The White Company "staff discount" Reviews | Glassdoor

The White Company Reviews

Updated Oct 16, 2019

2.9
The White Company CEO Mary Homer  (no image)
Mary Homer
  1. "My Experience"

Current Employee - People Advisor in Northampton, England

I have been working at The White Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Beautiful products with a very generous staff discount. My role is varied and I feel I have the right level of support and guidance from my line manager. A very friendly team of people all who want to get on and work well together to achieve the same goals. The dedication and commitment from people is second to none.

Cons

Transparency. There is sometimes a lack of communication and transparency when it comes to keeping people / teams in the know and you can sometimes get the feel of everything is a bit cloak and dagger. However this isn't just specific to The White Company - I feel a lot of organisations fall foul of this from time to time.

Advice to Management

Motivate and drive your front line - your money makers. They are the ones who need the most looking after.

The White Company2017-01-17

"Stockroom Assistant"

I worked at The White Company part-time

Pros

The people. Everyone I was working with were fun, smart, hard-working and ended up being great friends. The products, defintely including the scented products, are so nice. The healthy staff discount you get after a certain amount of time is great. I bought many presents whilst I was there.

Cons

Area Management were very blank, and often walked by you as if you weren't there. Maybe this was an only case but it was annoying and meant I had little respect for them. Non-existent work life balance unfortunately, I don't think I ever got 2 days in a row off. Having said that, the staff and management did try to help each other out when covering shifts etc.

Advice to Management

Staff do great when they're treated nicely, incentivised and understand how their job benefits their team, the company and themselves. If you're putting someone down for making mistakes, you are neither helping the staff member or yourself. To area-management - Our staff were so passionate and great. I know you don't come in often, and you have a lot to do, but for the odd time you do visit, it would be a great... incentive to get to know the staff at every level.

The White Company2016-10-13
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Okay."

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in London, England

I worked at The White Company part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good staff discount and nice colleagues.

Cons

Didn't get paid enough for the amount of work and pressure that was placed upon sales staff. Long hours. No paid breaks, no penalty rates on weekends or bank holidays.

The White Company2016-08-22

"Glad to have left"

Former Employee - Sales Advisor in London, England

I worked at The White Company part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good staff discount, shop floor nice working environment, some staff friendly

Cons

Poor management structure in store - top heavy and dictatorial, don't look at staffs previous skills - have their favourites and that's it, expected to be available all the time even when only given minimal hours contract.

Advice to Management

Re-structure management/supervisor situ, look at contracts offered and why, proper human resources training for store management

The White Company2015-03-18

The White Company Response

May 6, 2015Head of HR

It would be good to understand your comments a little more, and be able to talk through your concerns. Please get in touch at mjones@thewhitecompany.com

"Great company but with dictatorship store management"

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Bristol, England

I have been working at The White Company part-time for more than a year

Pros

lovely products, nice customers, great staff discount, aspiring company, good working conditions, nice working environment

Cons

store manager and assistant manager treat the rest of the staff like they are worthless. Promote no career opportunities. Simply want you to do your shift and then leave - absolutely no communication skills and no attempt to establish rapport with employees. Shift swapping is discouraged and extra hours are never 'asked' to be worked but simply forced.

Advice to Management

Learn how to lead so that others will respect you.

The White Company2014-08-02

The White Company Response

August 18, 2014Head of HR

Hi, thank you for sharing your thoughts - I am pleased that you are enjoying elements of your role with us. However, if you would like to discuss the things you are concerned about more personally, please contact me directly at hr@thewhitecompany.com. Miranda

Found 132 reviews