The latest conversations about Teachers
Got a burning question about The University of North Carolina System? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with The University of North Carolina System employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Low pay and lack of work" (in 46 reviews)
- "The little parking that is available on campus is expensive and often distant." (in 28 reviews)
- "Salaries relatively low; advancement opportunies" (in 21 reviews)
- "Management is old and out of touch with how the world has evolved, still trying to hold on to their southern, racist, sexist etc views." (in 10 reviews)
- "No raises, no bonuses and if you have more education than your co" (in 10 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of The University of North Carolina System and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 13 of over 739 reviews
Updated Aug 27, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "long hours"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0May 16, 2016Postdoctoral Research FellowFormer EmployeeChapel Hill, NC
I worked as a Post-doctoral Research Fellow in the chemistry department. Many labs are in the new chemistry building(s), such as Venable Hall. Great opportunities to network with scientists in other labs. It was a positive experience.
I was paid less than the NIH standard for postdocs at the time. I worked long hours but that was mostly self-imposed.
- 5.0Oct 28, 2015PhD StudentCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsChapel Hill, NC
flex hours, great teachers, good health benefits, great opportunities
well...you are in graduate school, so the pay. long hours