Found 2,916 of over 5K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The people are great for the most part and the job is not too hard" (in 288 reviews)
- "Benefits are good if you are an associate however health insurance offered by the company is not the best." (in 225 reviews)
- "Work life balance is good" (in 180 reviews)
- "Great and flexible hours." (in 180 reviews)
- "Family culture that is great for young professionals looking to get experience in a variety of fields." (in 176 reviews)
- "Pay is low and change is slow" (in 291 reviews)
- "Poor management especially with the store manager" (in 230 reviews)
- "The people all suck and managers don't care" (in 171 reviews)
- "Low salaries and unless you are a favorite of an executive promotions never happen!!" (in 91 reviews)
- "Upper management is out of touch, doesn't attend meetings, and is apathetic to the stress they are putting on lower level employees." (in 44 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of The TJX Companies, Inc. and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEWOct 3, 2023Data AnalystCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearMarlborough, MA
I've not worked at TJX for long, but I've already made some great connections and met wonderful people amongst my team.
I have noticed no cons as of yet
- 5.0Sep 18, 2023Retail Sales AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearNew Orleans, LA
-401 k -benefits for full time employees -paid vacation days -sick leave and hazard pay
-long hours -pay not the best
- 1.0Nov 22, 2023Merchandise AssistantFormer Employee, less than 1 yearFramingham, MA
Hybrid schedule, exposure to a fortune 100 business. Training programs will give you exceptional skills.
My supervisor was very unprofessional and incompetent - breaking labor laws consistently. I was forced to work off the clock despite being an hourly employee. I was once denied me a break all day. My supervisor gave me panic attacks multiple times. She denied me my PTO. I was yelled at multiple times. After speaking up I was micro managed to the point of harassment. When I went to HR they essentially told me to quit. It was genuinely a terrible experience. Some MA’s are placed with a great supervisor and have a great experience. I left and found a position in planning at a competitor and they value me much more.
- 1.0Oct 18, 2023PackerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearMemphis, TN
*Cookouts for almost every holiday *Instant vacation approval
Everything the work, pay, non-working co-workers, favoritism, non-working not a care in the world HR, they don't work with you when you having car troubles, quick to fire a lot of people for not that big of a deal things meanwhile people literally not doing any work hiding out are still employed, CHEAP, charges for lost badge, "benefits" sucks big time you have to pay for majority of it out of your check before even receiving your check (co pay allowance included) making your check really small forcing you to work overtime every week (when they allow it) just to make the same amount you were making when you were hired before the "benefits" kicked in, you have to race for parking spaces or come hours early just to get a parking space closest to the door because there's only one entry and it's a huge building, too many speed bumps, no grace period for start time, only gives you 8 hours of sick time every 2 months for a 10 hour shift 😑, very very limited amount of no fault time which is what you use if you have to leave early or can't make it to work when you don't have any vacation time, unused vacation time doesn't roll over and you don't get paid for it either and you have to take and use it before peak season starts..
- 4.0Oct 11, 2023Customer Experience Coordinator (CEC)Current Employee, less than 1 yearVienna, VA
- Great opportunities to get promoted - Able to move up the company to corporate - Easy job as long as you like talking to people no matter their mood - Always working on something, never a dull moment. - Management is usually pretty good - Full Time Benefits - Dental, Vision, 401k, etc. - A lot of paid/bonus holidays where you get paid if you're full time and if you work you get time and a half instead of regular pay)
- Low hourly wage ($13-$14 for associates & $15-16 for coordinators ASM and Manager $20-25) - Expected to push TJX Credit Cards every day, may not be easy for some people and depends on the store as well. - Little flexibility when working full time. - Almost no confidentiality, never tell anything you wouldn't want someone to know because they will find out.
- 4.0Nov 16, 2023Senior AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearFramingham, MA
- The people/ the relationship-building and networking opportunities - The training program -Summer Friday's - The benefits
- Being overworked -Unrealistic expectations - Not competitive pay
- 4.0Nov 19, 2023ARRC CoordinatorCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearNashville, TN
Availability to move up and receive proper training with diverse experience. Good benefits and generally competitive pay
Every company has some grey areas, typical annoying and inconvenient struggles, nothing super bad.
- 1.0Nov 18, 2023Merchandise AssociateCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearHouston, TX
Free coffee and snacks, most of the time.
Pay is s***, getting enough hours to overcome the low wage is impossible, the employee discount is an insult (especially given the volume of sales), management is largely ineffective and most are generally incompetent, corporate culture is lame and fake.
- 2.0Nov 28, 2023Customer Experience Coordinator (CEC)Former Employee, more than 5 yearsOak Ridge, TN
Semi-flexible schedule as long as it's not weekends you're requesting off.
Management does not communicate with each other or all store associates. Usually different directives from each manager that contradict each other.
The TJX Companies, Inc. Reviews FAQs
The TJX Companies, Inc. has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 5,301 reviews left anonymously by employees. 66% of employees would recommend working at The TJX Companies, Inc. to a friend and 71% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
66% of The TJX Companies, Inc. employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated The TJX Companies, Inc. 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.