The Related Companies Reviews | Glassdoor

Stephen M. Ross
  1. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at The Related Companies part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great People, Fun, Learning, Growth , Happiness

Cons

Long hours, repetitive, lots of men, disorganized, boring

The Related Companies2019-04-09

"Inspiring place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at The Related Companies full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

It is truly exciting working for a company that is, literally, defining the industry. I have never practiced what I do with more talented colleagues or more dedicated, visionary leaders. Pride for what my organization does, and awe for the individuals who make it happen, are often feelings I experience at work.

Cons

Because of the need to stay ahead in the industry, sometimes the organization moves too fast for solid coaching and professional development to occur; these occasionally take a back seat to execution.

Advice to Management

Look for ways to foster a more solid coaching and professional growth culture in the organization. It is doing well, but in order to get to the next level of cultural strength, this could use some attention.

The Related Companies2018-12-27
    • "All-around Excellence"

Current Employee - Leasing Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at The Related Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working for Related has truly been an amazing learning experience. Starting from a temp position, I was able to work my way to a permanent role and everyone along the way has been super helpful to achieve this. It is a very inclusive environment filled with hard working employees eager to learn and contribute to its success. Highly recommend to everyone.

Cons

I can't think of any.

The Related Companies2018-12-19
    • "Portfolio Management Analyst"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at The Related Companies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Incredible exposure to many facets of the RE industry with some of the brightest professionals, who are eager to share their knowledge and talk about their experiences. Enthusiastic senior management whom truly believe in their projects/undertakings. Hands-on experience at the most ground-breaking developments in the region/world. Very understanding with religious/family obligations.

Cons

None that I can think of, my experience has been spectacular

• "Amazing"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at The Related Companies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits, role models, competitive salary/ commission, and training encompass Related. They have you covered.

Cons

Not much. Disconnect between higher-ups and entry level is small. To my knowledge of course(:

The Related Companies2018-12-14
    • "New employee in Human Resources"

Current Employee - Human Resources in New York, NY

I have been working at The Related Companies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is extremely friendly and welcoming. Always willing to help however they which is nice when you are starting a new job and have a lot of questions and uncertainty on how things are done.

Cons

Just starting out here at Related I am yet to find any cons but it's very fast paced which can take some getting used to at first!

The Related Companies2018-12-14
    • "A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at The Related Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great growth opportunities, excellent benefits (Equinox!), and competitive salary

Cons

None that I can think of

The Related Companies2018-12-14
    • "Cleaning , make sure cleanliness surroundings the building..maintain security inspection of the building and grounds.."

Former Employee - Porter/Security in New York, NY

I worked at The Related Companies full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Best company, good people to work with

Cons

To work hard perform your duty

The Related Companies2018-09-18

"Best company I've ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant

I have been working at The Related Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay is considered one of, if not the best within the industry. It is a very business/result-driven company that will reward you greatly if you put in the work. Great support system as well from everyone that I work with from the cleaning staff to the VP of the company. The opportunity to grow within the company is limitless and I am the perfect example for this. I started off as a part-time concierge with Related while...

Cons

The amount of work and responsibilities could be overwhelming at times. Most companies will have different people handling specific roles and responsibilities. But at Related, at least where I work, we are all expected to do or at least try to handle/assist with everything. For example, I would often have to handle/assist with management duties such as addressing resident issues, billing, invoices, etc. With all that...

Advice to Management

Nothing for now.

The Related Companies2018-09-07
    • "Internship Program"

Current Employee - Assistant Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at The Related Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

I interned at Related over the summer of 2017, and part-time while I finished my undergraduate degree close-by. The Summer Internship Program was a great introduction to the company and culture of real estate development in New York City. Throughout the program, the intern class was highly engaged professionally, intellectually, and even socially. A series of individual upper-level executives across all facets of the...

Cons

New York is really hot in the summer, especially in a suit and tie. The technology support group takes a while to respond and take action.

Advice to Management

I love the company-wide emails giving props to exceptional achievements of individuals and groups within the company.

The Related Companies2018-08-24