The Rowland Group Reviews in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Houston, TX

4.5
Lynn Flinn
1 Rating

1. "One of the best from what I've seen"

Former Employee - Engineering Professional in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Engineering Professional in Houston, TX

I worked at The Rowland Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I always enjoyed working with them when they were putting me on assignments. They are prompt to call you back and really listen to what you are saying compared to a lit of the others that just want to know if you have any leads for them.

Cons

I never really experienced any although I only worked with them as a contract engineer.

Advice to Management

You have a good group of people.

2. "Better than a lot of others out there"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Houston, TX

I worked at The Rowland Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked at The Rowland Group in Houston, TX and it was the first time I had been in the recruiting industry. I was trained decently but my manager at the time didn't give me too much support. There was a management change before I left and things were a lot better after that. Overall, it is a good company with good leadership and they really try to hire good people. The office was fun and people in the office got along pretty well.

Cons

The Tulsa office had very little turnover but the Houston office had a lot more. Again, that changed quite a bit when the new manager relocated from their Tulsa office to Houston.

Advice to Management

Train more. When someone is new it is sometimes difficult to understand how the more tenured people are doing what they do. It would be good to always see the process from start to finish.

3. "Excellent Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

The Rowland Group has been an excellent company for me over the last few years that I have been employed here. It is a company where you have to work hard and be self-motivated to get the most out of it but it is very rewarding when put in the effort. The Rowland group has been consistently voted "The Employees Choice: Best Places To Work" and has a strong vacation policy, offers flexible holiday hours, and has various employee recognition events. There is a generous management team and successful people withing the company are willing to help you rather than to try and step on you as I have seen in other recruiting firms in the past. The Rowland Group is a company that I am proud to say I work for and is a great choice for job seekers looking for a challenging opportunity in the staffing world.

Cons

It would be nice to have offices in other locations outside of Tulsa and Houston.

"Worker beware"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Houston, TX

I worked at The Rowland Group (More than a year)

Pros

Hard to find any Pros

Cons

Terrible Management - 100% Turnover