The University of Kansas Health System "point system" Reviews | Glassdoor

The University of Kansas Health System Employee Reviews about "point system"

Updated 20 de Jun 2017

3.9
The University of Kansas Health System CEO Bob Page (no image)
Bob Page
Pros
Cons
  • "Upper management makes all decisions with little or no consideration of the input from staff(in 7 reviews)

• "Point system, compensation for added job duties(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "point system"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Patient Care Assistant"

Patient Care Assistant

I have been working at The University of Kansas Health System

Pros

Great staff and the benefits are awesome

Cons

The point system for calling in

Advice to Management

Be a little more lenient on staff who have little babies and miss due to them being sick

The University of Kansas Health System2016-10-17

"Reception/HIM"

Former Employee - Reception/HIM in Overland Park, KS

I worked at The University of Kansas Health System full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits & the cancer center is closed on holidays

Cons

Point system, compensation for added job duties

Advice to Management

Value your employees

The University of Kansas Health System2017-06-20

"RN"

I have been working at The University of Kansas Health System full-time

Pros

Good benefits as long as you stay in the KU system, lots of room to advance into non-bedside positions, patient loads are reasonable.

Cons

Parking at the main campus is awful, pay is low-average, one day a month of PTO, and a point system for call ins.

The University of Kansas Health System2017-02-09

"Virtual Registration Specialist. Some things are decent...so many other things need change."

Current Employee - Virtual Registration Specialist

I have been working at The University of Kansas Health System full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Medical Benefits and salary are decent. PTO accrual is decent. Some Management Departments are trying to get it together. Most of the upper Management are good.

Cons

Employee parking at the main hospital is horrible. KU has grown so much, that they are running out of space to park. They make employees pay for off site parking, and ride a shuttle bus to their designated work areas. Other local hospitals do not make their employees pay for parking. No discount for employees in the cafeteria or any other eating establishments affiliated with KU Hospital. Attendance policy point... system is too strict.

Advice to Management

Focus on the important issues at hand. Hire experienced, seasoned employees for Supervisor positions and give them no more than a 6 month probationary period to learn the positions that they are hired to supervise. How can a person supervise in a position that they know nothing about? Departments need people in leadership positions who can help out, participate and perform the job duties on days when the... department falls short of employees, instead of passing all extra work off on other workers. If employees cannot rely on the supervisor for help, they really aren't much help to their employees or the department.

The University of Kansas Health System2016-10-19

"Nice place for a stepping stone to gain experience."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at The University of Kansas Health System full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible with my home/life schedule, benefits are decent CEO and CNO are frequently seen and always say hi to staff.

Cons

Accrued time off per pay period doesn't even equal one day off if you have been there for less than 5 years. 6ish hours per pay period. There is a point system - if an hourly employee shows up a few minutes late you get points and can be grounds for termination which are pretty strict. Many people morph into jobs that are out of their job description with no increase in pay. Frequently told that the culture is that... "KU likes to try you out for the job before making official transition" which can take years. Overly worked, many staff members feel guilt for taking a lunch or a break because there is so much work to do and the hiring process takes forever. Posting for jobs doesn't even begin until a couple weeks after someone is gone - they are not proactive after someone communicates that they are leaving. Boast that they are the best hospital in Kansas City but if you don't play politics then your suggestions are not taken into account.

Advice to Management

Care about your people more, because we are people and not pawns to mark items off your checklist.

The University of Kansas Health System2015-10-24

"No longer proud to say I work at KU Hospital"

I have been working at The University of Kansas Health System full-time for more than a year

Pros

Healthcare benefits are good as long as you are seeing a KU physician

Cons

They talk a good game in orientation, but have no follow through for employee support. Employee relations is there to support management at all times. There is no room for individuality and I am not talking about uniforms. Parking is HORRIBLE. How is it in Kansas I have to leave home 45 minutes earlier so I can park my car and get on a shuttle to my place of work? And if I don't park 'correctly' I can get a $90... ticket--in a lot where only employees park. There is no life-work balance. I have to plan a vacation day a month in advance and then wait until the beginning of that month to find out if it's been approved? The point system is antiquated. Forget your badge=1/3 point, a missed punch on the time clock=1/3 point. So if I get to work on time (or early because the shuttle only runs every 15-30 min) and forget my badge in my car I will get 1 whole point because of the missing badge and not being able to clock in or out. How in the world does this make sense? From there it just goes down hill...

Advice to Management

Stop micro-managing. Replace the dead weight in departments and stop overworking your employees. If you are having to hold a job fair for nurses because of the revolving door in a world class hospital you need to take a closer look. Provide training for management and put innovated thinkers and problem solvers in these positions instead of mouth pieces that listen to idle gossip and think they need to re-invent... the wheel every time a patient voices a concern or inconvenience.

The University of Kansas Health System2014-07-12