The Tauri Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Cos DiMaggio

1. "I couldn't ask for a better place to work"

Current Employee - Contracts Manager in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Contracts Manager in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at The Tauri Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexibility. As a full time employee and a mother of a young child, it's hard to find the right balance, but Tauri has worked with me every step of the way, between schedule flexibility, telecommuting, and the understanding of an employer whose top executives are also parents. I've been here for 10 years and I don't have any desire to look elsewhere.

Inclusive Culture. Working for a company where I have direct access to the owners is invaluable. I get to take any concerns I might have or ideas for improvement straight to the top - and the management team listens. I am treated as an equal in a shared mission of success and quality performance.

Experiential Opportunities for Growth. The company has different teams, including top executives, do brown bag sessions that are open to all Tauri personnel - to explain different projects, varying job functions, opening better and more effective lines of communications between work groups, etc. It is a very collaborative environment, and it helps offsite/telecommuting staff to feel more included.

Cons

It is sometimes difficult for employees that have come from very rigid hierarchically structured jobs to settle into the notion of inclusive culture and open communication. Once/if they do - it helps the overall environment, and improves the quality of the work and work interactions tremendously.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work - and consider additional opportunities for infrastructure staff to become involved in contract performance!

2. "Independent Company with Independent Staff"

Current Employee - Program Analyst in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at The Tauri Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I left a more traditional, "group think" type of government consulting company to come to Tauri. I was told during my interviews that Tauri "treats you like an adult", and it is very true. It is clear from the people you work with and talk to in the halls that Tauri hires smart people who can be trusted to make smart decisions. No micro-managing necessary, and everyone is too busy anyway. The best part is that this philosophy is evident at all levels. If you have a skillset or an idea you think could be useful, then it is very likely that will be appreciated and acted upon.

Like any government consulting company, there are periods with more stress than others. But overall the environment at Tauri is refreshingly self-reliant and client/project/quality-focused - and you don't waste half of your time worrying about adhering to internal formatting or dogmatic strictures.

Cons

If you are the type of person who wants to be tasked and managed, or who needs constant reassurance, you likely are looking in the wrong place. Tauri is very open to training and supporting personnel, but you have to take it upon yourself to plan and ask. They could certainly be more deliberate with training and developing younger staff.

3. "All-star"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at The Tauri Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Support to expand into whatever line of business you desire

Cons

Flat organization can be a challenge

4. "Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Program Analyst in Alexandria, VA

Pros

Tauri puts a strong emphasis on not just filling a slot, but hiring the right person. This philosophy creates an environment to groom their employees through mentor-mentee relationships that allows for hands-on work with project tasks. Their view that a well-rounded employee in the end creates a better product for their clients is why they push and encourage further education. This has given me the opportunity to purse both a filling career as well as my master’s. This flexibility is uncommon to other companies I’ve worked for, and truly shows the confidence Tauri has in their employees.

Cons

Tauri is still an expanding company, which means that it still has to go through growing pains in regards to its structure. While a flat organization may have worked when is was smaller, as it gets bigger there will need to be a restructuring to allow for employment growth opportunities within the company.

5. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Program Analyst in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at The Tauri Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tauri is an employee centered company. The CEO makes it clear that he wants to hire the best employees and that that will translate into great product for clients. Because of that, the company culture is one where you are treated like an adult, expected to produce top quality work, and given every advantage possible to support that work. As one of the company's younger hires, I can also say that there is a lot of opportunity for employees to shape their own futures. Instead of a strictly hierarchical organization that values loyalty/seniority over everything else, Tauri makes it clear that if you are willing to seek opportunities to bring business and succeed, age/gender/experience/connections are not going to hold you back at all.

Tauri offers very competitive compensation and benefits, and encourages employees to routinely give feedback to management on ways to improve even more. The company also values employee's work-life balance believing that happier employees are more productive employees.

Cons

Our client is the federal government. Sometimes, even fantastic work goes unrecognized because the program/entity within the government can't afford to continue funding a project. Sometimes, government clients force you to provide a sub-optimal solution because of internal/external pressures that don't have anything to do with the correct solution. This, however, is true in any company in the industry. One thing you won't find everywhere? While Tauri recognizes that the client ultimately makes the decisions, the company will never pressure its PMs to offer sub-optimal solutions because its easier. They are encouraged to solve tough problems, and only when the client has been made aware of all the analysis and recommendations does Tauri say that its time to step back and do as the client wants. That level of integrity is becoming rarer and rarer in the contracting world.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Fantastic Company"

Former Employee - Senior Program Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Program Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at The Tauri Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

One of the best companies I have ever come across. The partners openly and willingly share company information and decisions with all employees. The input and ideas of every employee are welcomed. The knowledge, experience and quality of the employees is unsurpassed. The Tauri culture is superb.

Cons

There is nothing negative to say about the Tauri Group.

Advice to Management

With regard to employee interactions, don't change a thing. You are doing it the right way.

7. "Program Analyst"

Current Employee - Program Analyst in Woodbridge, VA
    Current Employee - Program Analyst in Woodbridge, VA

I have been working at The Tauri Group (More than a year)

Pros

Treats their employees like adults.

Cons

Little communication from the company to those who work offsite.

"They Treat You Like a Professional"

Current Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at The Tauri Group (More than 8 years)

Pros

You are treated like an asset, not a dollar sign.
    This company is all about full-disclosure with their employees. You become a trusted member of the company and every member is valued. I have found this company to be gender-neutral and diversity-friendly. They are dedicated to their clients; proactive and creative. As long as the customer approves, they are amenable to telecommuting. The management is down to earth and accessible.

Cons

Once you work here, your expectations about how an employee should be treated are almost too high to work for anyone else.

Advice to Management

more contact with employees.

"Fantastic company. High ethics. Great colleagues. Painful client - the US Government"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I worked at The Tauri Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Management values and trusts employees to "do the right thing" without resorting to policies and micro-management

Cons

Trying to provide great service to the Federal Government and the taxpayers is tough with all the crazy rules, regulations and incredibly outdated acquisition processes.

Advice to Management

Would love to work with you again if the opportunity arises.

"Great company culture"

I worked at The Tauri Group full-time

Pros

Everyone at Tauri is very collaborative and team-oriented. The culture was not at all hierarchical, and the partners were accessible. Initiative was welcomed and rewarded. If you see an opportunity, you can go after it. New hires are seen as an integral part of the team, and they expect you to contribute from the beginning.

Cons

Having government clients means you're often waiting around for the client agency to make decisions and react. Pace can be a bit slow.

Advice to Management

Obtain some private sector clients to balance the pace of work and keep the work more interesting.