The Resumator Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Don Charlton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Best company I've worked for"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at The Resumator full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people and the leadership is in my opinion really want makes the Resumator a great place. Everyone is passionate about what they do, and gets along very well. The CEO has managed to build a great culture in the Pittsburgh office, even after all the changes. The perk the company offers are great, as is the office space in the strip.

Cons

The hours are long, but honestly you get used to it. The snacks are far away, but thats about it.

Advice to Management

Keep on this path and the company will continue to do well.

2. "Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Mount Pleasant, SC
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Mount Pleasant, SC

I worked at The Resumator (More than a year)

Pros

It was a fun environment to work in, with an open office culture.

Cons

There were constant changes to everything due to the start up mentality.

Advice to Management

Less Micromanage.

"Best Place to Work - Love My Job"

I have been working at The Resumator full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I finally found the best place to work -The Resumator! I've been here just over a year now and I love it. I love my job and the people I work with. We've got an awesome team that works really hard. The great thing is that I actually feel appreciated every day. The constant Thank yous, You're doing a great job, Keep up the good work, etc. really go a long way in the workplace. I truly enjoy going to work each day.

Cons

Sure there have been some changes lately, but it's all about making this the best company it can be! I'm proud to be a part of this fantastic company and I'm looking forward to the years and changes ahead.

"Great coworkers, exciting vision"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at The Resumator full-time

Pros

I love coming into work every morning because I work with smart, talented people who I admire. I work hard not just because I want to succeed here, but because I want to see us all succeed, and I believe we all work well together as a team. The company is going through a lot of changes, but I see the vision and am excited by it. I'm excited to contribute to the next big thing in recruiting.

Cons

The company recently relocated most of the teams in SF back to Pittsburgh, and that resulted in nearly an entire office getting laid off. I'm not going to lie, that's a pretty unsettling experience to go through, especially for companywide morale. But I believe in the vision and understand that sometimes businesses have to make tough decisions that result in non-ideal outcomes.

Advice to Management

Be open. Communicate honestly with current and future employees to assure them that they're both valued and integral to the company and its mission.

"Challenging and Rewarding"

Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at The Resumator full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Extremely proud to call The Resumator my home. The company has a legacy of being clever, aggressive, and innovative as evidenced by its meteoric growth to its current position as the commercial leader in the space. As of the time I write this, I've never felt more positive about the momentum behind The Resumator. Huge things are in store that will dramatically alter the landscape and it's thrilling to be a part of it.

Cons

The Resumator has a mantra of "Performers Only." That means that only employees who are willing to actively collaborate, work harder than the average person, and commit to aggressive - even unfair- goals thrive here. This is definitely not an environment in which you can slack off and it's one where not everyone survives.

Advice to Management

As the company grows, keep the scrappy startup attitude. Stay bold, aggressive, and keep building teams that share the vision for our future in the HR space.

"Growing Startup - Change is Normal"

I have been working at The Resumator full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The current team is committed to the mission of the company and to doing a great job. The product is being continually developed and improved. The marketing team in the San Francisco office has been producing great work in recent months. Directors and Vice Presidents are committed to the success of the company and pushing for positive change.

Cons

There have been a lot of recent changes, but this is pretty normal for a startup at this stage. Because of the frequent changes, however, communication sometimes fails. The leadership team has been making an effort to improve communication, but it could be better.

Advice to Management

Work on communication at every level in the organization. Continue to push for positive change in how the company operates and grows.

"GREAT STARTUP and AWESOME PLACE TO WORK"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

I've been working with the Resumator since 2009. For the first 5 years as a contractor and I loved it so much that I started full-time in 2014. What a great environment and great place to work. The stability of the company and the flexibility of the leadership has made working these past 61/2 years worth it.

Cons

Can't think of any at this time.

Advice to Management

Great job!!!! Keep up the good work.

"Get Real Experience Growing a Company"

I have been working at The Resumator full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Get the startup experience, while working for a company that has real customers, real revenue and a mature product.

Cons

Things do change often, though realize you are getting to see what it is actually like scaling a company.

Advice to Management

Keep building the company responsibly, as you have been doing. Give true ownership to people to give them greater opportunities to grow.

"Working at The R"

I worked at The Resumator full-time

Pros

Great CEO, great team - some management issues that were fixed. Everyone is committed to the company and wants to see it succeed.

Cons

Cons were fixed and things improved. Going through some reorg now so will be interesting to see where things land.

Advice to Management

No advice to give to management, again, going through reorg so curious to see how things pan out.

"Good Changes"

I have been working at The Resumator full-time

Pros

Business changes happen and they're made when necessary. I'm happy to see changes, especially for the better. I like what a start-up brings.

Cons

Some past bad hires, but gone now.

Advice to Management

Already given.