The Siegfried Group Reviews | Glassdoor

The Siegfried Group Reviews

Updated December 3, 2017

Full-timePart-time

3.2
The Siegfried Group Founder & CEO Rob Siegfried Jr.
Rob Siegfried Jr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Better work-life balance than Public Accounting (in 4 reviews)

• The Siegfried Group offers many interesting and challenging opportunities working with high profile Fortune 1000 companies (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • It's not really a good fit for people who want more work/life balance (in 5 reviews)

• big 4 company said we will never work with these guys again (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"My Career Journey"

I have been working at The Siegfried Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Siegfried has provided me with many different career opportunities as a Resource and now as a Leadership member. Each of these opportunities has allowed me to develop and hone new skills. Also, the people I work with are great. The people are close with one-an-other and work together as a team.

Cons

If someone enjoys the stability of staying at the same office every day, then you may want to consider a different work environment.

"Fantastic Culture"

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Wilmington, DE
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Wilmington, DE

I worked at The Siegfried Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The Siegfried Group has been a solid career choice for me. As for myself personally, I've gained important leadership skills as the company pushes these values on each and every employee. My technical skills didn't really move at all unfortunately. The position has been a very amicable employment opportunity for 5+ years for myself personally. I would recommend this company to anybody looking for an opportunity to learn about leadership and culture, with a only few strings. It's not for everyone, but if you can embrace the culture and enjoy some of the values that are resonated, you can be successful. The work isn't always the hard part at The Siegfried Group, it more about being able to embrace the culture and being able to participate in what the company offers, even if it's mandatory on weekends and you may not necessarily agree to all of the values being conveyed.

Cons

Technology advances are starting to outpace the company's ability to keep up.

There are many off site events that do not necessarily help each and every department.

Advice to Management

Be willing to add headcount to operations. There are many perspectives out there and the company can benefit from adding fresh ideas to support the firm's growth.

"Great opportunity for personal and professional growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at The Siegfried Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very entrepreneurial firm which promotes personal and professional growth. Employees have an input in the accounting/finance projects they are deployed on, the firm promotes personal growth through My Journey, good work life balance, very generous bonus plan which compensates individuals based on their efforts, and a very impressive list of clients. Would highly recommend this for someone who is ready to leave public accounting/industry and is looking to experience a variety of accounting and finance opportunities.

Cons

As stated above, this is a perfect opportunity for someone looking to experience a variety of accounting and finance projects. This is not the right opportunity for someone who is not flexible and only interested in one type of project.

"Unique Firm and Tons of Opportunity"

I have been working at The Siegfried Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very unique model where professionals can get wide array of experience in finance and accounting. Can be very lucrative as well.

Cons

Would prefer more Finance and Transaction-related opportunities. Many of the roles are solely accounting-based, depending on which city you're in.

"TSG Review"

Current Employee - Associate Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at The Siegfried Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great variety of roles and work experiences. Great incentives

Cons

I don't feel there are cons

"Not Worth it!"

I worked at The Siegfried Group full-time

Pros

- They offer a lot of incentives that is the only USP of this firm
    - They give you a lot of money to socialize and plan events to fine and wine which anyone will enjoy

Cons

- They have many ways that they use to lure people to join them such as money, big projects like Mergers and Acquisitions, IPO readiness and so on but when you join the firm, you only are put on projects which are mundane and not making you put your technical knowledge to any use such as - Bank Reconciliations, analysis of data in MS Excel using advance functions, documentation clear up, clearing up of review comments addressed to some client personnel. The most you could get is a SOX project which is the bread and butter of the firm. Most of the persons join here from Big Fours who want to step away from auditing and need a work life balance but end up doing the same type of work and hours
    - Since the client does the review of the Siegfried resources, you might end up in a situation when a bunch of incompetent people will be writing your review and there will be no support from the Siegfried's management
    - On an average about a 100 employees stays on the bench (unassigned) each week which will make you think about your job security. I agree that people would love to take money for sitting idle but it will pinch you when you are unable to add any experience to your resume for the period you are employed with Siegfried
    - They hire so aggressively only because they have such a high attrition rate due to employee dissatisfaction
    - The CEO use most quirky language when addressing the employees in the company forum and he is all about himself and not about the employees. (It is not a people's firm)

"Great place to grow your career (but not for everyone)"

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at The Siegfried Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Variety of work (and some really good exciting projects)
    Great compensation plan
    Better work-life balance than Public Accounting
    Mostly really good clientele (Fortune 1000)

Cons

Need to be really flexible in regards to project selection
    Don't get to specialize in any one area
    Ability to travel is certainly a plus (in and around metro area) and out of town when needed

Advice to Management

Make project selection a more collaborative process

"Cult"

Former Employee - Former Employee
    Former Employee - Former Employee

I worked at The Siegfried Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Travel, if you like to travel, but it consists of sitting in a room listening to a cult leader

Cons

Cult-like atmosphere where management and other employees are constantly judging you in EVERY aspect- personally and professionally.

"My experience"

Former Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at The Siegfried Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Pay and bonus incentives are great.
    -They will wine and dine you which I really enjoyed.

Cons

-They will push you to travel if the market you are in doesn't have a lot of projects for you to be on (Choosing No Travel, doesn't mean squat!). If you say you don't want to travel, they will accuse you of being inflexible and eventually they will ask you to leave. If you have a family, this is not the place to be.
    -Leadership will lie to your face.
    -Turnover for the firm is very high.
    -Projects are very mundane (bank reconciliation, reconciliation clean up, etc.) so if you are looking to progress in your career, this is not the place to be.
    -Firm events, business development expectations, and administration tasks along with the required 48+ billable hours and 1,920hrs total billable requirements are too much!

"Senior Associate"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at The Siegfried Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Pay and bonus structure is good compared to the market
    - Projects can be diverse and interesting
    - Working for fortune 500 can help build resume

Cons

- Management expects a lot and is adding more and more mundane seemingly useless tasks on the regular
    - Projects can be stagnant and boring depending on the assignment
    - Clients can be extremely demanding and treat you poorly as you're a consultant

Advice to Management

- Check yourselves before you wreck yourselves
    - Rob needs to chill