A very small team means getting to know people. Plus there was tons of flexibility because you dealt with things 1:1 vs having to get a group of 5-15 people together to fix one small issue or move something forward. Everyone seemed collaborative and fair and nice.
Company got acquired by Facebook. Bad because TheFind is over...
Advice to Management
Thanks for a great opportunity.
Smart people, solid work-life balance
Really can't complain, enjoyed my work.
- The whole engineering team is extremely smart. Everybody has MS/PhD degrees.
- The environment requires everybody to be solving new and difficult problems all the time. The products that the company develops are always the first of their kind.
- Great benefits (better than some big companies). But no 401k matching
- Atmosphere is very open. Every month, there's a company meeting where the past month's performance is reviewed and the future strategy is communicated. The CEO follows the policy of 'management by walking around'
- The products (website, tablets apps etc.) get sizeable amount of traffic - 15-20 million users per month. Good satisfaction of whatever work you do being seen by real users immediately.
- Cannot fail to mention the foosball tournaments!
The products are too complicated and too many. Many times, its difficult to focus.
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?