The Trump Organization Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
The Trump Organization Chairman and President Donald J. Trump
Donald J. Trump

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Here two years and love this company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at The Trump Organization full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Joined just when politics became an issue. The family and corporate team have deftly navigated what can be difficult situations over the past years.
    My Managing Director is a true professional and an excellent leader. Don't always agree with him but he listens to your opinion and is not too proud to change his decision/mind.
    Teamwork at the hotel is outstanding with many, many great associates willing to pitch in and help across departments..

Cons

The expectations are what you would expect, and I have experienced, at other luxury companies. The pressure is not something everyone can deal with so know that you will continually be pushed to be better each day.

Advice to Management

Continue the path you are on with encouraging, supporting us while maintaining expectations.

2. "lead cook"

Current Employee - Lead Cook in Doral, FL
    Current Employee - Lead Cook in Doral, FL

I have been working at The Trump Organization full-time (More than a year)

Pros

nice hoyel and golf resort

Cons

no comunication between employees, andemployer

Advice to Management

training in all areas

"Incredible Opportunity & Strong Leadership"

Current Employee - Marketing in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing in New York, NY

I have been working at The Trump Organization full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One thing becomes immediately apparent on the first day of work here – this is the “A” league. Everyone is smart and personable and understands the importance that comes along with working and performing for the Trump family. No internal politics due to very strong leadership at the top, a refreshing change of pace from companies of similar size and scope. The Trump family is incredibly motivating and engaged in work across all levels of the organization – they roll up their sleeves and dive into projects with team members providing an unmatched opportunity for mentorship from some of the highest profile business leaders in the country. Along with senior management they are very approachable and good listeners – everyone plays a role in the growth of the company.

Fun benefits include high profile celebrities, politicians & news media visiting/filming regularly at the office, food and snacks routinely delivered to the kitchen, a popcorn machine, incredible views of Manhattan and Central Park from hallways & conference rooms and some of the most highly coveted real estate assets in the world to work on projects with, visit and grow. It’s not uncommon to meet people who have worked here for 10, 20 and 30 years – a testament to what the Trump's bring to the table for their employees and the loyalty they receive in return. Very family friendly, solid health benefits and 401K with generous match. Nice discounts at Trump Café, Grill, Ice Cream, etc which are all located in the lobby of the building.

Cons

Expectations and responsibility are high – you’re expected to execute challenging projects assigned at all levels. This is after all a company that had a prime-time reality TV show about what it’s like to be hired and work here. There’s no hiding in the hallways where the Apprentice was literally filmed.

Advice to Management

There is truly no company like The Trump Organization that combines Commercial/Residential Real Estate, Championship Golf, Luxury Hotels, a Winery, Luxury Realty Brokerage, Apparel, Merchandise and Entertainment (Television Production Company, Modeling Agency, Books, Ice Skating Rinks, Fine Dining, etc) all under one brand. With endless projects available to work on continue expansion of team resources to meet growth demands across all business units.

4. "I feel incredibly fortunate to come to work each day..."

I have been working at The Trump Organization full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I feel incredibly fortunate to come to work each day and be a part of such an extraordinary team of people at The Trump Organization. From day one, I noticed that the company was built on an unbelievably strong foundation of kind and hard-working employees, many who have been with the organization for well over a decade, loyalty and a shared camaraderie that is unlike any other company I have worked for.

If you are looking to grow with a company that will value your hard work and loyalty, I would 100% recommend pursuing an opportunity at The Trump Organization.

Cons

It is a very busy and exciting time in the world of Trump – employees often wear many hats and are given a lot of responsibility! This is something really I love and sincerely value about the company, but realize it may not be for everyone.

Advice to Management

N/A

5. "Fast pace environment"

I have been working at The Trump Organization full-time

Pros

Great experience in the luxury market

Cons

Tight budgets get in the way of productivity

"Trump Organization"

I have been working at The Trump Organization full-time

Pros

great company to work for. I love it there and you will love it there too. Mr. Trump is a fantastic man.

Cons

the best company in the world. But it can get rather intense. You had better give it your best shot every day or you will be out the door.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work guys. I would not change anything. You guys are so tough. Very very tough to be exact.

"IT SPECIALIST"

Current Employee - IT Specialist in Flushing, NY
    Current Employee - IT Specialist in Flushing, NY

I have been working at The Trump Organization (More than a year)

Pros

Very positive and welcoming work environment.

Cons

Health Benefits could be a bit better.

"It's OK -"

Current Intern - Interior Design Intern in New York, NY
    Current Intern - Interior Design Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at The Trump Organization as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

-nice people, helpful
    -everybody minds their own business
    -flexible hours that I can choose to work
    -was supposed to be unpaid- but turned into paid

Cons

-not enough pay
    -no design at all (I am interior designer)

"the experience has been very trying and hard work"

Current Employee - Linen Attendant in Atlantic City, NJ
    Current Employee - Linen Attendant in Atlantic City, NJ

Pros

the interaction with good people , the hours are pretty reasonable there is not to many pros to my department pressently working

Cons

the job i have is very under paid hourly no interaction with supervisors only unless there is a problem or complaint no kind of way to be towards employees working hard

Advice to Management

my advice is to make time to say good job or create advancement for people to come up with company and pay raises could be nice