The Training Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Maria Melfa

Pros
  • Family oriented - women owned business (in 6 reviews)

• TTA has always had an open attitude when it comes to responsibility, and if you want to grow, then you take on more roles (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of professional senior management (in 4 reviews)

• I cannot think of any cons, this really is a great place to work (in 2 reviews)

"A company to grow with"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA

I have been working at The Training Associates full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been working at this company for almost 10 years - growing from the most basic entry level position to a senior administrative staff. Anyone that says that they are stuck here hasn't seized the opportunity for themselves internally. TTA has always had an open attitude when it comes to responsibility, and if you want to grow, then you take on more roles. I've learned more working here then any of my peers in other industries. If you succeed at your new responsibilities, then you deserve the career growth. That is what has happened for me here.

Cons

Some people come and go, and don't fit in with the fast paced culture - that is expected with any company. It is for the best because the company does its best when we work as a team.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, don't be disheartened by the few that feel like they don't fit. The majority of TTA loves their work, and the company they support.

2. "Great learning experience"

Former Employee - Recruiting Manager in Westborough, MA
    Former Employee - Recruiting Manager in Westborough, MA

I worked at The Training Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a company where family values and flexibility drive the environment and culture of the organization. Being a family run business they understand and truly care about your wellbeing as an employee and they strive to make everyone happy (Not an easy feat of course).
    The company has amazing relationships, and has supported some of the biggest Corporations in the world.
    The benefits they offer for a company of that size is also remarkable….it competes with some of the biggest organizations in the country.
    This is a company where everyone has a voice, and they encourage people to speak up and make suggestions for change (Good or bad) and they adopt that change if it makes sense. If makes you feel valued in the organization

Cons

Commission plans are below market rates for staffing firms which would be ok based on all the Pro’s, however once the large checks get cut to employees they change it. Every year a new plan is rolled out

Advice to Management

My only advice to ownership! Don't be easily influenced by one executive in the company across areas of expertise out of their knowledge or background. Look at the facts and try not to make decisions on emotion or gossip. In the end, it only hurts the organization.

"I am a lifer!"

Current Employee - Director in Westborough, MA
    Current Employee - Director in Westborough, MA

I have been working at The Training Associates full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Endless opportunities!
    Great benefits and fair pay
    Family atmosphere

Cons

There really are none that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Be confident in the company you have created. When I think about the amount of time I have been with the company, the amount of people who have left on their own for other opportunities are very few.

""I LOVE MY JOB!""

Current Employee - Sales Operations Manager in Westborough, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Operations Manager in Westborough, MA

I have been working at The Training Associates full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The CEO is supportive, fun yet professional and dedicated. Great work culture. There is opportunity to enhance skills and grow within the organization. My coworkers are amazing and I've encountered nothing but brilliant, hardworking people.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons, this really is a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! The extra benefits are great for moral, and you are thinking outside of the box...meditation, nutritionist, and chair massages.

"Best Job Ever!"

Current Employee - TTA Employee in Westborough, MA
    Current Employee - TTA Employee in Westborough, MA

I have been working at The Training Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Family Oriented
    Sense of Community
    Ideas are listened to and welcomed
    Boss is fair
    Great atmosphere

Cons

You can't have someone who doesn't work at the company use the gym facility. It is great to have someone to work out with.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing :)

"Great Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA

Pros

Fantastic organization to work for! Great leadership starting from the CEO. It is a positive, collaborative and fun company to work for. Fortunate to be a part of a great company!

Cons

Some employees don't realize how fortunate they are too work for a company that offers great benefits, a great working environment and represent such a unique industry!

Advice to Management

Lead by example to your teams! Communication and listening to your employees are very important to all departments and the overall company.

7. "Best Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA

I have been working at The Training Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Caring management, flexibility, employee activities for health and well-being, great location, clean office, professional and welcoming employees, good morale. It is great to look forward to going to work every day, even on a Monday. Often genuinely personally thanked by top management and others for doing my job and doing it well, which is always great to hear.

Cons

There are really no cons to working for this company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Continue to offer activities for our health and well-being, it is nice to know that you care. You are the reason TTA is a great place to work.

"Great company with thoughtful employees"

Current Employee - Technology Training Specialist in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Technology Training Specialist in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at The Training Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good contracts and always available to address problems that may arise.

Cons

It is contract work so you can be out of work from time to time.

Advice to Management

none

"Mixed Bag"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Westborough, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Westborough, MA

I worked at The Training Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flex schedule and was able to travel.

Cons

Family owned company where children are out of touch with their own business. Lack of professional senior management. Nepotism has allowed for supermarket clerks and sweater folders to assume key roles to a CEO/President that is absent most days and when she's in she can't make a decision.

Advice to Management

Sell your company while you can

"Tta"

Current Employee - Training Consultant in Cottondale, AL
    Current Employee - Training Consultant in Cottondale, AL

I have been working at The Training Associates (More than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive day rate of pay

Cons

Fees, communication, work life balance not considered