KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 125 of over 131 reviews

4.3
The Predictive Index CEO Mike Zani
Mike Zani
Pros
  • "We live and breathe our methodology of better work better world - meaning the company manages with the product they sell(in 9 reviews)

• "The Predictive Index is hands down the most interesting, caring company(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It is echoed in other reviews but this is an extremely fast-paced organization(in 23 reviews)

• "It is not a con to me, but I was told that PI moves fast and it does(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years
      Featured Review

It just keeps getting better

Dec 3, 2020 - Director in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Despite the unprecedented and challenging times in which we live, PI has actually gotten better, stronger, faster, more focused, and more determined to help other companies do the same with talent optimization (no matter the circumstances).

Cons

In order to achieve the above, getting comfortable with change is required as well as moving with speed and agility - the dust never settles at PI. This, at times, can be frustrating, but not in light of the greater objective of Better Work, Better World

2 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work!

Aug 3, 2021 - Marketing Automation Specialist in Westwood, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, most are smart people and very transparent management from top to bottom.

Cons

The business is complicated so it keeps changing and adapting. Might be hard for people who don't like changes to keep up.

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful

The Predictive Index Response

I’m happy to hear you’ve had a positive work experience! Creating an employee-first culture and transparency from leadership are fundamental to our success. Thank you for your review.

3. What people are saying about The Predictive Index

Join the conversation on

Human Resources

1y

works at

Michelman & Robinson

I’m interested in possibly in using the Predictive Index test for hiring purposes. Does anyone use it? Any information would be useful in determining if this is a good hiring strategy.

31 Comments

Join the conversation on
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

The best interview experience I've ever had

May 26, 2021 - Current Employee - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I just recently joined PI, and truly this was the best interviewing and onboarding experience I have ever had. The team made me feel welcomed from day 1 and even sent a sweatshirt and some awesome swag to my house prior to my first day. The benefits here are outstanding, and the company has gone above and beyond to provide remote, hybrid, and in-person working options that will allow folks to feel most comfortable moving forward. I can't say enough amazing things about the transparent culture, smart people, and caring and considerate atmosphere. If you are lucky enough to receive an offer from PI - Take it!

Cons

Nothing comes to mind for me.

The Predictive Index Response

We are so glad that you had a positive interview and onboarding experience! Supporting our people and maintaining an open and transparent environment is fundamental to our business. Thank you for your review.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good not great

Jul 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

As a whole the people are great, culture is strong, pay and benefits are good. Unlimited PTO was a nice perk. Leadership is transparent and open about business changes that happened.

Cons

There's a tendency for senior leaders to make up their minds about employees and that kind of seals your fate. Some people were given opportunities over others that didn't make sense to those on the front lines. It seemed like some opportunities were given to people because they were liked by high-ups and not because they deserved it. There's also a boy's club mentality with a lot of senior leaders and some teams which can create an uncomfortable environment.

The Predictive Index Response

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, feedback helps us to improve. At PI, equity and fairness are paramount, and we fill positions based on best fit for the role - which includes many factors - which we call head, heart and briefcase. Since we pride ourselves on hiring the very best candidates in the workforce, decisions regarding internal promotions can be difficult. We ultimately choose the person that is best suited for the role at that time, while taking into account the potential impacts on other areas of the business.

6. 5.0

Energizing, Empowering, Supportive

Mar 12, 2021 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

I interviewed and joined the company within the past year, so I haven’t met anyone in person. The company culture is so strong that this hasn’t been an impediment. Employees have a great deal of autonomy - the leadership delegates all but the most critical decisions to those that have to live with the consequences. The company clearly cares about the employees and deploys PI-developed tools to gauge and act on employee experience. PI is an inclusive environment where the leaders set a great example by speaking out on social issues. The company has endorsed and strongly supported an employee-led DEI initiative called Change@Work. It is truly inspiring to work in this environment.

Cons

This is not exactly a con. Everyone at PI has access to dozens of live dashboards with data, including detailed financial data, that at other companies would not be shared. Department heads and project leads regularly share video updates, which means there are several new videos everyday. Prioritizing what to consume and when can be a challenge.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Fast-paced and challenging, but so rewarding!

Mar 3, 2021 - Customer Service Manager in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is always a new challenge, but there is also always so much support. Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of navigating uncertainty and we could do better with processes and procedures, but overall a great place to work. We're super passionate about growth and development and we truly live by the Talent Optimization framework. It's and intense org but we get a lot done and there is so much to be excited about.

Cons

Chaotic at times, very hard to keep up with everything that is going on at all times. Take whatever you think fast-paced is and multiply it by four.

