The Remi Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.2
Dan Schuster

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • He understands work life balance and truly cares first about the health, security, and well being of his employees (in 6 reviews)

• He shows that he values his employees and their hard work (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The ramblings of a disgruntled employee let go for basically not doing their job is worth a 0 on 1-10 scale (in 3 reviews)

• An example is how they keep refuting negative comments here on Glassdoor (in 3 reviews)

1. "Hope this will be my last job before retirement"

I have been working at The Remi Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Progressive, not too big, employee focused, open door policy.

Cons

As expected, some organizational changes due to growth. Leads to opportunities to those who perform

Advice to Management

Keep having a clear vision so we can continue growing

2. "Off Site Employee"

I have been working at The Remi Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Remi has been a great company to work. They provide great training and support and really care about their employees and clients.

Cons

No cons. Like any job, work is challenging, and you will encounter difficult people and situations. If you are not ready to face these challenges, then you will have a hard time in this job.

3. "Great work environment"

I have been working at The Remi Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been here a few years now and really enjoy the company as a whole. I have fantastic co-workers and enjoy being here in general. It is a relief to have a manager who does not micro-manage, a vast change from previous employment.

Cons

Not 100% clear on the growth within the company.

"Named one of the best places to work for a reason."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at The Remi Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't say enough positive things about my experience thus far at Remi. First, let me start by saying that the open door policy is actually a real thing here. From a team supervisor to the President of the company, I always feel welcome in their office. If you've worked anywhere else, you know how rare this is. In fact, the President, CEO, CFO, COO etc. are all very visible in this company and actually know their employee’s names. I also can’t say enough great things about our HR Director Brian Landon. I can always stop by his office to discuss anything and he never makes you feel uncomfortable or unwilling to share. He is great at putting you at ease and letting you know that what you say will truly stay in his office. Second, they keep you informed. Our CEO Dan Schuster does a great job at keeping his employees informed of not only where we are but, most importantly where we are going. He shows that he values his employees and their hard work. We have a monthly social event where we get to leave two hours early and the company pays for us to do an activity of our choosing with other co-workers. It’s been a great way for me to interact with people in other departments that I normally don’t see. Remi also shows it’s appreciation throughout the year in various ways. From supplying treats on Employee Appreciation day to giving you a few hours off on your birthday, they always try to make you feel appreciated. It may not sound like much but, in my experience I’ve never worked for a company who’s done anything like that and it doesn’t go unnoticed by me or other employees. There is a reason why Remi has been named one of the best places to work multiple years in a row.

Cons

Something that would be nice would be the ability to work from home occasionally. However, I understand why this would be difficult with the nature of our business. Remi does do a great job at providing flexibility for their workers. Personally, I have never been told no when it comes to asking to leave early or come in late.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing! This is by far the best place I have ever worked and I cannot tell you how grateful I am for the opportunity to be a part of such a great team!

Aug 24, 2017 – Public Relations/Social Media

Thank you for the thoughtful review. You’ve touched on most of the great employee perks we have here at Remi. As we continue to grow, it’s important to hire employees who fit our culture that we’ve... More

5. "Quite Pleasant Place to Work"

I have been working at The Remi Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

First of all, Remi has a quality product that will never go away, or start to fade like some industries, which is underappreciated sometimes these days. As far as working there, Its a really nice place to work and the culture is really great. Among many of the perks, one of the best is the new "Employee Engagement" initiative that has been started this year. Once a month I will get to leave the office early and go out with a group of my coworkers. What we do is decided by the group but it can be anything from visit a brewery or park, to going bowling or seeing a movie. Remi is typically pretty good about promoting from within, a lot of our current managers did something different when they first came into the company, then applied for another higher position.

I sometimes see entries on Remi's Glassdoor where people complain that they were given unfair treatment, or Remi just decided that they didnt like that person and asked them to leave. Anyone who knows one single thing about business will agree that companies dont just let someone go for no reason, or they wouldnt be a viable, prospering company (which we absolutely are). Anyone who I know that has been let go from this company, walked themselves out with their actions. They then get really brave behind a computer screen and go on glassdoor and blame the company for letting them go, when in reality, it was this employees fault 100%. If you've been let go and are salty about it, maybe spend more time learning to be a good/hard worker, rather than getting on the internet and squawking about how you were "fired for no reason" cause you werent!

I have found that if you work hard and contribute in your position, then you will be a valued team member and your future will be bright here, it's really as simple as that

Cons

Sometimes communication can be a weakpoint, but i believe it is getting better and being worked on currently.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting from within, this is a crucial ingredient to our success. Also - know that the employees appreciate the employee engagement, though they may not always show it!

