The Robison Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Ryan R Robison

1. "Awesome company"

Current Employee - SIU - Field Investigator in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - SIU - Field Investigator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The Robison Group (Less than a year)

Pros

As long as you are doing your job, you will be left alone and you will not be micro managed. Unlike other companies, this company, allows you to conduct your own style of investigation as long as it provides good results. This company also allows you to be exposed to S.I.U. investigations. Provide good results and you will have a good work experience.

Cons

In all honesty no cons in my eyes. The grass is not always greener on the other side. On the TRG side, trust me, its greener. Awesome company.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work!

2. "Desk top support"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vincennes, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vincennes, IN

I worked at The Robison Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Got to work from home and they provided equipment

Cons

Terrible wait time on pay and terrible training provided. No communication available. Supervisor had no I terpersonal skills.

Advice to Management

Develop a training program and invest in new employees because they invest in you.

"love it!"

Current Employee - Investigator in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Investigator in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at The Robison Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love the job, love the company, love the structure and love the future opportunities. Best part is the salary structure and not hourly. Slow in the winter and I still get paid. Huge benefit.

Cons

Very busy for about 10 months a year. But, being slower in the winter, I am able to take some time off and still get paid. Nice to spend time at the beach and not have to worry about unemployment or not garnering a check.

Advice to Management

Keep growing which will provide opportunity to us all.

"Love it at TRG!!"

Current Employee - Field Investigator in Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Field Investigator in Lansing, MI

I have been working at The Robison Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The money is great. The job is exciting and you get to see a lot of cool places. Even though you might work several days in a row and put in a lot of hours, you are usually done with your day by 3:00 pm or 4:00 pm. Haven't worked a winter yet, but rumour has it that the investigators hardly work and you still get paid your weekly salary. The equipment given to you is great, training is excellent, and the job is exciting. Folks, this company is SOLID!!

Cons

I would say the one thing I have experienced
    is being assigned to a trip out of state, usually up to 10 days +, and there isn't any type of extra compensation or "trip pay". That is a long time to be away from home and family and the investigator should be compensated extra in some way. It wouldn't have to be an outrageous amount, just something to show that their hard work a long way from home is greatly appreciated. If not compensation, maybe a formula that trips get the investigator extra vacation time, etc??? Just an idea!!

Advice to Management

Excellent managment staff from the office into the field.

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Troy, MI

I have been working at The Robison Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love how at The Robison Group we are a big family. We are all a big support group that helps each other out when in need. The company offers competitive salaries and some great benefits. Everyone in the office works hard to help each other out which makes for a pleasant work environment. The managers are fair and compassionate and take everyone's personal needs into consideration. I am so pleased with the company that I have even recommended my friend and previous coworker for a position here.

Cons

The only con I have is that hourly employees don't get paid for holidays.

Advice to Management

The owner of the company, Ryan Robison, and all of the upper management staff are all very approachable, which makes working there more relaxing and enjoyable.

"Great experience and hard work."

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Troy, MI

I worked at The Robison Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

TRG was a great company to work for. They teach you a lot about the PI world and, for the most part, everyone there is highly experienced. Even the few who are new to things are very professional and willing to work hard to achieve the same results as those that have been doing it for years. Overall it's a very friendly and relaxed work environment. It also caters to anyone looking to climb the ranks, as well as those who simply want to learn one job well and perform that job to the best of their abilities. Regardless of what kind of worker you are you must be a quality one to last a week here.

The owner, Ryan, is extremely solid. He is accessible, despite being very busy. He's also very friendly, down to earth, and he seemed to be open to any ideas that are worth his time.

This company is going to grow and continue to grow.

Cons

Work hard and you won't run into any cons, for the most part. The only thing that was frustrating was the lack of training and lack of organization in regards to my specific position. Regardless of that I was still able to catch on fairly well, and I'm sure anyone else who wanted it badly enough could too. While I was transitioning out of the company they were in the process of fixing all of the aforementioned issues. I'm sure it's probably not perfect but knowing them it'll be as good as it needs to be. No matter what you will need to be able to catch on quickly, follow directions and have a solid work ethic. Common sense also helps.

Advice to Management

None to give that you don't already know and are actively trying to take care of.

7. "Great company, really good team atmosphere"

Current Employee - Investigator in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Investigator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The Robison Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoy working for the Robison Group, enjoy the team I am on and my fellow coworkers. All around good company

Cons

I have none to post

"6 Years and Counting"

Current Employee - INV in Joliet, IL
    Current Employee - INV in Joliet, IL

I have been working at The Robison Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Usually I never write reviews or think twice about what I read on line. But my wife said she saw a couple of negative reviews of my company on google. It really bothers me because I take a lot of pride in my work and the work of The Robison Group.

I am not sure who wrote those but they need to get their facts straight. I have worked here for 6 years after working for two other companies. This company is MUCH better than where I was in the past. It is demanding work, but I really enjoy the guys I work with, very team oriented. Always paid on time, and have a great car allowance.

I understand if former employees want to try and get on here to discredit the company but again, they are just that....former employees. I enjoy what i do and who i do it for. I will always stand behind the The Robison Group

Cons

Non. All jobs have their ups and downs but none worth writing here

Advice to Management

None

9. "Enjoyed my time working at The Robison Group"

Former Employee - Investigator in Temple Hills, MD
    Former Employee - Investigator in Temple Hills, MD

I worked at The Robison Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Team Leaders and administrative personnel placed correctly throughout the company. In training and intial hiring gave me more than enough tools to succeed. Being new to the field I worked closely with other investigators who showed me the best, most covert professional way to work a job.

Cons

Worked in-state and out-of-state jobs but, unfortunately, the long hours I was not completely ready for. Being away from my family for so long I had to find a different type of employment.

Advice to Management

none

10. "Private Investigator Michigan - Great Company!!"

Current Employee - Team Leader Private Investigator in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Team Leader Private Investigator in Detroit, MI

I have been working at The Robison Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I saw this site about 2 weeks ago for the first time. The call it a glas door? It is pretty easy to tell the same person filled out two of the negative reviews. I have worked for company for 9 years. I plan to work hear for another 9 years at least. ALWAYS been paid on time. I do surveillance so it is a tough job, but I love doing surveillance

Cons

Nothing other than you would expect, a lot of time on the road.

Advice to Management

Try to schedule out as far as possible to help me plan my travel