The latest conversations about Finance
Commercial Customer Service Representative
What’s the best way to have a lack of compensation and incentive conversation in your department? I went above and beyond for years doing extra work, organizations etc and nothing has been reflected in pay. I thought my 5 year was going to finally show something but it did not. I’ve inquired about pay but it’s gotten nowhere.
Got a burning question about The World Bank? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with The World Bank employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good benefits and intellectually stimulating" (in 129 reviews)
- "Interesting work most of the time, some great colleagues (but also some colleagues who do not work at all and bother everyone)." (in 126 reviews)
- "good salary and competitive globally" (in 93 reviews)
- "5) Good work/life balance" (in 92 reviews)
- "1. Poor management across different verticals" (in 54 reviews)
- "No job security as a consultant and you are forced to worry every few months about the next job." (in 44 reviews)
- "Instability and no career progression for mid" (in 31 reviews)
- "Bad managers overall." (in 31 reviews)
- "Too much internal politics ." (in 22 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of The World Bank and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 1,722 of over 3K reviews
Updated Sep 22, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Aug 28, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 8 years
Very international, big picture, large ecosystem to grow and connect, opportunity to make a difference
Would benefit from long term strategies going beyond 5 years
The World Bank Reviews FAQs
The World Bank has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 3,062 reviews left anonymously by employees. 83% of employees would recommend working at The World Bank to a friend and 77% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
83% of The World Bank employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated The World Bank 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.