The Texican Cafe Reviews | Glassdoor

The Texican Cafe Reviews

Updated Jun 13, 2019

Found 4 reviews

2.9
  1. "Manager/ Bartender/ Server/ Banquet and Caterer"

I have been working at The Texican Cafe

Pros

Very busy and great customers

Cons

Not a lot of room to move up

The Texican Cafe2019-03-06
  2. "Corruption, Conflict of interest and traffic of influences..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at The Texican Cafe part-time for less than a year

Pros

Some people are very nice there.

Cons

That Restaurant, it's nothing but trouble, entire families working there , fathers, daugthers, cousins etc, so you will never will be welcome you better just work and keep your mounth shut, there it's bully , harrasment, sexual harrasment if you report that you are the one in the hot sit, some people there are untouchable, like that men who harrasme and bullying me , I did not know everyone saw it, there are cameras everywhere too, and it's a code of silent , even the manager kid working there doing nothing butbplay manager, some people have special treatment there the untochoubles I call them, one day I was presented my claim about been harrass and bully no only by that men but one of the servers they the managers call me to the office they proposed me to quit or been fire I remembered I say you have to be kidding me, I do not want to loser my job I just want to working in peace , please help me talk to those two people they say we give to you an excellent recomendations in paper what else you want I say my job, they say That nobody back up my allegations, I say its obvious everyone there it's family , they said that those two employee complaint too about me and they work for like 10 years with them a cooker and a server and that they believed them I am new, then I said and the cameras what the cameras are for? I am not lie they said it's over you have are not longer working here , but here it's a recimendation for you we are good people and you are a hard worker we know you will finding your dream job but not here, and they say something very extrange we just protected you, of course you know , you not allowed neither as a customer here it is a policy about that, and I said why? I did not doing nothing wrong they said our ex employees are not allow to coming here are not welcomed anymore just let you know.

Continue reading
    The Texican Cafe2019-06-14
  3. "Server"

Server in Austin, TX

I worked at The Texican Cafe for less than a year

Pros

Team oriented and fun environment!

Cons

The place is disgusting and old

The Texican Cafe2016-10-31
  4. "Not the best or worst place I've ever worked"

Former Employee - Server in Austin, TX

I worked at The Texican Cafe full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent clientele, ability to make money. This can be a great place to work if you thrive in high stress situation with a lot of tables.

Cons

Very unorganized at times. Management seemed unconcerned for the way the restaurant functioned. Not a lot of appreciation for doing your job better that average.

The Texican Cafe2014-08-05