The Scienomics Group Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "I love my job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at The Scienomics Group full-time

Pros

Teamwork, expertise, great company culture, lively, passion for excellence, innovative, great leadership

Cons

some could see open floor plan as a con, but I think it improves the atmosphere of the office

Advice to Management

Encourage more organization

Mar 31, 2017 – President

I love reading that you love your job. Indeed, our San Francisco office has a thriving team and culture. I’m thrilled that you love the new space!

2. "Challenging and Rewarding"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Greenwich, CT
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Greenwich, CT

I have been working at The Scienomics Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Since joining the company I've been consistently challenged and developed. I've been promoted twice and my career path has been clearly mapped out for me. As the company is growing, I feel there is a lot of opportunity for me here.

Overall, this is a place where you get out of it what you put in. Management give you lots of flexibility in how you work, but hold everyone accountable for their results. The culture that surrounds all of that is casual, relaxed and fun, yet simultaneously very serious and committed to the work.

Cons

The company has been growing fast, and it feels like it takes a long time to hire new people into open positions.

Advice to Management

People here love the culture- do everything you can to maintain it. While I respect your financial model, you are sometimes too slow to hire. I think we can grow even faster if you get out ahead of the hiring curve!

Mar 31, 2017 – President

Thank you for your positive review! I'm very pleased to hear that you've been challenged and rewarded in your time here. I'll do everything within my power to preserve the culture- you are right ... More

3. "Workin it!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwich, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwich, CT

I have been working at The Scienomics Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company is always working to re-evaluate how they have done and where they are headed. Open to criticism just as much as praise. Rare to find in a company that is part of such a huge empire.

Cons

Still tough to scale teams to accommodate the changing business volume and clients.

Advice to Management

Keep working to grow from within, cut the deadweight no one wants and the complainers who detract from making things happen! There are a lot of really great people here!

Sep 20, 2016 – President

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of TSG. You are correct, our leadership team is always open to new ideas and suggestion. The diversity of people and backgrounds at TSG is key to our ... More

"Growing the right way"

Current Employee - Account Director in Greenwich, CT
    Current Employee - Account Director in Greenwich, CT

I have been working at The Scienomics Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is growing and is hiring some great people. Great mix of scientific, account and creative people now. Growth has also created opportunities for entry level employees to gain experience and the opportunity to get promoted.

Cons

Company and its clients expect a lot from people. Sometimes work/life balance has to give way to the demands of the job.

Advice to Management

Keep building strong teams.

Jul 26, 2016 – President

Thank you for your positive review. Our people are at the core of everything we do at TSG. It is very reaffirming to read a review that indicates that we're on the right track.

6. "Good Place to work at"

Current Employee - Speaker Bureau Coordinator in Greenwich, CT

I have been working at The Scienomics Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Teams, good atmosphere and management tries to get you involved in things and to feel free to speak your mind, positive and negative, good parties and happy hours

Cons

Easily being overlooked because of other people who 'kiss up',

Advice to Management

Have more one-on-one's with the people.

Nov 6, 2015 – President

Thank you for your positive review. I'm pleased to hear that you are enjoying your role, the team and the culture at TSG. You're call for more one-on-ones is very reasonable. Though I try my best, I ... More

7. "Part of a strong team"

Current Employee - Bureau in Greenwich, CT
    Current Employee - Bureau in Greenwich, CT

I have been working at The Scienomics Group (More than a year)

Pros

As others have stated in their recent reviews, it is great to be a part of a company that is growing and thriving. There's a strong sense of team and a winning culture within each of the 3 TSG offices (CT, NJ and CA). Comp and benefits are good. Diverse perspectives are valued, and management means what they say about having an open door. Opportunities for development are strong given the company's upward growth trend.

Cons

The three offices are somewhat disconnected. Departments also tend to function is their own silos. To be honest, I don't really know some of the people that work in my office.

Advice to Management

Mix up the teams a bit more-- provide people the opportunity to learn from other departments and understand what is happening in each of the 3 offices.

Aug 11, 2015 – President

Thank you for your review. I am heartened by the number of references made to our team-oriented culture in these postings! As TSG continues to grow, it will be a priority to maintain the cultural ... More

8. "Positive learning environment"

Former Employee - Medical Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Medical Associate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at The Scienomics Group full-time

Pros

Overall great bunch of people to work with. Mentoring and peer development provided.

Cons

Too many projects with not enough personnel. Looming deadlines tend to lead to chaos, depending on the project lead. Compensation is poor.

Advice to Management

As the company is growing, management needs to acknowledge that there is a need for better structure.

Aug 11, 2015 – President

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am pleased to read that you are enjoying the people you work with and have a positive outlook for TSG. We’re working diligently to ensure that ... More

9. "Company culture is fantastic, It's like a home away from home."

Current Employee - Speaker Bureau Coordinator in Greenwich, CT

I have been working at The Scienomics Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, Smart leadership, Keeps you busy & motivated

Cons

Pay for coordinators if hired permanently is salary based & should be hourly

Advice to Management

With the growth of business you must staff accordingly. Don't slip up on this because it caused a major drop in service.

Aug 11, 2015 – President

Wow- a home away from home… very flattering. I’m also really happy to hear that you’re challenged and motivated in your role. Everyone’s function here is extremely valuable to our company’s success ... More

"During my time at Scienomics I had many positive experiences and made great friends."

Former Employee - Meeting Manager in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Meeting Manager in Stamford, CT

I worked at The Scienomics Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was responsible for meeting logistics in my position. I learned a great deal about meeting planning, venues and the work that it takes to create successful medical education meetings. I enjoyed many of my co-workers and made some great lasting friend ships while I was there.

Cons

Management was splintered and at times there were too many chiefs. Without direct leadership it was difficult to understand what management desired. It created circumstances where there was an imbalance of work equity. As I understand it there was also mismanagement at the top of the company that resulted in a loss of income for the company. This resulted in widespread layoffs. Hopefully this has been corrected.

Advice to Management

Equity of work is important. Also, when there are multiple complaints from staff on the front lines regarding the automated call system they should be taken seriously. Technology is great but a pact of understanding needs to be made between those implementing the system and those that have to use it. This can be applied to any new processes implemented by management.

11. "Great"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Pros

Very laid back environment to work in

Cons

Job included being on-call until 11pm.

Advice to Management

Follow through with compensations promised