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 4.0
      Former Employee

Not what it used to be

Jan 24, 2021 - Software Engineer in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company as a whole is awesome. The president and CEO still care about their people and it shows. There are a few true gems in each department that are a pleasure to work with. The company as a whole is great but there are some departments that are steadily going downhill due to poor leadership.

Cons

Back of house is a mess. Last year they brought in a crew of engineer leads from Wayfair who manage up and kick down. Hard. If you can’t deal with a social-climbing micromanager than beware of joining the engineering squad. Combine this with product and design people who are given no clear direction and it’s just a disaster.

12 people found this review helpful
    9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Such a scam and a waste of time

May 18, 2021 - Operations
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good health insurance, unlimited PTO

Cons

PI comes off to be a fairytale that’s too good to be true. I remember sitting in my interview room thinking that, and how I could never turn down the job if it was offered to me. Turns out, I should have listened to my gut in that interview. They claim to pay top of market and make you feel comfortable with your salary, but when you start you realize that they’re paying you way too low. They use culture as a weapon against you, and god forbid you don’t completely conform and drink their koolaid, you automatically have a target on your back and you’re doomed from then on out. They fire people for the most ridiculous reasons. They give you optional overtime, but if you don’t take it because you need some time to yourself outside of work, you’re not working hard enough and letting the team down. Our team even tried to make a game out of it, which made it even more toxic. They claim to have unlimited PTO, and the managers will absolutely take advantage of that, but you will be spoken to and in trouble if you’re not a manager and you use your time respectfully. They also persuade you into thinking you’re going to be promoted so that you work extra hard, even at the toll of your mental health, only to gaslight you and make you feel like a fool. Don’t be swayed by the shiny cool things they show you. They’re just that, shiny and cool. If you want an employer who absolutely drains you, mentally abuses you and makes you question your worth, PI is the place for you. Otherwise, stay far far away.

10 people found this review helpful

The Predictive Index Response

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. It's a top priority for us to ensure employees are paid fairly and well for the work that they do. To achieve this we collaborate with outside consultants and gather the most up-to-date market research available. If compensation is ever a concern for an employee, we welcome an open conversation with a supervisor or the People Operations team. Additionally, we offer employees unlimited PTO because we value providing all employees the opportunity to take time to recharge and balance personal priorities. Our leadership team strongly believes our employees should be utilizing our unlimited PTO policy and we encourage folks to take 3-4 weeks per year in addition to our company holidays. Hiring and firing decisions are made as transparently as possible, with clear definitions and reasoning. In the interest of our employees' and candidates' privacy, we cannot always be 100% transparent with folks outside that process. We always consider and err on the side of doing the right thing by the impacted employees. We are disappointed that you had an experience that didn’t live up to these standards. If you are comfortable providing additional insights to inform our efforts to improve, please reach out to the People Operations team directly.

10. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

This company is nothing like it was when I started...

Aug 6, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are solid, comp is typically generous. Nice office (when we were in it).

Cons

Sadly, a reduction in force in April did not make this place a "best" place to work, despite "efforts" to be transparent and candid. Business decisions were made to reduce the company's headcount because of the financial impact of COVID-19 (understandable), but overall, the way this was handled is subpar at best. Human beings lost their jobs and then job postings started popping up on LinkedIn. Perhaps somebody who lost their position would have liked to be considered before jobs went up in a business-as-usual-way in a not business-as-usual time? These people we lost are highly intelligent, hard working, and willing to do anything for the company they worked for (to the point of near burnout) and they were passed over before jobs went up for anyone to apply to them. Can't we do better than this? We preach talent optimization, doing the right thing as part of our core values, etc. and here we are, leaving people we "valued" to wonder if they were even good enough to work here to begin with. It's a shame, really. I'm really just not impressed with the way this RIF was managed at all, and I work here. I'm not sure I'm optimistic on the outlook of PI.

20 people found this review helpful

The Predictive Index Response

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, feedback makes us better. At PI, we’ve been committed to hiring back as many alumni as possible. To do so, we communicate new job openings to our alumni before posting it externally. Alumni who express interest are given priority to start the interview process. While 60% of our alumni have already secured new positions or have gone back to school, we have been able to rehire a few through this process and are working to bring more on in the future. As always, at PI, transparency and communication are critical, so please feel free to talk to your manager or People Operations for more clarity. Again, thank you for taking the time to write this review.

11. 3.0
      Current Employee

Smart people, took venture money, not smart

Mar 28, 2021 - Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

great product that works and is totally useful, annihilates the competitors

Cons

can't keep up with demand, people are not happy

5 people found this review helpful