The Rowland Group Reviews in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Outstanding"

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Houston, TX
    Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Houston, TX

Pros

Laura Denson is the recruiter I worked with. She is amazing!! She stayed in touch with me throughout the whole process of starting the new job. I highly recommend Laura Denson.

Cons

I do not have any.

2. "Outstanding Company Culture & A Best Places To Work!"

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at The Rowland Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I came to The Rowland Group almost four years ago and it was one of the best decisions that I could have made for my career, personal and professional development and my family. The Rowland Group strives to create a culture in which people are nurtured yet at the same time employees has the ability to be creative with their book of business. During my time I have been provided not only with financial growth but career growth and professional development as well. Additionally, the management team truly cares about their internal employees and invests in them. I have a great work/life balance and my happiness is truly important to the management team. Additionally, the company really walks the walk in regards to values and doing the right thing not only for internal employees but candidates and clients as well. I can't say enough about the company and the people; the tenure of our management and employees speaks for itself being in such a high turnover industry!

Cons

There are no notable cons.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

3. "Engineering Recruitment Manager"

Former Employee - Engineering Recruiter in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Engineering Recruiter in Houston, TX

I worked at The Rowland Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to learn how to recruit and become knowledgable of recruitings

Cons

I have no opinion on the cons.

4. "Great Company"

Current Contractor - Account Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Contractor - Account Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at The Rowland Group as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work.

Cons

Nothing to add at this moment

Advice to Management

The Rowland Group especially Janet Navarro worked hard from the beginning that I meet with her. Her personality makes you feel like you're her #1 and makes you feel positive. My degree is in Healthcare administration but she help me obtain a contract position until she is able to get me where I

5. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at The Rowland Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Rowland Group is a great place to work, very family oriented with someone always willing to help with any questions or concerns. Management is amazing always providing the tools we need to be successful. Great company to work for I wouldn't have it any other way!

Cons

None that come to mind.

6. "One of the best from what I've seen"

Former Employee - Engineering Professional in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Engineering Professional in Houston, TX

I worked at The Rowland Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I always enjoyed working with them when they were putting me on assignments. They are prompt to call you back and really listen to what you are saying compared to a lit of the others that just want to know if you have any leads for them.

Cons

I never really experienced any although I only worked with them as a contract engineer.

Advice to Management

You have a good group of people.

7. "Better than a lot of others out there"

I worked at The Rowland Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked at The Rowland Group in Houston, TX and it was the first time I had been in the recruiting industry. I was trained decently but my manager at the time didn't give me too much support. There was a management change before I left and things were a lot better after that. Overall, it is a good company with good leadership and they really try to hire good people. The office was fun and people in the office got along pretty well.

Cons

The Tulsa office had very little turnover but the Houston office had a lot more. Again, that changed quite a bit when the new manager relocated from their Tulsa office to Houston.

Advice to Management

Train more. When someone is new it is sometimes difficult to understand how the more tenured people are doing what they do. It would be good to always see the process from start to finish.

8. "Excellent Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

The Rowland Group has been an excellent company for me over the last few years that I have been employed here. It is a company where you have to work hard and be self-motivated to get the most out of it but it is very rewarding when put in the effort. The Rowland group has been consistently voted "The Employees Choice: Best Places To Work" and has a strong vacation policy, offers flexible holiday hours, and has various employee recognition events. There is a generous management team and successful people withing the company are willing to help you rather than to try and step on you as I have seen in other recruiting firms in the past. The Rowland Group is a company that I am proud to say I work for and is a great choice for job seekers looking for a challenging opportunity in the staffing world.

Cons

It would be nice to have offices in other locations outside of Tulsa and Houston.

"Worker beware"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Houston, TX

I worked at The Rowland Group (More than a year)

Pros

Hard to find any Pros

Cons

Terrible Management - 100% Turnover