The Remi Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dan Schuster

Pros
  • There is a real work/life balance as the PTO and paid holidays are generous (in 4 reviews)

• What matters most to me is the recognition a Remi employee receives for his or her dedication and hard work (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • And read and believe the negative reviews (in 4 reviews)

• The ramblings of a disgruntled employee let go for basically not doing their job is worth a 0 on 1-10 scale (in 3 reviews)

1. "Sales"

I have been working at The Remi Group full-time

Pros

Fast paced collaborative environment. A great opportunity to be a true hunter, and be financially rewarded for your success!

Cons

We travel a fair amount - I actually enjoy the travel, but it would be a con if you don't.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay engaged with your people with consistent coaching and communication

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at The Remi Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good, comprehensive training and the pay is okay. Family environment works to their benefit at times. Company is expanding to other markets and pricing advantage helps selling.

Cons

Unprofessional executives who do not know how to interview or present their company in a positive light. The family environment cuts both ways because it leads to less than professional behavior. An example is how they keep refuting negative comments here on Glassdoor. This does not help them look better, only worse. A friend wanted to consider working for REMI but backed out when they read REMI's responses on here.

Advice to Management

Stop replying to everyone's negative Glassdoor posts. It makes the company look petty and unprofessional. It doesn't help your image. Every company gets a bad review every once in a while. Your reaction is what counts. Stop accusing everyone of being a disgruntled employee. Great candidates are running when they read your responses as my friend did when I recommend they look into a job opportunity with you.

Dec 1, 2016 – Public Relations/Social Media

Thank you for your feedback. As a new employee, you may not understand how the company works. As mentioned before, Remi is not a family owned business. The company is controlled by 50% shareholders ... More

"My work experience with Remi"

Current Employee - Client Services Fulfillment
    Current Employee - Client Services Fulfillment

I have been working at The Remi Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with Remi for close to 3 years. It is my experience that we have a CEO and management that cares about their employees. This is proven year after year as we receive a very generous PTO and paid holiday package. What matters most to me is the recognition a Remi employee receives for his or her dedication and hard work. There are awards, monetary incentives, and an opportunity to earn a spot on the company plaque. Additionally, there are many other small things that make our work life fun and balanced at times. Such as, luncheons, meetings to discuss company growth, and our Friday popcorn day to mention a few. I do feel fortunate to have the opportunity to work here.

Cons

No company is perfect. It is challenging to work with an array of personalities at times. There can be some negative, and not so appreciative to work here people. I am sure you will find this in every business. I believe Remi is working diligently to reduce the negativity by offering a fun personality training to better understand the expectations we have of one another in our work environment.

Advice to Management

I believe every department would appreciate and value what each of us do better if we continue to cross-train between departments. Knowledge is power, and we can all learn more from each other. This will serve better in the process of making Remi "team oriented." I expect this effort will help us grow rapidly and successfully!

Nov 15, 2016 – Public Relations/Social Media

Thank you for your honest, respectful feedback! As this response is being written, it’s Popcorn Friday and the company is getting geared up for the holidays. We are also in the middle of a fundraiser ... More

"Happy to be here."

I have been working at The Remi Group full-time

Pros

This is a family owned business with quite a many family members working here. But they pretty much make it work. The expectations here are the same as with most jobs I've had. Work hard and earn your right to move your career along the path you choose. Training and management, for me, has been a tremendous and wonderful experience. The culture is terrific and everyone treats others very professionally. Management is open minded especially when it comes to customer's needs. I have been very satisfied with my work here and the management.

Cons

None that I can think of at the moment.

Nov 28, 2016 – Public Relations/Social Media

Thank you for your honest, respectful feedback! It’s great to hear that Remi’s culture is terrific from current employees. As a Charlotte Business Journal’s Best Places to Work for the second year in ... More

"A Place to Grow Professionaly"

I have been working at The Remi Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great location. Great culture. Great pay and benefits. I have been with Remi for nearly 5 years and I have been privileged to work in several different departments. Learning about all aspects of the business has been very exciting and challenging. I feel very fortunate to work for Remi.

Cons

Entry into this field is required by the system.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Nov 15, 2016 – Public Relations/Social Media

Thank you for your honest, respectful feedback! One of the many perks of working at Remi are the various opportunities to work in different departments. The company is constantly evolving to meet and ... More

7. "Train wreck"

Former Employee - Sales in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sales in Charlotte, NC

I worked at The Remi Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The day I left was the best day. I initially thought I would like the company. But I was wrong.

