The Washington Post Reviews in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

The Washington Post New York City Reviews

New York City, NY Area

3.5
The Washington Post CEO & Publisher Frederick J. Ryan Jr.
Frederick J. Ryan Jr.
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The Post relies on a collaborative work environment and that is how they have become so successful with their tech & digital transformation (in 11 reviews)

• A great brand name and worldwide reputation (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is seriously only out for themselves (in 10 reviews)

• Difficult to move up the ladder (in 3 reviews)

1. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at The Washington Post full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart people and tremendous growth in audience and technology.

Cons

Still going through growing pains.

Dec 13, 2016 – The Washington Post Team

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We love hearing about our employees’ positive experiences. Thank you for choosing to be part of The Washington Post team!

2. "Amazing editorial, Amazing technology. Still in transition on ad sales/business operations"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at The Washington Post (More than a year)

Pros

The Washington Post has made an amazing transition toward becoming a technology-driven news organization. The newsroom is unparalleled in it's coverage of politics and world events. The company is making great strides toward becoming a leader in newspaper technology.

Cons

As with many Washington media companies, the business part of the company is ok, but not great. New management in New York is brining media professionals into the mix, which is helping. Influx of Politico employees is not likely to help the company achieve a sustainable revenue model given that these same people enjoyed a brief run at Politico, but that company is now all but dead.

Dec 13, 2016 – The Washington Post Team

Thank you for the review and feedback. It's helpful as we strive to be a great place to work for all of our employees. The business side of the company is something we've focused on the last few... More

"Great people and career growth opportunities!"

Current Employee - NY - New York in New York, NY
    Current Employee - NY - New York in New York, NY

Pros

The team is amazing! Such great people to work with everyday, team spirit, and made some great friends through the Post.
    I have learned so much in the past 5 years thanks to the Post being so innovating and continuously creating new products.

Cons

Lack of post sales support has been an issue. As we have more services and products to offer, it has been a challenge having more people to support and answer these needs.

Advice to Management

Recognize the hard work, effort and time people put into. Thank yous and shout outs go a long way.

Dec 13, 2016 – The Washington Post Team

Thank you for taking time to write a review and give us some feedback. We take it seriously and have a commitment to growth. We've passed along your feedback. If you have any more specifics, feel... More