The Presidio Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Place"

Former Employee - Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in San Francisco, CA

I worked at The Presidio Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Presidio had a great environment overall and everyone seemed to really enjoy what they were doing. I never felt bored and always felt that I was contributing to the success of the firm.

Cons

Can't think of anything critical to say.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

2. "I love coming to work here every day"

I have been working at The Presidio Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The team - genuine, smart, collaborative and nice people. It's energizing to work with people who are truly dedicated to their clients' success.
    The work - we have the support and infrastructure to do our best, but the firm is still small enough to challenge people and allow individuals to make an impact.
    The benefits - while Presidio is considered a relatively small firm, I feel we get great healthcare and other benefits.
    The culture - transparency all the way to the top, a strong sense of accountability, and lots of fun. We work hard but also have fun together - regular cultural events, family picnics, birthday celebrations, ping pong tournaments, etc.

Cons

In the past couple of years the firm has evolved into a very open, honest and positive work place. There is nothing I would call out as a con at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Stay transparent and open. Continue to treat your employees as your greatest asset.

3. "Best company I've worked for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Great Corporate culture. They value personal and professional growth. Everyone wants you to succeed. People are very friendly and kind. There are many company activities and great benefits offered.

Cons

I can't seem to think of any.

4. "Good company- Upper Management Consistent Changes"

Pros

Work Life flexibility and opportunity to serve a variety of clients. The employees are great employees and very hardworking culture.

Cons

The leaders, have various definitions of expectations and at times may not align themselves with previous directives. Salary may not meet up to benchmarks. Salary plus commission structures seemed outdated.

Advice to Management

Consider your staff as key contributors to the success and outcome of your organization profit. Consider including profit sharing and reviewing your salary infrastructure to align with a more competitive workforce. Treat employees with respect by recognizing and rewarding them for their success, while not creating a culture that employees are disposable. If they are to leave, take a chance in trying to keep them in the first place. Review your employee surveys with action and reflection of what many don't dare to say.

5. "The Presidio Group is a fantastic place to learn and grow!"

Current Employee - Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at The Presidio Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been an employee at the Presidio Group for over 2 years. Over the past couple of years, I have grown immensely, both personally and professionally. I am thankful to have been given the opportunity to join a fantastic team of supportive individuals who do everything they can to foster that growth. In addition, the recent structural changes have created a very flat organization, with clear ties to the heads of business units (meaning more support and guidance). The culture is vibrant and fresh. Everyone is friendly, and more than willing to answer questions or take on additional responsibilities in this team-oriented environment. Similarly, you are expected to work hard and contribute to the team as well. At times, you must wear various hats-but that is definitely noted by the CEO and upper management and employees are rewarded accordingly. The Presidio Group has been an excellent place to learn and grow.

Cons

-We no longer have Friday breakfasts.
    -Due to our smaller team, sometimes we end up with a lot of work to do and stay late hours.

Advice to Management

The new CEO, Karl Schade, has been doing a fantastic job. Keep up the great work!

6. "Great place to carve out your own niche"

I have been working at The Presidio Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management is very open to suggestions, and willing to entertain new initiatives if backed up with supporting evidence. Culture is fantastic! Lot's of fun events to get to know your team members outside of work. People are generally very friendly. Work is challenging but stimulating.

Cons

work-life balance can get skewed sometimes, but management is flexible with appointments, vacations, etc.

7. "Questionable management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

- Smaller environment so your work/contribution is visible
    - Implemented 360 feedback (but this is not useful in small groups because the manager will be able to tell exactly who wrote what).
    - Bagel Fridays

Cons

- Management lacks focus and direction. The company constantly changes its legal name, logo , website, and entity structure.
    - Management is unethical and untrustworthy. The company used to have a tombstone of the values that it is supposed to uphold. It is a total joke because their actions don't mirror anything on their tombstone. People must have called them out on it. The tombstone values are gone now. (tip: do your research ("sailing"))
    - Face time is extremely important.
    - Information is only on need-to-know basis. I had no idea who knew or didn't know what so I couldn't talk to anybody about anything.
    - Absolutely no career advancement. The management will only see you at the level that you entered in. They cannot see passed that so advancement or movement is impossible.
    - Lots of favoritism

Advice to Management

Focus on fewer things and do them well and treat employees with respect.

8. "Presidio Financial Partners - not your average finance firm."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

As a small company, you are exposed to a number of areas - your job varies from day to day. Presidio considers itself a meritocracy, which I believe to be true. If you work hard, you are rewarded. Compared to many similar firms, we have a much better work/life balance. You are rewarded for actual contribution to the firm as opposed to meaningless time wasted at a desk. Also, I think the benefits are pretty great.

Cons

Those coming from large companies with a lot of structure might find the lack of specific policies at Presidio frustrating. Personally, I prefer the lack of bureaucracy. Also, as a small company, the compensation is fair, but not as outrageous as many other large finance firms.

Advice to Management

Keep trying hard. Try to be more consistent.