The Toro Company Reviews
83% would recommend to a friend
(286 total reviews)
Richard M. Olson
95% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great people to work and grow with as the work force is highly motivated." (in 35 reviews)
- "Good Benefits and wages Flexible with family obligations" (in 30 reviews)
- "Pays was good." (in 24 reviews)
- "Great culture and very helping subordinates and mentors" (in 19 reviews)
- "Good work life balance" (in 17 reviews)
- "Too slow for change, poor management" (in 13 reviews)
- "Upper management is a little distant sometimes." (in 6 reviews)
- "There are some managers whose behavior borders on abusive, but they're allowed to stay because it never occurs to anyone in leadership that this should be corrected." (in 4 reviews)
- "Travel, less training, minimal supervision" (in 4 reviews)
- "senior mangement and leadership did not like changes and new ideas" (in 4 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of The Toro Company and is not affected by filters.
Found 286 of over 336 reviews
Updated Dec 1, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Nov 21, 2023Industrial EngineerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearBeatrice, NE
Worked as an Engineer for the company, was satisfied with the work i was asked to do
Corporate business decisions affect daily work.
- 1.0Oct 24, 2023Assembly Line WorkerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsTomah, WI
Decent pay for the area, overtime offered, cafeteria.
Said overtime is mandatory, lots of 8 hour Saturdays, unpredictable day to day, high probability you get sent to a new line for the day where you don't know what to do and no one wants to train, ALWAYS out of parts so you wait around or go home or go to said different line, management wants more product but doesn't understand the issues, lots of people who quit the same day or same week so you have holes in lines where someone has to run 2 or 3 stations so there's more waiting, you aren't allowed to sit so it's about 6 hours of standing. There's maybe 3 lines that run smoothly, but you're lucky if you get on them because no one wants to leave the good lines.
- 4.0Sep 29, 2023R&D Data Science InternFormer EmployeeBloomington, MN
- Exciting projects in the CTRI division (R&D department) - Initiatives towards sustainability - Work-life balance - Friendly people
- Location (need own transportation, public transportation to office very poor)
- 3.0Oct 28, 2023Quality InspectorCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsShakopee, MN
Opportunities and tend to stay out of employees way.
Absolutely no accountability to anyone and this includes upper management.
- 4.0Sep 5, 2023Manufacturing AssociateFormer EmployeeWindom, MN
Consistent hours and didn’t exp a whole lot of moving around
Could use a better work environment around some stations as the workload can get strenuous
The Toro Company Reviews FAQs
The Toro Company has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 336 reviews left anonymously by employees. 83% of employees would recommend working at The Toro Company to a friend and 72% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.
83% of The Toro Company employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated The Toro Company 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.