The Warranty Group Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Thomas Warsop

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management is not very good at communicating goals and vision of company (in 7 reviews)

• Senior management only spoke to each other (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Exciting company"

I have been working at The Warranty Group full-time

Pros

TWG is radically transforming their technology stack. It's an exciting time to be there.

Cons

Deadlines were prioritized over quality (which isn't abnormal) but leads to lack of joy in the product being delivered. This has definitely improved.

The Warranty Group Response

Sep 19, 2016 – Director, US Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We're glad that you find it an exciting time to be at TWG- our future is bright! Great feedback on balancing timeliness with quality- that can be ... More

2. "There are worse places"

Former Employee - IT Person in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - IT Person in Chicago, IL

I worked at The Warranty Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are great to work with. It's a small place (and getting smaller) so you get to know almost everyone.

Cons

If someone leaves they don't replace them. The job just gets handed off to someone else. The workload is unreal and expectations are high.

Advice to Management

Be good to the people who help you company run. There is a lot of business knowledge that is leaving and that is hard to replace. Treat them with respect and dignity. Don't pressure them into doing things that they disagree is the right thing to do.

"Dead end job that will make you miserable. Stay away"

Pros

Easy. Weekday work. You get to go on breaks whenever you feel like. No punch in system. Just simply come and type and go

Cons

This is my experience temping here so I'll give you the rundown. Horrible, terrible managers that don't care about you and just keep giving you sheets to keep typing and typing away. No room for growth. Low pay ($12 an hour, are you kidding me?). You have to pay for the snacks/drinks in the break room. (Seriously, you don't make them free for employees? I've never heard of this). For me, there was a dress code policy but why did t matter if everyone else wore casual? Very bad to work at if your a millennial. Don't even think about getting this job through a temp agency unless your extremely desperate for a job.

Advice to Management

I wanted to give this company a chance, but they disappointed me further and further and I regret ever working here. They don't take a hint about how other companies work and they have their own little bubble because they don't and won't ever grow.

"Information technology"

Former Employee - IT Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at The Warranty Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Convenient location. Benefits are ok. Flexible work hours. Training if you are lucky enough. Sometimes they bring in food for meetings. Coworkers are very friendly

Cons

Hostile work environment. It's a good old boys club to get promoted. HR department is a joke and won't do anything. This company was supposed to go public ages ago. But upper management didn't want to follow the rules.

Advice to Management

Clean house

"New CEO... Optimistic but work is needed."

Current Employee - Client Relationship Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Client Relationship Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The Warranty Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free building gym for employees, smaller groups, medical and 401k benefits. Some good leaders, some good coworkers, some team players.

Cons

I wish TWG would take reviews and suggestions on Glassdoor for improvement to heart years ago, this could have been a more pleasant place to work by now. Archaic systems, archaic leaders, archaic model. The company is shrinking and people are juggling multiple tasks. Sadly, the wrong people are being kept and letting go of the hard workers or people who have ideas or challenge management. TWG uses the "at will" excuse to get rid of people, which is sadly OK.

Advice to Management

It's refreshing that the company has a new leader, now they need to restructure the Human Resources Department with new blood. This is the main reason there is so much discord and poor morale. No desire to improve the company or themselves.

7. "Customer Service Rep"

I have been working at The Warranty Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers to work with! Decent company! Decent starting pay!

Cons

If you are not used to angry customers, this is not the job for you. Sometimes it gets boring doing the same thing over and over again, however, some people might like that. No feedback on whether or not you are doing a good job. Quick feedback when you do something wrong! Open 24/7 so you will have to work all holidays!

Advice to Management

Give feedback to employees when they are doing a great job! It will allow you to have happy employees and they will WANT to work for your company. Also, offer bonuses for people who are doing outstanding! On the insurance side, I don't particularly see a need for the company to be open 24/7; employees should be able to be home with their families on major holidays!

"Stay Away"

Current Employee - Marketing in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The Warranty Group (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work life balance, great pay, and no benefits

Cons

Lack of leadership with significant turnover. Compensation plans change every year and upper management can't be trusted.

Advice to Management

Care about the employees and value experience.

"Accountant"

Pros

The benefits were good and the people that I worked with in my reinsurance accounting department were friendly.

Cons

Upper management is not very good at communicating goals and vision of company. Marketing people have an attitude that they are better than accounting and claims departments. Lots of snobs in the Executive team with a couple exceptions (David V is very nice guy). Lower pay than other insurance companies.

Advice to Management

Leadership rises and falls on Communication across all departmental lines. Poor attitudes at the Top towards other people not working in the Executive Suite. Executives have beautiful office space while claims is packed in like sardines. Get rid of that ugly TWG logo and hire a Marketing agency to create better colors with blue and gray. Should have named company Warrior Debt Protection Services and let me design logo. David Cole played it safe with The Warranty Group name instead of a Bold name which would include services other than warranties. Dream Big and share vision with ALL employees.

"Take a pass"

I worked at The Warranty Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are nice people who work hard at this company

Cons

Not the CEO or HR. They are clueless

"A lot of Big Changes but positive growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The Warranty Group full-time

Pros

The company has a lot of new changes which is good- Big Wins for employees and clients. There are a lot of opportunities if you work hard.

Cons

The culture isn't very social or friendly. Departments don't interact and some processes are still behind.

Advice to Management

Map out career paths and give positive feedback to those who are helping the business as well as encourage those looking to grow within the company. Positive feedback and consistency is key with so may changes.