The University of Kansas Health System Reviews

Updated May 4, 2020

3.8
The University of Kansas Health System President and Chief Executive Officer Bob Page (no image)
Bob Page
Pros
  • "Good pay with great bonus shifts, many career growth opportunities, great benefits(in 30 reviews)

• "Good benefits with opportunity to grow if you are under the right management team(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • "Sometimes the upper management seems a little detached from what some of the challenges may be for those on the floor, housekeeping, etc(in 8 reviews)

• "Point system, compensation for added job duties(in 7 reviews)

1. "A great place to work at"

Former Employee - Senior Patient Account Representative in Kansas City, KS

I worked at The University of Kansas Health System full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I worked under a great Supervisor

Cons

The benefits could have been better

The University of Kansas Health System2020-04-11
  2. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Kansas City, MO

I worked at The University of Kansas Health System full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture, benefits and team based environment

Cons

Parking, had to walk very far and pay for parking. Leadership was a bit all over the place, lots of changes and lack of clear communication for how fast it was growing.

The University of Kansas Health System2020-05-04
  3. "Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse, BSN in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at The University of Kansas Health System full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great co-workers and support from floor management. Easy to build positive relationships with numerous individuals in various roles. Everyone has done a great job during the pandemic to help ALL employees to the best of there ability - huge kudos to all the management and those involved in making this happen. Interesting cases and a great way to build your knowledge base as this hospital gets a wide- array of cases.

Cons

Sometimes the upper management seems a little detached from what some of the challenges may be for those on the floor, housekeeping, etc. This does account for occasional changes and policies that poorly effect those on the front lines. I do not believe it is done maliciously though - it is a business and I am sure there are a lot of things going into it that we are not privy too.

The University of Kansas Health System2020-04-29
  4. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Staff RN in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at The University of Kansas Health System part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great staff to patient ratio at my particular location leads to greater customer service and reviews as well as greater employee satisfaction. Both staff and customers seem happier than at most hospitals that I've either visited or worked for. Patients definitely appreciate the more in depth care that the staff are able to give.

Cons

Where I work, there is not as many staff as a whole, so if someone can't come in to work it is harder to get a replacement and then it can become pretty busy.

The University of Kansas Health System2020-04-12
  5. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse, BSN

I have been working at The University of Kansas Health System full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Cons

Some management is poor and that will not change unfortunately, points system when sick or not being able to work

The University of Kansas Health System2020-04-11
  6. "Good"

Current Employee - Youth Care Specialist in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at The University of Kansas Health System full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You’ll get good experience here

Cons

There is a lot of inconsistency with management

The University of Kansas Health System2020-04-09
  7. "Patient Service Representatives"

2.0
    Former Employee - Patient Service Representative in Mission, KS

Pros

The company itself is great to work for. Good benefits with opportunity to grow if you are under the right management team. The people I worked with was great.

Cons

I hate to right bad reviews but the truth must be told about this dept I was under. I was in the Call Center as a Patient Service Rep. This unit was a bad experience. Training was really no training, they micro-managed your day to day schedule. Supervisors and management was not really helpful. They try to hold you back from moving to other depts within KU. They just have a don't care attitude and the calls are non-stop. Good luck if you decide to apply for this role.

The University of Kansas Health System2020-03-15
  8. "Wonderful culture"

Current Employee - Certified Medical Assistant in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at The University of Kansas Health System full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love the culture of KU's health system! Compensation is wonderful.

Cons

The shuttle service from parking to campus adds about 30 minutes to my commute.

The University of Kansas Health System2020-02-27
  9. "ER RN"

Former Employee - Emergency Department RN in Kansas City, KS

I worked at The University of Kansas Health System full-time

Pros

Really good team work and education.

Cons

It is a really hectic, busy ER.

The University of Kansas Health System2020-02-27
  10. "Excellent Organization"

Former Employee - IT Asset Management Analyst

I worked at The University of Kansas Health System full-time for more than a year

Pros

Health Benefits and Pay were excellent.

Cons

Seems to be hard to be terminated. As a result there are some bed apples working there.

The University of Kansas Health System2020-02-21