The Shape of Behavior RBT Reviews | Glassdoor

The Shape of Behavior RBT Reviews

Updated Mar 6, 2019

1.8
The Shape of Behavior Founder & CEO Dr. Domonique Randall (no image)
Dr. Domonique Randall

"Wonderful Place to Work"

Current Employee - RBT in Greenville, SC

I have been working at The Shape of Behavior full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hour Lunch Break, Friendly staff, Helpful Corporate Office

Cons

Not enough PTO, items in the clinic tend to be on the cheaper side, NO OVERTIME.

Advice to Management

Spend a little more money on quality items in the clinic, offer more opportunities for PTO and overtime.

The Shape of Behavior2018-04-08

"Everything was great until Bluesprig"

Current Employee - RBT in Katy, TX

I have been working at The Shape of Behavior full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Immediate team members and supervisors are phenomenal -Communication with upper level staff and onsite management is great -Easy Hours

Cons

-Bluesprig bought The Shape as a company and we there is no communication with that part management -Lowest pay offered in ABA as RBT in the Houston area -No paid holidays off -No days off during XMAS or summer

Advice to Management

Onsite management is great. Corporate needs to consider communicating possible changes to staff, shed some hope on pay raises and bonuses.

The Shape of Behavior2019-02-13

"Stay Away it wil be a waste of time!"

Former Employee - RBT in Houston, TX

I worked at The Shape of Behavior part-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with the children is the only benefit.

Cons

The company schedules your work hours as if you were an independent contractor( which you are not), and you will never get 40 hours a week. Your hours will be based on how many clients they have and you will be scheduled around the client's availability. If a client doesn't make it to the facility for the day, guess what? You won't get paid. They only want you there when the client is there so that the insurance companies are paying for your wages and not them. In the beginning you will go through a 2 week training period where you will get 40 hours a week working from 8 to 5 Monday thru Friday with a 1 hour lunch each day, but that will change. Your hours and lunch times will start to vary ( example Monday 9:15-9:30 admin time 9:30-10:30 1:1 therapy (10:30 -11:00 lunch) 11:00 - 2:00 1:1 therapy 2:00 - 4:00 1:1 therapy 4:00-4:30 janitorial work. Tuesday off , Wednesday a half a day etc.) The management is totally unorganized and takes their frustrations out on the RBTs. Management also makes things up as they goalong with no formal meetings about the subject at matter. There is entirely too much to write about so apply at your own risk.

Advice to Management

NONE

The Shape of Behavior2019-03-07

Former Employee - RBT

I worked at The Shape of Behavior full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working with the kids can be incredibly rewarding.

Cons

You will be micromanaged like you cannot even imagine! Very little incentive to work hard so the people that do work hard are overworked, unappreciated, and ultimately leave the company with poor, lazy employees who don’t care as long as they get paid. The pay is awful, and there are very few opportunities for any sort of career growth. You will either be short staffed or sent to other clinics to help, despite the fact that you know nothing about the kids there, and everyone should be trained on each kids behavior plan. Corporate will be of absolutely no help, nor will they offer any support for your needs. They will ask that you relay your issues to the manager of your clinic and you will likely never hear back from them. Between your manager, BCBA’s, and your gazillion bosses at corporate you will hear a million different ways that one thing is supposed to be done and then be punished for doing what you were told. Work-life balance is non-existent at the shape.

Advice to Management

Leave and let people who are more qualified run this place. Stop hiring from within because everyone who is promoted gets their job based on favoritism.

The Shape of Behavior2018-05-23

"Too big of a corporate"

Current Employee - RBT in Houston, TX

I have been working at The Shape of Behavior full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Rewarding field of work, work hard on the children's goals

Cons

Poor communication between corporate and multiple locations Human resources makes rules as they go, there has been so many changes and when you communicate with them about policies, they give you a generic answer and the run around Some staff members don't know what ABA really is Not a one to one environment

Advice to Management

Do more to keep your qualified caring staff

The Shape of Behavior2018-04-12

"Terrible place to work."

Former Employee - RBT in Beaumont, TX

I worked at The Shape of Behavior full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Therapists work well together, health insurance offered.

Cons

HR doesn’t take complaints seriously (or at all), therapists are over criticized and disrespected in most clinics I’ve been in. Extensive travel was required but we were illegally not paid for travel time and this was not disclosed upon hiring. Rules change with how the manager feels that day, therapists aren’t allowed to speak truthfully to parents.

The Shape of Behavior2018-04-18

Former Employee - RBT in Spring, TX

I worked at The Shape of Behavior full-time for more than a year

Pros

The patients we cared for were the best thing about my job

Cons

Management played favorites, Communication was poor at my place, hard work would be criticized rather than rewarded, etc. At my company, they made us work in our building despite the fact that half of it was unusable (falling ceiling tiles and dangling wires). We didn’t have an Readily available BCBA in our location, so half the time we would make up supervision hours just to make the quota. It’s a shady place to work for. And you don’t get paid for holidays if you don’t show up to work the day before you go on break, or the day after the holiday break. Once, I showed up to work the day after, but I only worked until 1, so I didn’t get paid for the holiday. That is an unfair payment plan and that should be changed.

Advice to Management

Fix your business. You may stop getting bad reviews then

The Shape of Behavior2017-12-23

Former Employee - RBT in San Antonio, TX

I worked at The Shape of Behavior full-time for less than a year

Pros

The kids! The management really does try to work with you Corporate is nice and understanding I honestly wish I had more pros to add.

Cons

Burn out rate is super high Low pay Not enough sick days ABA model should be modified Functional living skills were not addressed (a lot of DTT)

Advice to Management

I waited a while to write a review, but I am hoping that enough negatives will have an impact on the management and hopefully things will change for employees and the sweet kids that attend this clinic. The overall attitude of this clinic was negative. I did not see any of my clients progress, which is discouraging when you work so hard. Therapists did not receive a lot of direct supervision. Therapists are constantly sick, but encouraged to go to work anyways. It is a poor ABA model, and more naturalistic teaching should be implemented. Only one BCBA intern is allowed, and multiple people were in school to further their careers, but unable to acquire hours.

The Shape of Behavior2018-01-26

Current Employee - RBT

I have been working at The Shape of Behavior full-time for less than a year

Pros

Patients Patients Patients Patients Everything else about the company is sub-par

Cons

Poor Management Random new rules Not Patient centered Pay is below average

Advice to Management

Place the patients and the therapist first and you may have a successful company. Otherwise you will continue to lose kids and therapist to better ABA therapy location. Do not work for this company or send your child to this company. The company has no respect for its employees and that sadly trickles down to the level of care provided to the patients. Rules are arbitrary and constantly change. The only pros have to do with the patients. You develop a bond with them but it is unfortunate that the company does not care about them or their employees. There are many other sensory friendly and child focus clinics to work or take your child to. No in house BCBA at many locations and your child really does not get one on one care.

The Shape of Behavior2017-10-20

"Tired RBT"

Former Employee - RBT in Houston, TX

I worked at The Shape of Behavior full-time for less than a year

Pros

The kids are the best part, and the co-workers if you get along with them. They are desperately hiring people.

Cons

Long work schedule with minimum breaks, lack of recognition, lack of growth, favoritism, out of touch cooperate, will always give negative feedback, strict policy, inconsistent and lack of independence.

Advice to Management

Let the clinics decide what their employees and clients need. Having everyone do the same thing doesn't benefit everyone.

The Shape of Behavior2017-10-18