Cons

Far too many. Starting with the lame interview and hiring process. The ridiculous poorly run , non existent training. To the micro-managed oh am I getting fired today run and hide attitude of most of the employees I worked with. To the unprofessional management of the inept family that runs the place.

Think twice before interviewing here. And read and believe the negative reviews. Trust me, they weren't all disgruntled or non producing ex-employees. Most of their comments are very accurate.

Advice to Management

Sell. You don't know what you are doing!

Dec 5, 2016 – Public Relations/Social Media

The only way you can respond to such a negative review is to look at objective facts. This person used words like lame, poorly run, inept, and claims that company leadership doesn’t know what they ... More

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Remi is a wonderful company with great people and lots of opportunity. I have been working for Remi for over half a decade and have chosen to make this place, my career. Over the years, management has really tried to make this a fun, positive place to work. In doing this, they have striven to hire positive-minded, hard working people, while eventually weeding out those that did not work hard and did not fit the great culture we have here.

I looked at Remi's Glassdoor page and was dismayed by a few people making negative comments. It is painfully obvious who some of these ex-employees are, and some of what they are saying just isn't true. Remi, like any other successful company, isn't in the business of just letting people go for no reason. It costs a lot of time and resources to hire someone, so they aren't just deciding arbitrarily to randomly let people go. I guess I understand why people get on these sites and blast their former employer, they are upset because they are no longer with the company. Maybe rather than being worried about blasting their former employer (when in reality it is 100% their fault they are no longer here), they should be more worried about getting a new job, just a thought.

Remi is a fun, great atmosphere to work in The CEO truly truly believes in investing in his employees. Twice I have been sent to a very high priced continuing education class, in order to become the best version of myself. We are paid well, given copious amounts of PTO, and if you do your job and meet your goals, you are by no means micro-managed.

If you're thinking about coming on at Remi, don't listen to a few upset people that deserved to be let go. Instead, ask for a tour of the office during an interview, you will see me, and the rest of all of our employees, smiling and happily going about our day.

Cons

Honestly, no real cons come to mind right now. Like all companies, sometimes people in certain departments can be a little clique-y, but they never exclude. i'm sitting here trying to think of other cons, but nothing is coming to mind (other than Remi is a little far away from where I live, which is just a me-problem).

Advice to Management

Continue to put resources and training into your people and continue to try and hire positive, hard working people. Also, try and do your best to promote from within.

Nov 15, 2016 – Public Relations/Social Media

Thank you for your honest, respectful feedback! Remi is proud to announce that the company has won the Charlotte Business Journal’s Best Places to Work award for the second year in a row! This award ... More

"Remi"

Pros

Remi provides a great opportunity for someone to advance their career if they are willing to put the effort into it. Management encourages employees to think outside the box and is open to new ideas within all departments. Remi offers competitive pay and a flexible work environment with generous paid time off, great place to work!

Cons

Keep up the good work!

Aug 23, 2016 – Public Relations/Social Media

Thank you for your honest, respectful feedback! Over the past couple of years, Remi’s HR Dept. has been posting new job openings internally first. This gives employees a chance to change the course ... More

10. "Remi gets it right!"

Current Employee - Business Development in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Business Development in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at The Remi Group (More than 8 years)

Pros

No company is perfect...but Remi gets it right most of the time! I've been with the company for over 8 years and have loved every minute of it. If you work hard, show initiative, and commit to keep learning, you're career at Remi will be positive and fulfilling. I enjoy coming to work everyday and thrive on the new challenges given to me. You cannot be mediocre and expect the company to bend over backwards for you. You get what you give!

Cons

One con is the traffic, but the company can't help that. The other con is that there's no true flex time. There are flexible schedules, which is great, but it would nice to see it taken a step further.

Advice to Management

Listen to meaningful employee feedback and be open to new ideas. Keep doing what you are doing!

Aug 23, 2016 – Public Relations/Social Media

Thank you for your honest, respectful feedback! Remi is lucky to have such a seasoned workforce; out of 118 employees, 45 have been with the company for more than 5 years. Incredible! It’s a true ... More

"Truly an amazing place to work"

Pros

Amazing company to work for! They recognize employees and have opportunities to grow within the company. Overall the company is very generous to its employees with, luncheons, PTO, holidays, fun events and much more. I have never worked for a company like this before where they actually care so much for their employees. The management, are all wonderful to work with. They treat you more like a friend than an employee, and are very easy to talk too.

Cons

I have no con's to say about this company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing.

Jul 28, 2016 – Public Relations/Social Media

Thank you for your honest, respectful feedback! We are so happy to hear that you think Remi is an amazing place to work…we think so too. We are currently in the middle of our 7th Annual School Supply ... More