The Tauri Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.9
Cos DiMaggio

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at The Tauri Group full-time

Pros

Allows employees to do their job to support the client without micromanaging them. They hire high caliber professionals for their skills vs. for the contract. They care about their employees.

Cons

Need more contracts. Not a lot of professional growth opportunities.

Advice to Management

Diversify and compete in different areas.

The Tauri Group Response

Sep 14, 2017 – VP, HR

Thank you for your feedback and review. We pride ourselves in raising the bar with every new hire. We value and consider all feedback and we will continue to find ways to improve.

2. "Program Analyst"

Current Employee - Program Analyst in Woodbridge, VA
    Current Employee - Program Analyst in Woodbridge, VA

I have been working at The Tauri Group (More than a year)

Pros

Treats their employees like adults.

Cons

Little communication from the company to those who work offsite.

3. "Going strong after 8 years with Tauri"

I have been working at The Tauri Group full-time

Pros

My colleagues here at Tauri are self-starters that are equally committed to providing outstanding support to our customers. Our corporate culture fosters transparency and collaboration.

Cons

I've sat here thinking about this for over five minutes, I can't think of a con.

Advice to Management

As the company continues to grow, please preserve the culture by hiring confident and capable people.

"Great group to work for"

Former Employee - Toxicologist in Frederick, MD
    Former Employee - Toxicologist in Frederick, MD

I worked at The Tauri Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people and supervisors, would recommend to others

Cons

Different locations, so sometimes hard to communicate

5. "Program Analyst"

Current Employee - Project Program Management Senior Analyst in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Project Program Management Senior Analyst in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at The Tauri Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Aspire to be a part of a very effective company that encourages critical thinking? Welcome to The Tauri Group. A small/mid-size company culture filled with exceptional industry experts that work together to take on tough analytical issues for a diverse set of clients.

Cons

If you are the kind of person who needs to be told exactly what to do and exactly when to do it this company is not for you. Self-starters wanted who seek personal and professional growth.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Interaction in this company is an honest and ongoing dialogue.

The Tauri Group Response

Sep 14, 2017 – VP, HR

I want to thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback.

6. "Balanced approach to meanginful work"

Former Employee - Program Analyst in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Program Analyst in Alexandria, VA

I worked at The Tauri Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Senior management is transparent. Leadership empowers everyone to built rapport with clients from day one. Opportunities to move around after proven contributions. Work life balance.

Cons

Limited industry/contracts to choose from. Some minor quirks with the profit-sharing.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent with shifting business needs and strategy.

7. "Best company I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at The Tauri Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It is a company where there are interesting problems to work on, a place where people are treated with respect and like responsible adults. The owners are smart, kind, and care about their people and about doing great work for the clients. I've never worked somewhere where they spend so much time each year carefully exploring benefits packages to try to make sure their people are well taken care of. You can actually sit down with the CEO and talk about your career goals, and he listens and gives great advice, and will do whatever he can to assist you in that direction. Such a great company with great people to work with!

Cons

Look, no place is perfect. Companies are made up of people and sometimes people make mistakes, or have a bad day. But I'd say there is only a few minor issues like this every once in a while -- no large scale systemic problems, which is unusual for a company, of any size.

"I couldn't ask for a better place to work"

Current Employee - Contracts Manager in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Contracts Manager in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at The Tauri Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexibility. As a full time employee and a mother of a young child, it's hard to find the right balance, but Tauri has worked with me every step of the way, between schedule flexibility, telecommuting, and the understanding of an employer whose top executives are also parents. I've been here for 10 years and I don't have any desire to look elsewhere.

Inclusive Culture. Working for a company where I have direct access to the owners is invaluable. I get to take any concerns I might have or ideas for improvement straight to the top - and the management team listens. I am treated as an equal in a shared mission of success and quality performance.

Experiential Opportunities for Growth. The company has different teams, including top executives, do brown bag sessions that are open to all Tauri personnel - to explain different projects, varying job functions, opening better and more effective lines of communications between work groups, etc. It is a very collaborative environment, and it helps offsite/telecommuting staff to feel more included.

Cons

It is sometimes difficult for employees that have come from very rigid hierarchically structured jobs to settle into the notion of inclusive culture and open communication. Once/if they do - it helps the overall environment, and improves the quality of the work and work interactions tremendously.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work - and consider additional opportunities for infrastructure staff to become involved in contract performance!

9. "Independent Company with Independent Staff"

Current Employee - Program Analyst in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Program Analyst in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at The Tauri Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I left a more traditional, "group think" type of government consulting company to come to Tauri. I was told during my interviews that Tauri "treats you like an adult", and it is very true. It is clear from the people you work with and talk to in the halls that Tauri hires smart people who can be trusted to make smart decisions. No micro-managing necessary, and everyone is too busy anyway. The best part is that this philosophy is evident at all levels. If you have a skillset or an idea you think could be useful, then it is very likely that will be appreciated and acted upon.

Like any government consulting company, there are periods with more stress than others. But overall the environment at Tauri is refreshingly self-reliant and client/project/quality-focused - and you don't waste half of your time worrying about adhering to internal formatting or dogmatic strictures.

Cons

If you are the type of person who wants to be tasked and managed, or who needs constant reassurance, you likely are looking in the wrong place. Tauri is very open to training and supporting personnel, but you have to take it upon yourself to plan and ask. They could certainly be more deliberate with training and developing younger staff.

10. "All-star"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at The Tauri Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Support to expand into whatever line of business you desire

Cons

Flat organization can be a challenge