branch and the company must do well in order to expect a raise. Website/Software is not the most efficient, but it is being worked on (for over a year).

Advice to Management

Reach out to each branch and ask them what other software, websites and programs they're seeing out there that could benefit the whole company (For recruiting sources, employee referrals, social networking, etc.) Invest in something to make Recruiter's jobs easier - sometimes it needs to be a company-wide investment. Develop better defined career paths so that staff doesn't feel stuck in one position for the foreseeable future.

2. "The Plus Group Account Manger"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at The Plus Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Samll family owned company, not a lot of room for advancement

Cons

base salaries low, no pay increase this year

Advice to Management

Increase benefits and compensation company wide

3. "Work for someone else...anyone else..."

Former Employee - Contractor in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Contractor in Albuquerque, NM

Pros

There was good job variety. They seemed to be accessible at the beginning of my employment.

Cons

The management was terrible, did not keep me informed, salary was much lower than other companies. They were NOT supportive. They believe you are a contractor to fulfill a contract, no work/life balance, benefits were as terrible as their communication. They appeared to be respectful to my needs when I first signed on, but that faded over time. During my last month of employment, they refused to reply to my emails or return phone calls. I discovered later that I was severely underpaid compared to my counterparts.

Advice to Management

May you soon go out of business.

4. "Great company, small enough to care yet large enough to expand....."

I have been working at The Plus Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Been working here for about 7 months now....totally satisfied. Good base salary, room for improvement based on sales. Management is always behind you 100%

Cons

ATS system leaves a little to be desired.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing but share overall company business plan with all offices.

5. "Great Temp Agency"

Pros

Open communication with quick turnaround times

Cons

My Recruiter no longer works there :(