The Robison Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Ryan R Robison

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "I work here...you should too!"

Current Employee - SIU in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - SIU in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The Robison Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Both dedicated snd updated management. Almost the best I have worked fot!

Cons

Business gets slow...but that s to be expected.

Advice to Management

Keep doing...keep growing.

2. "Life of a PI..."

I worked at The Robison Group full-time

Pros

The pay is good. Management is even better. The FOM's do a great job in not micro managing and giving freedom to do the job how you see best without criticism. They don't make you feel bad when you lose somebody or make a mistake such as getting burned (although its not always your fault). You feel appreciated and recognized for good work. They are not on your behind all the time. The job has its fun moments.

Cons

Flexibility is not terrible if you ask in advance but for the most part the schedule stinks. You pretty much work every weekend. You work most holidays. Hard to have a good work-life balance. They send you far from home most days. The job itself can get boring after a while. A lot of sitting in your car. Summers can get rough. Some of the other PI's can have an ego. They make you pay for this expensive insurance. Daily reports can get annoying. They put in a new system that requires more report writing which was a pain.

Advice to Management

Give more weekends off. Especially in the summer. Other than that your company is above average. Definitely miss the job at times and some of the managers. Especially Hayden he is the best!

3. "Place is a joke"

Former Employee - Field Investigator
    Former Employee - Field Investigator

I worked at The Robison Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They don’t hound you, so if you have to run errands while youre on the job, hey! Go do it! Then go back to your “surveillance position” at half time then go back out. Then say “never saw claimant “ then again half the employees did this.

The check was always good

Cons

They would send you places like two hours away, and they send you to these places like within a days notice which is not enough time if you have a family.

Play Mad favoritism

Your schedule is all over the place so don’t expect to have a life whatsoever

If the temperature is 95° outside then that means your car is 120° And you are not allowed to move in their eyes.

Do not work here

4. "Awesome company"

Current Employee - SIU - Field Investigator in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - SIU - Field Investigator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The Robison Group (Less than a year)

Pros

As long as you are doing your job, you will be left alone and you will not be micro managed. Unlike other companies, this company, allows you to conduct your own style of investigation as long as it provides good results. This company also allows you to be exposed to S.I.U. investigations. Provide good results and you will have a good work experience.

Cons

In all honesty no cons in my eyes. The grass is not always greener on the other side. On the TRG side, trust me, its greener. Awesome company.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work!

5. "Desk top support"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vincennes, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vincennes, IN

I worked at The Robison Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Got to work from home and they provided equipment

Cons

Terrible wait time on pay and terrible training provided. No communication available. Supervisor had no I terpersonal skills.

Advice to Management

Develop a training program and invest in new employees because they invest in you.

"love it!"

Current Employee - Investigator in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Investigator in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at The Robison Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love the job, love the company, love the structure and love the future opportunities. Best part is the salary structure and not hourly. Slow in the winter and I still get paid. Huge benefit.

Cons

Very busy for about 10 months a year. But, being slower in the winter, I am able to take some time off and still get paid. Nice to spend time at the beach and not have to worry about unemployment or not garnering a check.

Advice to Management

Keep growing which will provide opportunity to us all.

"Investigator"

I have been working at The Robison Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to travel all over.
    They're always hiring.

Cons

Was told I'd get certain days off, that never happens.
    They change your schedule all the time, and you work your days off, so it's hard to schedule appts.
    Salaried, but you work 6 days a week, minimum 50 to 60 hours.
    Turnover rate is harsh, it's hard to trust co workers and build a working relationship when people leave a lot.
    I've heard multi people say their paycheck has bounced.

Advice to Management

Standardize schedules a little more.
    Have your employees on different levels hold the same standards to everyone.
    Communication all around needs to be worked on.

8. "Awsome Energy Group"

Pros

Wide open policy and pay based on performance

Cons

Constant cold calling and searching for new accounts

"Love it at TRG!!"

Current Employee - Field Investigator in Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Field Investigator in Lansing, MI

I have been working at The Robison Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The money is great. The job is exciting and you get to see a lot of cool places. Even though you might work several days in a row and put in a lot of hours, you are usually done with your day by 3:00 pm or 4:00 pm. Haven't worked a winter yet, but rumour has it that the investigators hardly work and you still get paid your weekly salary. The equipment given to you is great, training is excellent, and the job is exciting. Folks, this company is SOLID!!

Cons

I would say the one thing I have experienced
    is being assigned to a trip out of state, usually up to 10 days +, and there isn't any type of extra compensation or "trip pay". That is a long time to be away from home and family and the investigator should be compensated extra in some way. It wouldn't have to be an outrageous amount, just something to show that their hard work a long way from home is greatly appreciated. If not compensation, maybe a formula that trips get the investigator extra vacation time, etc??? Just an idea!!

Advice to Management

Excellent managment staff from the office into the field.

"On Par with Industry standards"

Pros

Great company culture. Bosses care about the success of you and the company.

Cons

Being salaried, bosses push and push and do not properly give time off when needed. Clocked 70 hours plus in one week, and got one day off.

Advice to Management

Pay close attention to the amount of work employees put in, within a week span, and adjust accordingly. We are the ones on the road, and we, as shocking as it sounds, need time off to recharge our batteries