The Refrigeration School Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 13 reviews

4.3
The Refrigeration School CEO Mary Kelly
Mary Kelly
  1. "Fantastic place to work with opportunities for advancement"

I have been working at The Refrigeration School full-time for more than a year

Pros

Other than working with a great group of instructors and staff that truly care about the product that RSI is about, the company is great at providing opportunities to promote within.

Cons

Campus should expand to accommodate the growth of the school.

The Refrigeration School2019-05-29
  2. "Excited For Our Students and Staff"

Current Employee - Campus President in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at The Refrigeration School full-time for more than a year

Pros

I just attended our first leadership conference and it was so exciting to see staff members recognized while we celebrate the success of our students graduating and working in the field. I truly believe we have the best faculty, programs, and employer partnerships in the world changing generations forever. Love working with this team!!!

Cons

I would love to have a bigger facility to educate more people in HVAC/Welding.

The Refrigeration School2019-05-14
  3. "Exciting environment"

Current Employee - Management in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at The Refrigeration School full-time for less than a year

Pros

No day is the same! We have a diverse group of students, faculty, and staff and there is so much happening all the time. It's an exciting time to be involved in the world of education. The demand is high for skilled trades people and that keeps us relevant and engaged. My days fly by in discussions with students and working with our partners. We have exciting events and activities on campus (and off) and I work... with great people.

Cons

It's a very busy environment and we have a lot happening in this space. I would love to see a bigger space for us to do even more for our students and to grow!

Advice to Management

Keep up the communication between teams. We provide the best service to our students when we are all supporting each other and sharing information.

The Refrigeration School2019-05-14
  4. "Great Place To Help Others Reach a Goal"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at The Refrigeration School full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great atmosphere to help people and work on a team that wants to share ideas how to improve. Positive support from co-workers and managers encouraging you to do your best everyday.

Cons

Continue to look for more ways to get involved with the community.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting your staff. They love the recognition and patience to get the job done right.

The Refrigeration School2018-05-10
  5. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Director in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at The Refrigeration School full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love the people I work with for the most part everyone cares about the students and goes above and beyond to do what is best for the students. The company has given me the opportunity to grow and advance my career. We have good benefits and management treats you well.

Cons

Communication between the departments and corporate/ school could be better.

Advice to Management

Increase communication between departments.

The Refrigeration School2018-02-15

"Director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at The Refrigeration School full-time for less than a year

Pros

I like the fact we have an opportunity to help students impact their lives and start a rewarding career. I also like the supportive environment for the students, faculty, and staff.

Cons

I don't have many cons to share at this point.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to continue to listen to the feedback from students, staff, and faculty so you can continue to thrive.

The Refrigeration School2018-01-18
  7. "Happy to be working here"

I have been working at The Refrigeration School full-time

Pros

Great staff, great benefits. Staff really wants the students to be successful and will go above and beyond to help make that happen.

Cons

There has been a lot of changes with staff, but sometimes that needs to happen to find the right people for the right job. I do wish communication was better.

Advice to Management

Please communicate with the campus better.

The Refrigeration School2018-01-05
  8. "Love it here"

I have been working at The Refrigeration School full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people I work with and the students that attend. Everyone has a great attitude and they see the big picture of what we are trying to accomplish. I love hearing the graduates tell their stories about overcoming obstacles to get their diplomas and then finding a career in the field that pays them well. It makes me feel good about what I do every day.

Cons

Maybe install more healthy food vending options. All of our food options are very unhealthy. A healthy employee is a happy employee.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I feel appreciated as an employee and I'm happy to be part of the family.

The Refrigeration School2017-03-22
  9. "Corporate is clueless"

I worked at The Refrigeration School full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Got some experience that I was able to take elsewhere

Cons

Pay (ok if you are entry level, but don't expect to advance) Corporate is clueless when it comes to running a school which negatively affects the quality and consistency of education Numbers are more important than anything else--even the students Always understaffed and overwhelming their employees with workload, management completely not helpful and then constantly bothering you with simple stuff they can do... themselves when you are already overwhelmed with tasks (except for one person who they never expect anything from, does very little work, has no regard for coworkers and never offers to help and even says no when asked, but somehow still has a job no doubt because of a certain "status")

Advice to Management

Learn how to run a school Value your employees and students (they are the reason you make any money at all) You would be surprised how successful this school would be if you actually cared, the way you act and run things now is why morale is low, you can't hang on to good employees, and students are frustrated and not doing so well

The Refrigeration School2017-04-09
  10. "Student services"

I worked at The Refrigeration School full-time

Pros

Friendly staff, willing to work with schedule

Cons

Company's main focus was the income rather than student experience.

The Refrigeration School2017-01-24