Aug 4, 2017 – Public Relations/Social Media

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review! At Remi, we love rewarding our hard-working employees. In addition to the new Employee Engagement Initiative you mentioned, employees also... More

6. "Work Hard, Play Hard"

I have been working at The Remi Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been working at Remi for more than five years and all-in-all, it's great! If you work hard, show initiative, and genuinely care, you will have a rewarding and fulfilling career here. The benefits are unbelievable. The company is very generous with vacation time, paid holidays, company events, and healthcare premiums. If you work hard, you get to play hard too. Employees who do their job well are promoted from within. Employees who show initiative are given more responsibilities and/or projects to highlight their skill set. Employees who genuinely care make the company better. It's that simple!

The latest team building initiative is amazing. Employees are put on teams, given a budget, and allowed to leave the office early once a month to go do an activity. Teams have gone bowling, to the movies, played laser tag, Top Golf, and so much more.

Cons

The traffic in Charlotte is awful. It would be great to have flextime.

Advice to Management

Don't let a few bad apples ruin it for the others.

Aug 9, 2017 – Public Relations/Social Media

Thank you for your thoughtful review. It’s important to us for our employees to have proper work-life balance, to have fun while at work, and to have affordable healthcare options. We’ve also gotten... More

"Proud to work for Remi!"

I have been working at The Remi Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you're looking for a small business environment, where hard work is appreciated and creativity is encouraged, Remi is a great company to consider. "A" players are recognized and people that aren't carrying their weight are held accountable, simple as that.

Also, great culture. The CEO and management encourage a healthy work/life balance and do everything they can to make our jobs fun.

Cons

Traffic around the office can be tough...

Advice to Management

Keep rewarding passion, loyalty and hard work!

Jun 28, 2017 – Public Relations/Social Media

Thank you for the positive feedback! Despite the company’s rapid growth this year (22 new employees since January), we love to hear that we’ve kept that small business feel.

Management is... More

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Program Representative in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Program Representative in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at The Remi Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team at Remi are some of the nicest people I have ever worked with. The environment is great and go out of their way to make you feel welcome.

Cons

NA
    Only been an employee for 1 month. Nothing negative to say all good!!!

Jun 20, 2017 – Public Relations/Social Media

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear that as a new-hire, you feel welcome and are surrounded by nice people. Over the past couple of... More

"Remi is a great place to work"

I have been working at The Remi Group full-time

Pros

I have been with Remi for 5+ years and have seen a lot of changes. Remi’s changes have benefited their employees the most. Whether it’s updating the PTO policy, adding employee engagement activities for departments to do on a monthly basis, or letting employees leave early on their birthday, Remi has strived to make their employees happy and keep up with the ever-changing working environments. I have received a lot of positive responses from family and friends about the events and benefits we have and it is a reminder that Remi treats their employees’ great. If you work hard and have a positive attitude, you will fit right in a Remi.

Cons

I don’t have any cons. Remi is not perfect, but no one is! Remi has gotten better with communicating to the company their plans and goals for the company, which is nice to know how the company as a whole is doing.

Jun 28, 2017 – Public Relations/Social Media

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review! One of the perks of working at Remi is definitely the benefits package. Some traditional benefits include, competitive salary, multiple... More

"A Great Company to Build a Solid Career"

Current Employee - Operations in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Operations in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at The Remi Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I am a real employee and this is a real post. The CEO is one of the most generous people you will ever meet, and he treats employees with respect and kindness. He understands work life balance and truly cares first about the health, security, and well being of his employees. He wants his employees to work hard, but also understands that some things are more important than work. This mindset has created a culture where people are loyal, passionate, and want to work hard for him and the company. This is why the company has been successful and has so many long time employees. It's a high growth company with a niche product that offers a very compelling value proposition. There is room for personal growth and advancement in a high energy environment. Good attitude and passion are valued more than anything, and if you have that, the company will put plenty of resources into on-boarding and ongoing training. Bottom line: if you work hard, have a good attitude, have passion to solve problems, and want to grow in your career, this is a great place to be! At this company, those characteristics will allow you to have financial success, as well as an enjoyable place to work.

Cons

Some people that don't deserve to be here take advantage of what the company has to offer and become a distraction. It's a shame that some can put in little effort; have a poor attitude; and no passion for business; and then blame the company on anonymous sites. Fortunately these employees get weeded out, so the solid performers can enjoy their work, and the culture can remain intact.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! You've created a successful company and a fantastic place to work.

Jun 20, 2017 – Public Relations/Social Media

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review! From the top down, the key to our business is our commitment to not only customer service, but to our employees. We strive to provide an... More