The Wireless Experience Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 21, 2017

1.0
Brian Wainwright

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • This company is great to work for (in 4 reviews)

• Quick to move up, treated with respect and dignity, family atmosphere, leadership will run through walls for their employees (in 5 reviews)

1. "STAY AWAY"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant

I have been working at The Wireless Experience full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There aren’t any pros to coming to The Wireless Experience. The whole company is a joke and treats their employees like crap.

Cons

This company is a joke! Don’t ever expect to get paid correctly. They’re always changing their commissions and bonus structure to keep from paying commissions and bonuses. Further they won’t pay us on insurance renewals whereas AT&T is paying the company for them. They steal money from you. The HR department is a joke. Expect to be terminated for reporting sexual harassment. There is no pros to this company. Management at all levels is incompetent and unable to solve the simplest of problems Further the company will lie about why you are no longer employed when you file for unemployment.

Advice to Management

Close down your stores before you get sued.

2. "The Worse Ever"

Former Employee - Sales in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Sales in Baltimore, MD

I worked at The Wireless Experience full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really don't have anything positive to say. Worse job ever for me. Would not refer to anyone. Many other places to work and shop.

Cons

Toxic Work Environment. Poorly managed and staffed. Avoid at all cost. High turn over and no long term vision. Do not recommend.

Advice to Management

Sell to a better company.

The Wireless Experience Response

Aug 23, 2017 – The Wireless Experience

We are sorry to hear you had a poor experience with us. We hope you had the ability to share this feedback to either your manager, district manager, or a member of the leadership team prior to... More

3. "WORST PLACE TO WORK"

I worked at The Wireless Experience (More than a year)

Pros

If you like lying, unethical, backstabbing employers...this is the place for you!

Cons

Unethical, awful benefits, untrustworthy, micromanaging, super political.

Advice to Management

Take a look in the mirror, remember your employees are human beings and treat them as such.

The Wireless Experience Response

Aug 23, 2017 – The Wireless Experience

Thank you for your response. While we don't have specifics to support your claims, we definitely take it seriously. This is why we have in place standard operating procedures as well as a... More

4. "Not what I expected. The worst experience ever!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Medford, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Medford, MA

I have been working at The Wireless Experience full-time

Pros

The trip to NJ is fun. There's a lot of down time for texting friends and you get a hour lunch.

Cons

A complete waste of time. My manager is rude and upper management don't back they reps. The pay isn't what I expected I'm making less than minimum wedge giving the hours compared to the sales.

Advice to Management

Pay your hard working reps and respect your employees.

5. "Very negative experience"

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at The Wireless Experience full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Trip to atlantic city is cool

Cons

There is alot, pay being #1 , its not livable and i was a top producer. Im sire theyre response will be something like "stay positive and things will get better " but it wont. Trust me. I worked 1 year here and left

Advice to Management

Find district managers that dont lir

"AWFUL COMPANY ......THEY LIE!!!!!"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in North Andover, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in North Andover, MA

I worked at The Wireless Experience full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It will be really tough to name any at all

Cons

Lower management lies straight your face. Upper management is invisible. The owner pretends to care but really doesn't. I don't want to get too deep but its baaaaad!!! unprofessionalism like nothing ive seen before

Advice to Management

Start with training your management team!!

"TERRIBLE COMPANY TO WORK FOR"

Former Employee - Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Sales Manager

Pros

If you liking working for a company that pays you veryyyy little in comparison to other wireless companies then work here. They bought out our previous company and many people took a SEVERE pay cut.

Cons

Upper management is terrible. Managers are paid a McDonald's salary. District managers make you feel disposable. Do yourself a favor and stay away.

Advice to Management

Pay your people WAY better, give them better benefits and teach your district managers how to train and develop, not just get rid of the weak to bring in fresh people.

"dont waste your time"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Holmdel, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Holmdel, NJ

I worked at The Wireless Experience full-time

Pros

1. one party per year in Atlantic city that the vendors pay for, NOT the owner, which we were forced to thank for pretending he footed the bill. He would stand up on the podium every year, and his soft spoken tone thanking all of his employees, for their "hard work" which the very next day wouldn't acknowledge you exist. that being said, so maybe this Atlantic city isn't such a "pro" anyway.
    2. the co workers you met

Cons

the company is very poorly structured! I worked there for over half a decade, never received a cent raise. Always got hounded to sell more and never rewarded for getting to my goals except a crappy plastic trophy that eventually fell apart in the box before I even took it out lol.

THAT BEING SAID....

during my stay at the Wireless waste of time. I made good friends with co workers. Other than that never received a cent raise. and was spoken down to by the managers that work there. they all want numbers out of you and are not willing to pay for it. commission constantly changes so you never have a steady pay. they just structure the commission every month based upon what they needed to sell the most. SO if you sold that, you would receive very little extra. maybe a couple hundred in commission a month. 2-300...AT MAX. they tell you when you start to work there some reps make 80k+. that is false!

I advise you to stay clear of this place and go work for another retailer. they're are plenty out there that was to pay. if you are looking for a job to harass you, not care if you need a day off for emergency, and don't want to pay you. apply here....

Advice to Management

advice to management? ..... management was a joke. they ran around all day going nuts threatening your job every shift if they didn't hit their numbers. My advice is the management needs management.

"annanomous"

Former Employee - Annanomous in Timonium, MD
    Former Employee - Annanomous in Timonium, MD

Pros

Good for start up minimum wage first job

Cons

Not a place to work long term. Not a good working environment. Slow response from corporate and lots of verbal promises not kept. Lots of good employees have left or are leaving.

Advice to Management

Keep your verbal promises and work harder at keeping good staff.

"TWE = The Worst Ever"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Burlington, MA

Pros

They pay you.
    They have a cool holiday party (youtube wireless experience summit for details).

Cons

Doesn't use the same operating system as Corporate AT&T so you cannot do everything a corp store can.
    Sit around in an empty store because there are two stores in the mall across the street.
    Deal with customer complaints.
    Commission based on selling home solutions.
    Limited growth potential.
    Co-workers usually have high school education level and are lazy.

Advice to Management

Don't threaten employees commission because AT&T forces you to sell Digital Life. Pay people for their Personal Time Off when they leave. (They Do Not)