KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

4.2
The Travel Corporation Chief Executive  Brett Tollman
Brett Tollman

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "People are nice but are overworked and underpaid(in 24 reviews)
  • "Benefits are good.(in 19 reviews)
  • "Great team to work with and lots of support.(in 12 reviews)
  • "There's a friendly, social culture, although sometimes the different brands operate in more of a silo than would be beneficial.(in 11 reviews)
  • "Good work/life balance(in 10 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

LOVE TTC - incredible people & culture

Sep 8, 2022 - People & Culture Team Member in Cypress, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

TTC genuinely cares about their people - wonderful company to work for.

Cons

No cons. Come join us and be part of the fun!

Chief People Officer

Huge thanks for your post. We are thrilled that you love working at TTC and contributing to our great culture.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Family Run and Not in a Good way

Jul 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great opportunity to travel the world and be immersed in an amazing industry. They hire people from varied backgrounds and have great starting pay (pre-pandemic).

Cons

There is a serious lack of transparency between senior management and mid/low level employees. The way they handled refunds and rebooking during and after the pandemic bordered on completely unethical. They created customer service nightmares for agencies by taking months and months to take care of refunds from canceled bookings. When they cut people hours during the travel shutdown, they still wanted to institute 5 day work weeks with severely reduced pay!

Chief People Officer

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We take all feedback very seriously and are disappointed that you felt these frustrations between the different levels of management and our customer service. As we come out of the pandemic it has been our primary goal to review all aspects of our business, including management, training and customer service and most importantly, the feedback from our employees. We are committed to creating a positive atmosphere for our employees and for creating an incredible experience for our customers. Please feel free to reach out to People and Culture if you'd like to give further feedback. Thank you.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Friendly working environment

Aug 6, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Cypress, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Employee discount on travel Remote

Cons

employee needs to be vaccinated

Chief People Officer

Thank you for your feedback. We have made note of your concern and will be addressing it with management. If you would like to discuss it further, please feel free to reach out to your manager or to the People and Culture department.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Plenty of support

Jul 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Cypress, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

So much support both technically and mentally. Always someone you can call for support or advice when you need it.

Cons

It’s a stressful industry to work in.

5. 3.0

Finance/Accounting

Jul 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Managers in my department were easy to get along with. I admired the Controllers management style. She was always friendly and helpful, even as busy as she was.

Cons

Growth opportunities are minimal and pay is low.

Chief People Officer

Thank you for your feedback. It is very important to us at TTC to provide a clear understanding of the growth opportunities that are available to every individual who works here. We are sorry to hear that we failed you in this way. We have taken note of your feedback and will make sure to do better in the future. Best of luck to you.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

There is nothing new under the sun.

May 19, 2022 - Reservations Agent in Anaheim, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of activities and employee appreciation events.

Cons

High volume and stress plus high expectations.

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Recently underwent significant restructure, fewer opportunities in Canada

Apr 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Toronto office is staffed with very caring individuals who are concerned with the well being of their employees and do their best to make people feel included.

Cons

Due to the restructure, there are few opportunities to advance within the company in this office.

HR Manager

Thank you for having been part of our fantastic team in Toronto

8. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Digital marketers should avoid at all costs

Jan 10, 2022 - Paid Media Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Travel benefits are pretty cool HR team is very nice Owners are involved in day-to-day operations Health benefits are reasonably priced and have a lot of coverage

Cons

Where to start... The digital 'team,' if you can call it that, is a mess run by people who haven't worked in the advertising and marketing industry in YEARS. They don't understand algorithms, AB testing, or any other basic principle of search, social, or display advertising. And yet the digital marketing for all brands is entirely dictated by them - from targeting to creative. Then they will turn around and demand detailed reports on why the digital campaigns aren't performing. There's next-to-nothing to optimize or improve because the search & social managers aren't allowed to make changes - but they are held responsible. I was absolutely raked over the coals on many occasions for campaigns failing and was told to report on why without saying that it was due to 1) bad targeting, 2) bad creative, or 3) bad landing pages. I've been in this industry a long time and literally NEVER been asked to remove recommendations from a report. After the entire team turned over in January 2022, they installed people who not only don't know what they're doing but actively make everyone who works with them miserable. They are rude, belittling, aggressive, and do not respect non-working hours - calling late into the evening. Even though they have been repeatedly reported and noted as reasons for turnover, they continue to be promoted and given huge raises. It's obvious they are being protected from the very highest levels of the company. PTO is abysmal - they tried to offer me 10 days and I was able to negotiate 20, but then was forced to use my earned PTO to cover days that the company was closed (12/24-1/3). That doesn't seem right to me, if they're closed, how can employees be forced to use their earned PTO to cover it. Salaries are all over the place - newer employees make more than existing and your starting salary is gonna stay that way for a long time unless you're able to ingratiate yourself to C-suite or take on 2-3 roles when they turnover and aren't replaced. There are so many good digital agencies and brand teams out there - I would literally only recommend this company to fresh grads willing to take a beating for a year to get some experience.

Continue reading
    8 people found this review helpful

People & Culture

We are so sorry to hear this feedback and that this was your experience at TTC. As a company, we strive to have an open door where everyone's voice is heard and valued. The People and Culture team is looking into this and ensuring that our leadership teams provide an excellent experience to all of their team members. If you would like to provide any additional feedback, we would like to continue the conversation. Please reach out to us. We wish you the best in your future endeavors and thank you for your contributions to TTC.

9. 4.0

Great experience and environment

Nov 23, 2021 - Air Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

A great company to work for as there are so many sub brands to split off to if you find something you like. Also a great work environment and friendly atmosphere. Managers/Supervisors always willing to help you improve and coach you.

Cons

Pay was ok but not much room for an increase unless you move to a different position.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Worst Company I’ve Worked For

Aug 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some travel benefits, many job positions and multi-cultural environment. Depending on your department and/or manager, pay can sometimes be inconsistent.

Cons

The environment can be toxic. Some members of management lack training. They do not treat other managers or employees with respect. There is too much favoritism among senior management. They are known for retaliating against any employee who voices his/her opinion or suggestion. They overwork and underpay. Employee morale is not good.

Continue reading
    3 people found this review helpful

People & Culture

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with The Travel Corporation and we are sorry to hear about your feedback. It is our goal to create a culture of inclusivity, respect, and a great workplace to succeed in. We also have an extensive training program that includes many different opportunities for managers and employees to take part in to expand their leadership skills. We encourage you to reach out to our People & Culture team to discuss further and how we can help improve our company. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to hear from you. Marian Tran People and Culture Generalist

Viewing 1 - 10 of 360 Reviews

The Travel Corporation Reviews FAQs

The Travel Corporation has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 375 reviews left anonymously by employees. 83% of employees would recommend working at The Travel Corporation to a friend and 84% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 18% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, The Travel Corporation employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at The Travel Corporation. This rating has improved by 35% over the last 12 months.

83% of The Travel Corporation employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated The Travel Corporation 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at The Travel Corporation to be benefits, career development, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with The Travel Corporation Job Seekers