The Trade Desk Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
The Trade Desk Founder & CEO Jeff Green
Jeff Green

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The Trade Desk is a great place to work (in 18 reviews)

• Work-life balance is supported and encouraged as well (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • we are growing very fast to be honest no cons for this (in 8 reviews)

• I would say the main issue is a work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

1. "Fantastic culture and product!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Ventura, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Ventura, CA

I have been working at The Trade Desk full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company strives to maintain a great culture. It is a fun working environment, but at the same time everyone works hard and has the same end goal in sight. I love coming to work and believe in the company and its long term plan. And the Product is stellar which is an added bonus!

Cons

No cons to date!

May 10, 2014 – VP People and Culture

Thanks for the feedback, we are committed to maintaining this culture ensuring this remains a great place to be!

"Intelligent, humble and on the cutting edge!"

Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at The Trade Desk full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Trade Desk maintains a deliberate focus, from the CEO down, on sustaining and enhancing an extraordinary company culture. You definitely have the sense when you work here that something pretty amazing is taking shape. This is an incredible combination of platform and people. On the platform side, we are shaping the future of advertising by providing the most robust, transparent, powerful and innovative technology on the market; supported by some of the brightest minds in technology and engineering. On the people side, you will find some of the most intelligent yet humble, driven yet collaborative and simply kind people you have ever met who provide the best advertising technology consulting services in the industry by a long shot. This is a place where you are valued as a person and given license to help us define the future! It is truly an extraordinary place to be.

Cons

We are a fast growing company in perhaps the fastest growing industry, so with that comes a set of challenges and that either excites or frightens you. We wear multiple hats and everyone pitches in when needed to get stuff done and we are defining things as we go If this excites you, then you may just be a great fit here. However, it is important to note that this is not a "traditional" 9a-5p type of environment where you have an exact set of well defined things to accomplish each day. So,if you need lots of structure and definition to feel comfortable then you would struggle to fit here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the deliberate commitment to our people! As many companies grow the culture decisions become focused on financials rather than the people. To-date this company has demonstrated a clear commitment to people and that is the foundation of what makes this company great. Let's keep that focus!

"Best. Company. Hands. Down. Ever."

Current Employee - Director in Ventura, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Ventura, CA

I have been working at The Trade Desk full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Where do I begin? One is fortunate enough to work an organization like this once in their career. For me, i'm incredibly happy that for me this is the second one (and even at that, incredibly better than the first). People get it here. Either we all succeed or we all fail. Approachable leadership on all levels. No pretentiousness and everyone genuinely cares about each other. Are we always happy happy go lucky with each other? No, of course note! lol. But that's actually good. It give us healthy conflict and opportunities to resolve it. In my opinion that's priceless. It's a complete meritocracy. Do you have the tenacity? The grit? The thirst? We'll help you in every way.

Cons

The only con I can think of is our growing pains. This past year we've been growing at a lightning pace and that's introduce stress points into the company. However, they're being addressed and I have full faith that we'll get over them. It's kind of our awkard teenager phase. :) Frankly, if that's our con, we're doing pretty damn well.

4. "One of the best companies I've worked for!"

I have been working at The Trade Desk full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From my first day on it’s been a pleasure to work here and I enjoy working with everyone, nice to get up in the morning and not dread going to work. Everyone has been so helpful and nice. Great balance between work and home life. I also have one of the best bosses!

Cons

I have no cons about working here so far!

5. "Great place to work"

I have been working at The Trade Desk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent co-workers, friendly environment, beautiful location

Cons

No cons...working here. Its the place to be

Aug 20, 2014 – VP People and Culture

We will keeping working hard to keep it "the place to be"! Thanks!

6. "Hands down the best place to work!"

I have been working at The Trade Desk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Trade Desk has the best people and the best product. The people here are all driven by the "we" and not the "me". The people here challenge you to work harder and think outside of the box, so if you are looking for a company where you are constantly learning, this is the place to be. Not only do we work hard, but we have fun while doing it. Our CEO, CTO, and COO have a great vision for not only The Trade Desk, but also for the industry. They are transparent with the entire team and provide amazing leadership. The Trade Desk truly cares about it's people. This is the best company I've worked for!

Cons

No cons...if you are gritty, like to work hard, and have fun, you won't be able to find a con at TTD!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

7. "Fast paced company, get to work with people who love what they do, fantastic culture"

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at The Trade Desk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The industry is growing, which means the company is growing. Lots of opportunity to make an impact even at a very junior level, and learn from the industry's smartest people. Get to work with friendly, caring and genuine people, feels very much like a family.

Cons

No 401K matching (yet), sometimes work life balance is tricky

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, maintaining the highest levels of transparency allows us builds respect and trust for senior management. Continue to build a culture where there are opportunities to contribute to the business other than from a pure revenue perspective.

8. "Optimistic, confident, funny, and driven people will love this company!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at The Trade Desk full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a great place to work! The Trade Desk is all about hiring the right people to maintain the AWESOME culture that has been established the past 4+ years. Everyone is nice, an expert at their position, and are passionate about the company's vision - and lets face it, these are the people who you will spend more time with than family, so they've got to be fun!

Since the ad tech space has been growing quickly, the company has a great onboarding (ie. training) process. They created informative videos of what The Trade Desk is all about and how our platform fits into helping power agency media buyers.

If you're looking for a long-term fit and a challenging position, apply! The company is growing, so there is plenty of opportunity for career advancement.

Exceptional benefits (health care, vacation, etc.).

Cons

There are minimal 'processes' in place, which is a good thing, but a con for me since I came from a large company- the King of processes/form. Also, they don't match any 401k.

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent with us on numbers and vision as a company. I thoroughly enjoy the weekly meetings learning about our current and future roadmap goals; nationally as well as globally.

Aug 20, 2014 – VP People and Culture

Thank you for the review! We definitely understand that our weekly meetings are a central part of keeping everyone focused on the big picture and clear on how they can contribute to our success.

9. "Finally, a home within media"

Current Employee - Director of Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director of Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The Trade Desk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am inspired, challenged and learning every single day. The whole team is gifted and I feel lucky to be a part of it. I can honestly say that we're all working towards the same goals and go the extra mile to get there daily. We work hard, play hard and love coming to work every day. Our business is growing every day because of our product and team.

Cons

The only thing that I could ask for is more training. The product advances so often that more training would be great!

Advice to Management

10. "The Trade Desk is a phenomenal team leading the way on programmatic buying and building the best of breed to do so."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Boulder, CO

I have been working at The Trade Desk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture is awesome and forefront of all our hiring, and it shows in the quality of the work environment and people in it. We have a flat structure that focuses on contribution over process. Management has the best vision of any company I've worked for, not just for the company, but the market. From an engineering perspective, we are pushing the limits of technology and working with the bleeding edge, making every day a ton of fun.

Cons

Training and mentoring is not super extensive or in-depth, which means that you need to swim or sink.

Advice to Management

Keep on trucking! We are winning and I'd credit management's excellent guidance with a large part of that.