The Tile Shop, Inc. "long hours" Reviews | Glassdoor

The Tile Shop, Inc. Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Jul 12, 2019

Found 270 reviews

2.8
Cabell Lolmaugh
Pros
  • "The company has great benefits which was a huge element for my family(in 15 reviews)

• "Tremendous opportunity for advancement, I jumped up from a sales associate to a manager in under 2 years, they truly rewards talent(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "cleaning, getting dirty, long hours(in 23 reviews)

• "Work life balance is difficult but if you ask for what you need then management will accommodate you(in 14 reviews)

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Assistant Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at The Tile Shop, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- You get paid for the work you put in - Beautiful Showrooms - Supportive Management - Corporate listens to advice, looks to improve on many aspects - On top of, and even forecast trends in tile. - Absolutely no ceiling for promotion...well maybe CEO but who knows. - Ridiculous Amount of Benefits. - Have completely revamped Pro Loyalty System that puts competition to shame.

Cons

-You can have some pretty long hours. -Sometimes inconsistent schedule that can really wear on your sleep cycle. - The Distribution Centers sometimes do not send orders, or send the wrong amount which can mess up your customer's orders. - Only Store Managers receive a salary. AM's only get a bonus if they hit their own plan, and the store hits its plan as well. The pay is...

Advice to Management

I have been with The Tile Shop for quite a while now. I have seen it at what I believe to be its worst, and have watched it slowly raise back up to a place where I love to work. The strides you are making to improve our brand, individual stores, and the products that we offer are all going in the right direction. My only advice is to keep listening to us like you have been.

The Tile Shop, Inc.2018-09-12
  2. "The Stress"

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at The Tile Shop, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Opportunity for advancement Incentives for reaching quotas Managers are flexible

Cons

It is a subsidy type pay plan , you don’t have to pay it back but they will fire you once you reach a certain amount. Long hours and you work ever weekend including a early Saturday meeting.

The Tile Shop, Inc.2018-04-29

"Senior Design Associate"

Former Employee - Senior Design Associate in Lombard, IL

I worked at The Tile Shop, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Potential to earn a lot, assisting with designs, managers are your friend until they aren’t hitting numbers

Cons

Long hours, contractors and customers contacting you on your days off-otherwise you’d miss out on a sale, poor system to give credit where necessary, too much competition, sales goals being shoved down your throat, not hourly plus commission, no paid overtime, managers don’t give you the time off you are entitled to

Advice to Management

If someone works their tail off, don’t fill their heads with reasons why they aren’t good enough. Not everyone is a car salesman- not everyone likes to be referred to as pushy.

The Tile Shop, Inc.2018-03-07

"Great opportunity to work and grow with the company"

I have been working at The Tile Shop, Inc. part-time

Pros

money, great people, great coworkers, promotions

Cons

cleaning, getting dirty, long hours

The Tile Shop, Inc.2018-01-18

"horrible place to work"

Former Employee - Commissioned Sales Associate

I worked at The Tile Shop, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

absolutely nothing to comment on

Cons

Long hours; draw scheduled commission; unless you make goal, expect no money

Advice to Management

Have your managers go through sensitivity training. After I was hired, my manager said to me," I only hired you because I thought you were 35." Then I was told," I expect more from you because you are the oldest person here." Can you say lawsuit? Every day I was yelled at my manager- (verbal abuse) he made other employees cry, smoked in the warehouse and HE got promoted. Just because you like a person is no valid...

The Tile Shop, Inc.2017-10-16

"Do Not Waste Your Time"

Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at The Tile Shop, Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people, store manager level and under.

Cons

Upper management does not care about you, no matter how hard you work or dedicate yourself with loyalty and honesty. Long hours, cleaning bathrooms and showroom required with no appreciation. Stores blamed for problems in the industry or market. Constant pressure with little to no reward.

Advice to Management

Hold yourself accountable for the way you treat Store Managers and store level staff. Hold yourself accountable for the way you allow Regional Managers to treat your Store level Management and staff. Hold yourself accountable for issues and challenges within the industry. You are allowing a culture of unhappy, burned out employees and managers that feel unappreciated and undervalued. You are allowing hard working,...

The Tile Shop, Inc.2017-10-16

"Could Be Better"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at The Tile Shop, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

You will learn a lot about tile installation. Porcelain ceramic cement tile and natural stone!!! Its a good job if you want to develop speaking skills and sales skills!

Cons

Very long hours expect to work more than 40 hours in week. They do not have enough advertising so you have to somehow create your own leads. Sometimes the store can be empty for hours and since the job is commission based you are not getting paid for that. You are in charge of cleaning the showroom bathrooms break room and loading your own customers so be ready to learn how to...

The Tile Shop, Inc.2017-09-13
      • "It is nice to make extra money when it is busy"

Current Employee - Design/Sales Consultant in Saint Peters, MO

I have been working at The Tile Shop, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere. Control your own paycheck. Come up with your own design ideas. Work with professional installers and designers. Get off at 6 on Saturday and Sundays

Cons

If you do not make you sales goal you will go into subsidy and have to pay the company back out of your next paycheck. Long hours.

The Tile Shop, Inc.2017-06-06

"why"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at The Tile Shop, Inc. full-time

Pros

good money when busy, nice co workers

Cons

long hours, manager was rude and a know it all no pay when dead

The Tile Shop, Inc.2017-06-24
      • "Life changer"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Penndel, PA

I have been working at The Tile Shop, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great salary. Competitive wages. Grow within the company. Room for advancement. The Tile Shop has given me the opportunity to completely change my life.

Cons

Long hours. Advertising is done at corporate level not at the store level. Would be nice to have input into this.

Advice to Management

More freedom for localized advertising

The Tile Shop, Inc.2017-02-18